sonic unleashed: reviving the hero or completely destroying

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
loonywillem
Baka Otaku

sonic unleashed: reviving the hero or completely destroying

Post by loonywillem »

So this is about the new sonic game called sonic unleashed.
i've been following the development of this game and from what i can tell its going to be all sonic again.
So no 10 different characters with each their special ability but just him in his all speeding glory... However since Dr. eggman put some sort of curse on him by using the chaos emeralds sonic became a "werehog". Now that is once again making 2 different game styles and that sort of ruins it again for sonics style IMO. Nonetheless i'm quite exited about this coming, for there is 2D parts back in some of the stages *thinking back to the sega genesis era with a :D*.

Anyhow lets hear your opinion on the issue if sonic is going to be back or if this game will have us lost him forever.
Here's the link to his trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foyEk9M1 ... re=related
Ichigo
Full Metal Otaku

Re: sonic unleashed: reviving the hero or completely destroying

Post by Ichigo »

the running parts look great but that werewolf-type thing kills it. i think the last good sonic games were the adventure games for the dreamcast
loonywillem
Baka Otaku

Post by loonywillem »

had those for the gamecube and half the time the control had lag. Thats right the CONTROLS had lag O.o. Whenever i did a double jump to dash at an enemy he jumped only once or jumped, landed on the ground and then jumped again. I was alway like WTF :@ and then my good old sonic got f*cked up by a [censored] eggbot which made me go mental :p
Anyhow back on-topic.
Werehog was and is a bad idea to put in this. I hope there won't be too much of that thing walking about when coming out.
Ichigo
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Ichigo »

loonywillem wrote: I hope there won't be too much of that thing walking about when coming out.
i'm not even going to try the game if its 50/50 with the transforming thing. is it coming to ps3?
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

looks like a game i could beat in less then a 24 hours if i actually tried

umm...the fighting part isn't i see sonic doing, i expect the amazing courses from a sonic game not stand and punch things -.-..

i probably won't buy as the only sonic i played was the oiginal...which was amazing but i'll look out for the reviews
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Roger Taylor
Master Otaku

Post by Roger Taylor »

This guy's avy is so original.
I hate to generalize, but – generally speaking – I hate it! But what do I know? I'm probably too old for it.
Jamie Madrox
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jamie Madrox »

so like a cross between a hedgehog and a werewolf?...dosent sound all that great to me
most nights i lie awake in bed... gazing upon the stars.
untill i realize and wonder....?
where the hell is my roof???
loonywillem
Baka Otaku

Post by loonywillem »

No news has lately come across my view about sonics new try at the world. but i read in a preview that what they are trying to do is go on a wide base of gamers: one half will be thrilled with the all-speed, fast reaction levels and the other half of the game would then be for the young folks under us who loves to do it nice and easy with some puzzlework in it. I'll give more info from the moment i spot it :D

@ Prof. Banana: thanks, i got it from a site that has a lot of these weird ass avy's :P (you were talking about mine was it?)
Haoie
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Haoie »

Man, you just can't beat, or even imitate old school Sonic games.

Sonic in 3D just is fully of problems.
"Turn on your shine and hold me near"
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Haoie wrote:Man, you just can't beat, or even imitate old school Sonic games.

Sonic in 3D just is fully of problems.
Agreed.. But thats because collision detection at high speeds is difficult.. as well as many other issues..

but yeah.... This unleashed, looks cool, but, wtf?
I mean, its going to suk, no matter what. They ar releasing it for the PS2!!! ><
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
loonywillem
Baka Otaku

Post by loonywillem »

the WII will get their share part of the mess but i thik i won't be out for ps2 (or at least haven't seen official news about that) :D but don't think the clarity wil be the same. think of it as need for speed pro street. the ps2 also had that but with a wAAAy lesser quality