XBOX 360 or PS3

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Re: XBOX 360 or PS3

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

why the hell would they make a 2D side scroller game on a next gen console? that just seems stupid to me and a waste of money. Hmm....let me think would I rather spend 60 dollars on a 2D game with crappy graphics or spend it on a game like God of War 3?? And I don't hate it because it's childish.....I mean I love the Katamari games and those are very childish. The difference between LBP and Katamari is that Katamari is hella fun and LBP is boring and repetitive.

Another difference between them is that everything in LBP everything has to be done in a predetermined order.....even on lvls you create, you have to set that order of completion and there is no getting around. And that's because its a 2D side scroller.

LBP might have subtle differences in the things you do on each lvl but in the end there is only so much content and all the levels are going to have the same traps just in different locations with an altered background.

If I wanted to play 2D games I'd hook up my old Nintendo and play the old Mario games
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Zabo
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Zabo »

Gee Aoi.. no offense but you kinda sound spoiled by complexity. Hell I'm still entertained by PACMAN XD. Old school stuff will always be fun, no matter who says otherwise. There will always be a market, and LBP proves this handily.

Though you also don't have to buy the 60 dollar games to have fun either. This is why both Sony and MS make killings on PSN and Live respectively. I can honestly say that after having played both (and owning both more or less) that I'm deadlocked. I only use my PS3 more because it's set up right out of the box for connectivity (wireless, bluetooth, blu-ray). And don't forget the expandability of any PS3 due to the fact that you can shove almost any laptop drive into it. 360s need a special HD that costs an arm and a leg :/. Hence why the 360 is going back to my schmuck brother to diddle around with.

But back to LBP, I'm still waiting for more cash to splurge on the base game. I do like it though.. nice mindless release and a damn good party game to play while drunk. Oh, and Guitar Hero..
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I am not spoiled by complexity....Katamari is very simple as well as many other games like simpsons road rage and needless to say the original mario games (thats why i havent trashed by super nintendo) Oh and Super smash bros....one of the simplest games made and still one of the funnest.

......I just hate LBP I think it's a horrible game and a piece of crap.
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Roger Taylor
Master Otaku

Post by Roger Taylor »

I like it :D
I hate to generalize, but – generally speaking – I hate it! But what do I know? I'm probably too old for it.
+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

I'm only getting LBP so I can get Trophies on mah PS3. >:3
anyways one of the upsides to the ps3 is free internet. I mean, you don't have to pay, like Xbox live.
High wire escape artist
Zabo
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Zabo »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:I am not spoiled by complexity....Katamari is very simple as well as many other games like simpsons road rage and needless to say the original mario games (thats why i havent trashed by super nintendo) Oh and Super smash bros....one of the simplest games made and still one of the funnest.

......I just hate LBP I think it's a horrible game and a piece of crap.
Well, I'd like to see some examples of why LBP is such a 'POC' as you claim it to be. Not that I'm bashing you or anything, I'm just curious. I mean there has to be a reason for people wanting to call this game the GOTY for 2008 on the PS3. I mean, for me it's going to be LBP or Fallout 3 under the old spruce.

Oh, and I totally agree with Pink. Free wireless interwebs is nice as well as free access to the PSN store out of the box. (I know live does this too, but no wireless from the box or HD interchangeability? C'mon MS..)

My only peeve is that Home is the LAMEST POS I have every laid my eyes on. I literally fell asleep playing it. FELL ASLEEP. WTF?
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I already said I find the game to be repetitive and lacking real content, for such a hyped up title it's a let down. I think it's boring......I'm not all against side scrollers either I loved the old side scroll duke nukem and castlevania :)

actually a good example of a good side scroller turned horrible 3d game is sonic. The old 2d side scroll Sonic was the best and most of the newer ones blow chunks lol
+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

lmao I know I hated the 3d Sonic.
High wire escape artist
Boxcar Bob
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Boxcar Bob »

The first 3D sonic on the Dreamcast was certainly not a bad little game. Second one was kinda 'errrm'. After that though they started to suck a tad :'(
Demyx wrote:I can wrestle and pin a girl who's twice my size. I have nothing to be ashamed of at all.
The Pervert
Rookie Otaku

Post by The Pervert »

Sony all hte Way. i been thru 7 360 and took like a month to get them back form support. Had to drive it all the Way from maine to texas in a mail truck, cause flying it air is to expensive cause they have 360s breaking every year. while Sony has uber support and PS home :D I win
If I just wrote this , I must be a Pervert
Tsukasa
Uber Otaku

Post by Tsukasa »

mostly because it has the games(mostly RPG's) i wanna paly such as Blue dragon, Eternal Sonata, Soul Calibur IV, the only reason i would've got a ps3 was to play Final Fantasy XIII, but theres a port to the 360 of that too
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce cheese, pickle, onion, all on a sesame seed bun. Synchro Summon! Arise, Hungry Burger!
The Pervert
Rookie Otaku

Post by The Pervert »

I like the 360 , oh it was fun but it just I been a sony fan forever and I just like Blu Ray. but Nitendo sucks. BOOOO NITENDO
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

lol At least Nintendo are doing better than Sony XD. Blu rays rather annoying. What's the point of it?
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

agreed blu-ray sucks bawz

I'm a playstation fan too but I'm mature enough to admit when the ps3 got it's ass wooped by the amerikans. The PS3 was totally slaughtered and out classed by the 360.
The Pervert
Rookie Otaku

Post by The Pervert »

nitendo is getting their ass kicked by Micro because Micro became desperate and lowered it price. I love blu ray as No more scrathes and annoying cleaning the damn disk. The PS3 is my Game system, computer, Hi defination sterioe, Hi def move player, and Blu ray burner. Face it, blu ray is gonna be teh next DVD you'll see in 20 years. Its gonna be like DVD taking over VHS. I do admit sony did take a beating because of their High prices, but Hell all i would want from them is lowered prices. for god sake free internet browser and Free online. Beats having to pay 50 bucks a year. Yes im cheap
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

blu-ray is not going to replace DVD

only fools like you think it'll replace DVD. In a year or 2 no one will even remember blu-ray. Either it will have been replaced by something newer or people will have realized that it's a waste of money. With the way new tech is coming out now days it's best not to waste money on every new release because it's just going to be replaced by something newer and better a couple months later.

But by all means go ahead and waste your money and when something comes out next year that's "supposed" to be better than blu-ray you can waste even more money on that too.

A perfect example is the BETA-max to VHS. Beta came out in 1975 and was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread and a year later in 1976 JVC released the VHS and destroyed the beta beyond recognition.