XBOX 360 or PS3

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Re: XBOX 360 or PS3

Post by Kitty »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:
Kitty wrote:Yeah I had it wrong then, I was thinking of the wrong modding. My bad.
hacking maybe?
Hacking ,to me, is more like people on computers getting information they are not supposed to. But yeah in a way hacking is modding on gaming systems because they change the way some things are in the game so it's easier for them to win.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Rikoku wrote:
SASSZAIN wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Rikoku wrote:In terms of gaming platforms, they are mirrors. Halo and Gears are reflected by Killzone and Resistance, Forza by Gran Turismo, and everything else is multiplatform. Really, you have to look at what back-ups and extras they have. For instance, if your a movie buff, PS3 is superior to Xbox, but, Xbox will be getting Natal, so it broadens further to casual gamers.
Xbox also suffers from a huge reliabiliy issues, not so much with the PS3, but I prefer the ergonomics of the 360. Given the choice, I'd sooner have a PC. It plays virtually everything, and it also broadens the gaming spectrum by allowing people to write their own mods and patches. While it does suffer a lack of exclusive titles due to the availibility of consoles, it is more than enhanced by the friendliest community. The biggest put-off is the cost to keep it top of the range to play new releases.
First off Halo is not "reflected" by Killzone and Resistance, Halo came out the same day as Killzone and a few months before Resistance, and not everything else is Multi platform there are some more games out there that aren't on every system like Fable or God of War.

I agree with you on the PS3 being better than Xbox for movies because blu-ray is definitely great but I think both the systems are equal. They both have problems like "The Red Ring of Death" also on the PS3 but they call it "The Yellow Light of Death" pretty much the same thing.

Lastly, The PC is not always great for gaming... you need a really good PC for gaming like Alienware. I would love to get an Alienware computer... right now I have a dell it's decent. The only game I play on it is The Sims 3 and that even messes up. And another thing... not everyone likes to mod. I know a few people including myself who hate modders. It's cheating, and it makes the game less fun. Honestly if you can't play a game without modding/cheating then your a wuss and a loser. I'm not calling you that i'm just saying that people in general that mod/cheat are.

The prices of new releases is definitely getting ridiculously high.
your ignorance of PCs upsets me, so i'ma educate you.

Give me 500 dollars and i can make you a PC that will be able to play every game on the market now, and for at LEAST the next 6 months. You dont need a lot of money, you just need a bit of brains.

Modding isnt cheating. Modding is creating. Some of the greatest games there are started out as mods for another game. Killing Floor, CounterStrike, Team Fortress, all started out as mods built on the code of another game.
In addition to that, a lot of great games have been created by the modding community that have either just been amazing, or have actualy helped them get jobs. Adam Foster and his MINERVA Metastasis mod of HalfLife2 is a great example of both parts. Another great mod is Age of Chivalry and Portal: Prelude. All of these games are amazing, but will NEVER be available on consoles, because they are made by 'modders'. A few games make it out of the indie mod scene and into the big lights, but not usually.

I'm one of those 'modders' you called a cheater BTW.
I think I'm falling in love with you Sazz.

"Mods" are cheaters in console terms only. I must have been a PC gamer in a past life. Anyone who denies modders denies the future of gaming on the whole.
um.. yeah I already said that I was thinking of the wrong type of modding.
And that depends on which modding your denying. If your talking about the modding that Sazz was talking about then yeah there is no point in denying the future of gaming. But if your talking about the kind of modding I was thinking of then what is the point of playing games when all you get is cheaters who can't play a game fair because they know they can't win without cheats. The future of gaming is going down because of these modders and because Microsoft and Sony can't stop them.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

Actually, your wrong again. Most console modders play shooters, and use auto-fire based technology, allowing for extreme rates of fire. This is easily fixed by the developers, who, in more realistic based shooters like CoD and Rainbow, they put in place a Fire Rate restriction, so bullets can't exceed the limit. However, there are also hardware mods. Its down to the individual on if this is cheating. Some blatently are, like one pull triggers that empty mags too fast. Some, like Turtle Beach headsets and Sticks that increase sensitivity, by me, are fine.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Rikoku wrote:Actually, your wrong again. Most console modders play shooters, and use auto-fire based technology, allowing for extreme rates of fire. This is easily fixed by the developers, who, in more realistic based shooters like CoD and Rainbow, they put in place a Fire Rate restriction, so bullets can't exceed the limit. However, there are also hardware mods. Its down to the individual on if this is cheating. Some blatently are, like one pull triggers that empty mags too fast. Some, like Turtle Beach headsets and Sticks that increase sensitivity, by me, are fine.
I wasn't wrong again. I never said anything about what certain games modders play. I said they just don't know how to play a fair game because they always have to cheat and the future of gaming is going down because Microsoft and Sony can't or won't fix it or stop them.
キティ

Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

It has nothing to do with them unless they are the developers. Its down to the dev teams, and they won't do spit because people buy crap like CoD and L4D that are cheap and very quick to put on the market. At least with these cheap, nasty games, we can block and report the cheats, giving us the delusion that we are making a difference to the console community.
I like you, you remind me of what I was like before I awoke, as it were. If you want my honest opinion, the only way to have a good time playing console online, is play well, and rest in the knowledge that your skills are genuine and honed.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Yeah... I wish they would get off there lazy butts and fix the problem.
キティ

Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

But they won't. Its business, not passion. You have to look for indie and small developers gobbled up by bigger ones, like DICE, Media Molecule, etc
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Yeah I know they won't.. they are too busy trying to find more ways to make people spend money like avatar clothes on Xbox.
キティ

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

trying to stop cheaters is like trying to stop illegal file sharing.....it cant be done
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

^true

Rikoku, I know you, and you know i know you.
dont fall for me XD

l4d wasnt a low budget letsgetthisoutasap game. That was l4d2 XD, and you think DICE is indie?! you're funny. Just sayin.

yeah, thats all i got for this post.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

DICE were indie, is what I'm sayin if you read. Or rather, they were a small dev team. I also said that they were snapped up by a conglomerate, in DICE's case, Electronic Arts.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

oh, okay.

DICE still do good when they can. Frostbyte engine = win
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:trying to stop cheaters is like trying to stop illegal file sharing.....it cant be done
Yeah I know.... I wish there was a way to stop them though. It's almost impossible to have fun playing a game like MW2 with the cheaters.
キティ

SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

thats mecause MW2 isnt supposed to be fun. its supposed to take your money.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

lol yeah I can see that.
キティ

Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

Thats not even the worst thing about MW2 though. Its how the guns are represented. For instance, the UMP45 out shoots any other gun because it seems to maintain its power over distance. Or how full auto hip firing HAS to spray in the reticule, when really, it would spray a lot less, and only where the muzzle is pointed. And how does an ACOG scope increase damage over range? For that to be true, you have to increase muzzle velocity. I tell you, Unreal Tournament has more realistic gun physics
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.