XBOX 360 or PS3

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Re: XBOX 360 or PS3

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:I happen to have a 360, ps3 and a pc that can play any game on the market on max details without issue. And I like all 3
Things are better when you share them.

Spread some love? :D
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Rikoku wrote:In terms of gaming platforms, they are mirrors. Halo and Gears are reflected by Killzone and Resistance, Forza by Gran Turismo, and everything else is multiplatform. Really, you have to look at what back-ups and extras they have. For instance, if your a movie buff, PS3 is superior to Xbox, but, Xbox will be getting Natal, so it broadens further to casual gamers.
Xbox also suffers from a huge reliabiliy issues, not so much with the PS3, but I prefer the ergonomics of the 360. Given the choice, I'd sooner have a PC. It plays virtually everything, and it also broadens the gaming spectrum by allowing people to write their own mods and patches. While it does suffer a lack of exclusive titles due to the availibility of consoles, it is more than enhanced by the friendliest community. The biggest put-off is the cost to keep it top of the range to play new releases.
First off Halo is not "reflected" by Killzone and Resistance, Halo came out the same day as Killzone and a few months before Resistance, and not everything else is Multi platform there are some more games out there that aren't on every system like Fable or God of War.

I agree with you on the PS3 being better than Xbox for movies because blu-ray is definitely great but I think both the systems are equal. They both have problems like "The Red Ring of Death" also on the PS3 but they call it "The Yellow Light of Death" pretty much the same thing.

Lastly, The PC is not always great for gaming... you need a really good PC for gaming like Alienware. I would love to get an Alienware computer... right now I have a dell it's decent. The only game I play on it is The Sims 3 and that even messes up. And another thing... not everyone likes to mod. I know a few people including myself who hate modders. It's cheating, and it makes the game less fun. Honestly if you can't play a game without modding/cheating then your a wuss and a loser. I'm not calling you that i'm just saying that people in general that mod/cheat are.

The prices of new releases is definitely getting ridiculously high.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

not all cross platform games are equal on both consoles either....for example Star Ocean Last Hope is 3 discs on 360 but is 1 disc on ps3. Boyonetta on ps3 has longer load times than the 360.

And 1 of my favorite RPG's is on 360 only....Hironobu Sakaguchi's epic 360 only RPG Lost Odyssey is easily one of the best RPG's I've ever played. I wish so much they'd put it on ps3 because its 4 DISCS on 360 and it would be so much nicer having it on 1 instead of 4

And no you don't need a computer like Alienware to game on a computer. My old computer had a 32 bit OS with only 3gigs ram and 1 9800gt Graphics card and a 2.2Ghz processor. You can get a 2.2Ghz computer with 3gb ram for like 400 dollars nowadays you can get a Nvidia 9800gt for as low as 50 bucks and that card can run just about any game out there including crysis.

modding isn't cheating, modding is part of alot of games. companies even release software to let people mod the game. like the elder scrolls games morrowind, oblivion etc, there are Bethesda released modding tools to let players make the game more unique and it also lets game companies get a better idea of what the gamers like. Modding doesn't mean making god items, most times its changing the skin of an item to something cooler looking and adding more content to the game. Modders even fix bugs and glitches that the publishers didnt know about.

P.S by the way Alienware is owned by DELL and they sucks nowadays, they used to be great but they blow now
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Kitty wrote:
Rikoku wrote:In terms of gaming platforms, they are mirrors. Halo and Gears are reflected by Killzone and Resistance, Forza by Gran Turismo, and everything else is multiplatform. Really, you have to look at what back-ups and extras they have. For instance, if your a movie buff, PS3 is superior to Xbox, but, Xbox will be getting Natal, so it broadens further to casual gamers.
Xbox also suffers from a huge reliabiliy issues, not so much with the PS3, but I prefer the ergonomics of the 360. Given the choice, I'd sooner have a PC. It plays virtually everything, and it also broadens the gaming spectrum by allowing people to write their own mods and patches. While it does suffer a lack of exclusive titles due to the availibility of consoles, it is more than enhanced by the friendliest community. The biggest put-off is the cost to keep it top of the range to play new releases.
First off Halo is not "reflected" by Killzone and Resistance, Halo came out the same day as Killzone and a few months before Resistance, and not everything else is Multi platform there are some more games out there that aren't on every system like Fable or God of War.

I agree with you on the PS3 being better than Xbox for movies because blu-ray is definitely great but I think both the systems are equal. They both have problems like "The Red Ring of Death" also on the PS3 but they call it "The Yellow Light of Death" pretty much the same thing.

Lastly, The PC is not always great for gaming... you need a really good PC for gaming like Alienware. I would love to get an Alienware computer... right now I have a dell it's decent. The only game I play on it is The Sims 3 and that even messes up. And another thing... not everyone likes to mod. I know a few people including myself who hate modders. It's cheating, and it makes the game less fun. Honestly if you can't play a game without modding/cheating then your a wuss and a loser. I'm not calling you that i'm just saying that people in general that mod/cheat are.

your ignorance of PCs upsets me, so i'ma educate you.

Give me 500 dollars and i can make you a PC that will be able to play every game on the market now, and for at LEAST the next 6 months. You dont need a lot of money, you just need a bit of brains.

Modding isnt cheating. Modding is creating. Some of the greatest games there are started out as mods for another game. Killing Floor, CounterStrike, Team Fortress, all started out as mods built on the code of another game.
In addition to that, a lot of great games have been created by the modding community that have either just been amazing, or have actualy helped them get jobs. Adam Foster and his MINERVA Metastasis mod of HalfLife2 is a great example of both parts. Another great mod is Age of Chivalry and Portal: Prelude. All of these games are amazing, but will NEVER be available on consoles, because they are made by 'modders'. A few games make it out of the indie mod scene and into the big lights, but not usually.

I'm one of those 'modders' you called a cheater BTW.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

It sounds like your talking about a different type of modding.... I didn't even know there was more than one type till now lol but yeah I was thinking of the type of modding that is on systems... the kind that some people will cheat to win at a game like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

no
modding a system is adding hardware to it so that they can do things they arent supposed to be doing.

modding in a game is this: http://www.moddb.com/company/valve/mods
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Yeah I had it wrong then, I was thinking of the wrong modding. My bad.
キティ

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Kitty wrote:Yeah I had it wrong then, I was thinking of the wrong modding. My bad.
hacking maybe?
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Hakuren
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Hakuren »

Neither. Get a Wii!
"What kind of disgraceful behaviour is this... Kuchiki Rukia?"

袖白雪
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Hakuren wrote:Neither. Get a Wii!
lol wii = failboat
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

the wii isn't even for 'gamers' Its a console made for the common folk to spend their money on a gimmik. nevermind that the wii has only a few good games, or that the system specs for it rival only its predecessors.

The wii is a party toy. Nothing more XD
Hakuren
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Hakuren »

Psht, haters gon hate!

my Nintendo fanboy soul disagrees!

And there is no argueing with a fanboy soul, stern and stubborn ;)

I like this outlandish approach of Nintendo, it's proof that they still haven't lost their enchanting magic in making innovations, exploring areas that Sony and Microsoft refrain from, because they want to play "safe".

Call it a gimmick or a "party toy for the common folk" and you're probably right, but every now and then I like something new on my plate, instead of playing Tekken 37 or Halo 362. Same sh*t, only better graphics.

NINTENDO TILL I DIE!

袖白雪
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gaming Goddess »

He has a point, Nintendo rocked Sony and Microsoft at E3 this year.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Gaming Goddess wrote:He has a point, Nintendo rocked Sony and Microsoft at E3 this year.
better E3 presentation doesn't equal better console. it just means that nintendo has smarter PR and presentation personnel. The Wii puts more emphasis on showing how glitzy their system is to cover for the lack of quality games. If you take away sports and zelda the Wii would crumble to pieces. Compare that to taking away sports and God Of War on ps3 and PS3 still has enough quality titles to keep going. Same with 360 you can take away sports and Halo and it still has enough quality game titles to keep going.
Hakuren
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Hakuren »

I get your point Aoi, but no matter how epically cool fantastic super amazing they make the graphics, ragdoll physics and what not, it's still the same concept.

"Never change a winning team" might be a smart tactic, but I want to see new weird geeky [censored], innovation, combined with a touch of Nintendo magic! I'd SO be dissapointed if Nintendo would choose to ride the paths that have already been ridden, follow the herd like Sony and Microsoft.

But, I have good hopes. Nintendo is brave, Nintendo still fights on par with the others. The fact that they do that with games that could be considered kiddy/simpleminded/easy/whatever (along with some GREAT epic titles, let's not forget that!) is nothing else but utter proof of the loyalty, pride and commitment we Nintendo fanboys (and girls) are gifted with :D Ofcourse, it is also influenced by our stubborness and the fact that they have genius PR people :P

袖白雪
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

SASSZAIN wrote:
Kitty wrote:

your ignorance of PCs upsets me, so i'ma educate you.

Give me 500 dollars and i can make you a PC that will be able to play every game on the market now, and for at LEAST the next 6 months. You dont need a lot of money, you just need a bit of brains.

Modding isnt cheating. Modding is creating. Some of the greatest games there are started out as mods for another game. Killing Floor, CounterStrike, Team Fortress, all started out as mods built on the code of another game.
In addition to that, a lot of great games have been created by the modding community that have either just been amazing, or have actualy helped them get jobs. Adam Foster and his MINERVA Metastasis mod of HalfLife2 is a great example of both parts. Another great mod is Age of Chivalry and Portal: Prelude. All of these games are amazing, but will NEVER be available on consoles, because they are made by 'modders'. A few games make it out of the indie mod scene and into the big lights, but not usually.

I'm one of those 'modders' you called a cheater BTW.
I think I'm falling in love with you Sazz.

"Mods" are cheaters in console terms only. I must have been a PC gamer in a past life. Anyone who denies modders denies the future of gaming on the whole.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...