Asian Indie Animation Competition Coming Up

Info about upcoming release dates, contests, or any other anime-related news.
Akira Musashi
Baka Otaku

Asian Indie Animation Competition Coming Up

Post by Akira Musashi »

Hey guys, I dunno if you've heard about this indie animation competition called "jidou IN-DE Awards" which is coming up pretty soon. The comp is based in hong kong and crucially the awards are great (supposedly you can win up to 50,000 hkd worth of prizes!!). The competition is geared towards digital animation and contestants must live in asia, think I might give it a shot- sounds like a great opportunity to get noticed and win some cash prizes!!!

This year the theme for the competition is "Futuristic Fairytales", the website says clips should be short at around 90-120 seconds, check it out in more detail at http://www.jidou.com.hk/IN-DE

So does anybody have any ideas about what to do with the theme? I'm still working on a concept..
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Re: Asian Indie Animation Competition Coming Up

Post by Hardcore »

Advertising.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

It does fit in this area, it's letting people know there is an anime art competition.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Athos

Post by Athos »

This does not count as advertising because Akira Musashi is not soliciting.
So does anybody have any ideas about what to do with the theme? I'm still working on a concept..
I assume the user will long back on in a reasonable time to further discuss this topic to discuss ideas.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

My bad. I thought it was somewhere else in the forum.
Forgive me ]:
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Samir88
Baka Otaku

Post by Samir88 »

I forgive you nelly! :D
i checked out the website and it looks like a really promising competition! I think when it comes to 'futuristic'themes cyborgs and robots and post-apocalyptic futures are common e.g akira, evangelion etc. if done rlly well then it would be awesome but keep in mind you would be up against some pretty stiff competition with that traditional route!
what i might do is look at more off kilter classic fables and fairytales such as edward lear's 'book of nonsense' or heinrich hoffmann's 'struwwelpeter'and instead of using traditional themes and motifs associated with 'futuristic', i would place these 18th/early19th century classics into modern contexts giving them a new angle. for example there could be loads of new morals like if a kid plays computer games/blogs for too long his eyes may pop out or if he doesn't hold the lift the lift will collapse. i think following this fable format would also provide some good structure to the clip, e.g struwwelpetter is made up of many 10-20 second snippets.
That's enough from me! :-# anyone else have any thoughts? :-k
Akira Musashi
Baka Otaku

Post by Akira Musashi »

It's going to be deadline of the competition in this Saturday. I dont know whether my drawing is accepted by the judge or not...