=/

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female
Location: In sheep's clothing.
Contact:

=/

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Seriously? Seriously? Israel fired on a UN compound, AGAIN. Isn't this like the third time? Once 2-3 years ago, and a UN school a week ago. Man, it's ridiculous. It's not like they don't know where the UN buildings are.

Israel shouldn't have any representatives in the UN anymore. They obviously don't respect the organization. But I suppose that isn't the only thing they don't care for. :|

No wonder the rest of the Middle East hates them so much.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3

User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female
Location: Yelling at idiot foreigners

Re: =/

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

The places get fired on because Hamas uses them as human shields. And as for why they are hated, I can't believe you would side with the ass holes who want the genocide of an entire country. They have been attacking Israel from the first day it became a country!!!! Every Country in the region has attacked the tiny country of Israel for the purpose of eradicating every Israeli.

Israelis live in fear their entire lives!!!! And the UN cease fire to bring in aid........yea Hamas used that time to fire more rockets at Israeli civilians!!!!! So if you want to point out the bad guys I say [censored] melt gaza down to beaded glass!!!!! Because that is the only way Israel will stop getting attacked.

You know it makes me wonder......why is it that you blame Israel, when they were the ones who got attacked? You wouldn't say a damn thing if it was any other country over there that got attacked by Hamas, GG. Why is it that everyone seems to want to kill them? All they want to do is live in peace yet no one in that region will let that happen!!

Countries in the middle east that attack Israel are no better than the Nazis of WW2, they are all attempting genocide of an entire country. I guarantee if Hamas launched rockets at Japanese civilians we'd bomb the living [censored] out of them.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.

TDL404
Baka Otaku
Posts: 5
Joined: Dec 21, 2008 10:49am
Gender: Male

Re: =/

Post by TDL404 »

The thing is, the land belonged to the jews first. I beleive the arabic occupation was the cause of the crusades. Besides, Hamas is a terrorist group. Apparently using splinter cells in America causing concern for the FBI. Plus I don't recall Israel being our enemy.

User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male
Location: U.S.

Re: =/

Post by Athos »

The funny thing is, why does the U.N. need to get their nose in this business? It doesn't concern them, nor is it a forum for international law. Not to mention, other countries tend to ignore the U.N--China and the United States--to just name a few. Not to mention, I don't believe that international law is applicable to this area.
Member of the ModSquad 8)

Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: =/

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

well considering the unfair treatment of the Palestinians, and the fact that they had their lands taken from them by force when they had live there for ages, I'm not surprised that they're angry. You want to know what the situation is like?

I walk into your house with a document from a group of people from all over the country, all of whom declare they have power in your jurisdiction without any justification as to why that's real. Basically a large number of my family members got killed off, and I claim that the house that you live in is very special to me because my great great great great, going back ages, grandfather lived there and worked hard, and conceived my first family members. Unfortunately due to certain circumstances, my grandfathers couldn't live there anymore, in short they were evicted.

Now while this has happened you found the house, and raised generations of your family inside of it, growing attached to the lands, and keeping it kept up.

Now because of the fact that many of my family members died, this governing body decides, without your input, that the house belongs to me. However, because you live there I'm gracious enough to let you use the bathroom and the backyard. However, there are certain places where you aren't allowed to go, like the bedroom, the kitchen, and any other room. However, you're free to use the bathroom and backyard as you wish.

Also, none of your next door neighbors actually want me around because we haven't gotten along, and constantly fight and argue.

Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"

User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: =/

Post by Dretlin »

In the short term, Israelis operations will most likely work. Of course, in the long term it will not.

And yes Athos is correct. I can not see any UN reaction wavering Israeli attitude/actions. Another thing I have noticed is, UK reporting is very Palestine sympathetic, were as US reporting is quite Israeli supportive. While this is not by any means a generalization, it is a subtlety that should be noted. If not brutally obvious.

No side is this is right. Israel and Palestine will be next to each other forever. Once both sides realize this, a resolution might be able to be reached. However the complexity of it is a nuisance.
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:I guarantee if Hamas launched rockets at Japanese civilians we'd bomb the living [censored] out of them.
Which would add to the, already great loss, of innocent lives.

User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female
Location: In sheep's clothing.
Contact:

Re: =/

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:The places get fired on because Hamas uses them as human shields.
That's not true. In the recent attack the UN officials knew that it was only refuges in the compound, they knew and they repeated called Israeli officials to call off the attack, which they didn't ..
Aoi Sakuraba wrote: And as for why they are hated, I can't believe you would side with the ass holes who want the genocide of an entire country. They have been attacking Israel from the first day it became a country!!!! Every Country in the region has attacked the tiny country of Israel for the purpose of eradicating every Israeli.
They want their land back! They're refuges from being refuges now! Is it their fault that like 2 guys thought it would be a good idea to dump a bunch of people into a land that's already a bit chaotic?
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:Israelis live in fear their entire lives!!!! And the UN cease fire to bring in aid........yea Hamas used that time to fire more rockets at Israeli civilians!!!!! So if you want to point out the bad guys I say [censored] melt gaza down to beaded glass!!!!!
Maybe if their foreign policy wasn't "Have better weapons than everyone else, and use them", a better time would be had by all.
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:You know it makes me wonder......why is it that you blame Israel, when they were the ones who got attacked? You wouldn't say a damn thing if it was any other country over there that got attacked by Hamas, GG. Why is it that everyone seems to want to kill them? All they want to do is live in peace yet no one in that region will let that happen!!
They're going to have to address their part of the greater issue before any peace can happen.
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:Countries in the middle east that attack Israel are no better than the Nazis of WW2, they are all attempting genocide of an entire country. I guarantee if Hamas launched rockets at Japanese civilians we'd bomb the living [censored] out of them.
Only difference is they you know ... don't have anywhere to live. And you know ... had their land taken. And you know, got the royal shaft in the grand scheme of things.
I understand that they got their 'homeland' back because of the Holocaust, but does it seem like that whole thing worked out? No. In the end that just [censored] everyone over.
You do know that a large majority of the UN has condemned Israel's actions as of late. Just thought I'd point that out.

The Joker wrote: well considering the unfair treatment of the Palestinians, and the fact that they had their lands taken from them by force when they had live there for ages, I'm not surprised that they're angry. You want to know what the situation is like?

I walk into your house with a document from a group of people from all over the country, all of whom declare they have power in your jurisdiction without any justification as to why that's real. Basically a large number of my family members got killed off, and I claim that the house that you live in is very special to me because my great great great great, going back ages, grandfather lived there and worked hard, and conceived my first family members. Unfortunately due to certain circumstances, my grandfathers couldn't live there anymore, in short they were evicted.

Now while this has happened you found the house, and raised generations of your family inside of it, growing attached to the lands, and keeping it kept up.

Now because of the fact that many of my family members died, this governing body decides, without your input, that the house belongs to me. However, because you live there I'm gracious enough to let you use the bathroom and the backyard. However, there are certain places where you aren't allowed to go, like the bedroom, the kitchen, and any other room. However, you're free to use the bathroom and backyard as you wish.

Also, none of your next door neighbors actually want me around because we haven't gotten along, and constantly fight and argue.

^ Yeah, right there. That metaphor rocked my hypothetical socks.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3

User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female
Location: In sheep's clothing.
Contact:

Re: =/

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Athos wrote:The funny thing is, why does the U.N. need to get their nose in this business? It doesn't concern them, nor is it a forum for international law. Not to mention, other countries tend to ignore the U.N--China and the United States--to just name a few. Not to mention, I don't believe that international law is applicable to this area.
They're there because it's part of their duty to provide aid to refuges and such. Though everyone does pretty much ignore them.

EDIT: Learn to type, I should
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3

MetalMaster2004
Newbie Otaku
Posts: 17
Joined: Apr 17, 2008 10:04am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: =/

Post by MetalMaster2004 »

Here's how it is. Regardless of the situation Israel shouldn't be attacked because it was their land originally. What does a Nerd do when a bully picks on them too much? They get even that's what. The UN and the US have no reason of getting in this conflict. This is something that will never end. That area of the world has always been in war since the dawn of man and when mankind's end happens they will still be fighting. If you truly wanted it to end you'd have to nuke that side of the world. They may use their better weapons and use them a lot but every other country is guilty of the same thing and if you say they aren't I'm calling bs. Each country in this world is just as filthy as one human. they all lie, they all cheat, they all steal, they all are supplying drugs to dealers to keep money flowing and paying for war fares, they are all sleeping around on their wives. They're all guilty.
What do you call a person without character, without integrity, without loyalty, without respect.....I call that person a pathetic waste of my time.

User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female
Location: In sheep's clothing.
Contact:

Re: =/

Post by Gaming Goddess »

MetalMaster2004 wrote:Here's how it is. Regardless of the situation Israel shouldn't be attacked because it was their land originally.
They left of their own choosing, really. The land wasn't treating them well enough so they moved North. It doesn't mean that they have any real claim on it.

I do agree with the rest though.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3

Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1839
Joined: Jan 22, 2005 1:29am
Location: Down-under.

Re: =/

Post by Raoul Duke »

Athos wrote:The funny thing is, why does the U.N. need to get their nose in this business? It doesn't concern them, nor is it a forum for international law. Not to mention, other countries tend to ignore the U.N--China and the United States--to just name a few. Not to mention, I don't believe that international law is applicable to this area.
How hilarious, Athos. It really is "funny", isn't it. How dare they attempt to address a HUGE humanitarian concern and mitigate war-crimes by providing aid. What self-righteous b******s! Yes, it's funny that their aid trucks were blown up. Truly, you're exceptionally myopic. Aside from that immorality, you've just raised a series of irrelevant points as to the ineffectuality of the UN, and an imperfect reading of international relations as a whole.


Aoi Sakuraba, your ignorance truly offends me. The main issue is that in the forced creation of Israel a s******d of Palestinians were displaced, you know? Made homeless. But that is not the current people of Israel's fault. Certainly no one needs to be killed or harmed over it. But! Right now: Israel is committing war-crimes, and grievous crimes against humanity. And Hamas is committing war-crimes, and grievous crimes against humanity.

Many changes need to take place so that the people can coexist. One of the first ones, is the absolute amending of the Israeli constitution so that it recognises all people. As people. Israel is an inherently racist country, that recognises Israel as "the promised land", for Jews and Jews alone.
Last edited by Dretlin on Jan 17, 2009 5:25am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: One or two unneeded words.

josh :)
Uber Otaku
Posts: 740
Joined: Aug 26, 2006 12:38am
Gender: Male
Location: aus

Re: =/

Post by josh :) »

[censored] jew rats
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)

Snowy
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 311
Joined: Jun 24, 2008 5:49pm
Gender: Female
Location: Switzerland

Re: =/

Post by Snowy »

I cannot save you, I cant even save myself.

Mik3
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 593
Joined: Nov 08, 2006 6:12am
Gender: Male
Location: Philly
Contact:

Re: =/

Post by Mik3 »

Athos wrote:The funny thing is, why does the U.N. need to get their nose in this business? It doesn't concern them, nor is it a forum for international law. Not to mention, other countries tend to ignore the U.N--China and the United States--to just name a few. Not to mention, I don't believe that international law is applicable to this area.
Exactly what I was thinking
I remembered my password.

Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1839
Joined: Jan 22, 2005 1:29am
Location: Down-under.

Re: =/

Post by Raoul Duke »

Mik3 wrote:
Athos wrote:The funny thing is, why does the U.N. need to get their nose in this business? It doesn't concern them, nor is it a forum for international law. Not to mention, other countries tend to ignore the U.N--China and the United States--to just name a few. Not to mention, I don't believe that international law is applicable to this area.
Exactly what I was thinking
First of all, you weren't thinking. You're just echoing an ill-informed sentiment. But I'll tell you why anyway. Because aid workers are moral people. That's why. Why does the fact that they were doing aid work make it incredulous that decent people are appalled when they are bombed?

Reasons why aid-work is needed: innocent people are dying, and in desperate need of basic amenities, as well as medical services. The UN is doing aid work in ISRAEL, providing the logistics needed to help the people there, as well as in Palestine. Not even Israel is scoffing at their presence. They're welcomed. Any moral people, including Israel's government [though they have obvious moral deficiencies], understand the need for aid workers and support in such times. Honestly, you're both so ignorant.

josh :)
Uber Otaku
Posts: 740
Joined: Aug 26, 2006 12:38am
Gender: Male
Location: aus

Re: =/

Post by josh :) »

Raoul Duke wrote:
Mik3 wrote:
Athos wrote:The funny thing is, why does the U.N. need to get their nose in this business? It doesn't concern them, nor is it a forum for international law. Not to mention, other countries tend to ignore the U.N--China and the United States--to just name a few. Not to mention, I don't believe that international law is applicable to this area.
Exactly what I was thinking
First of all, you weren't thinking. You're just echoing an ill-informed sentiment. But I'll tell you why anyway. Because aid workers are moral people. That's why. Why does the fact that they were doing aid work make it incredulous that decent people are appalled when they are bombed?

Reasons why aid-work is needed: innocent people are dying, and in desperate need of basic amenities, as well as medical services. The UN is doing aid work in ISRAEL, providing the logistics needed to help the people there, as well as in Palestine. Not even Israel is scoffing at their presence. They're welcomed. Any moral people, including Israel's government [though they have obvious moral deficiencies], understand the need for aid workers and support in such times. Honestly, you're both so ignorant.
Let's hope that knocks some sense into them and they put more thought into what they have to say in the future.
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)

Post Reply