Methane on Mars

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Methane on Mars

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Recently scientists have discovered methane being emitted on the surface on Mars. I find this to be very interesting because methane is usually produced by biological life.

There are 2 options to explain the emitting of methane on mars:

1) Microbial biological life
2) Geological activity such as volcanoes

Before this discovery Mars was thought to be completely dead and its once molten core to have solidified. Obviously this contradicts that Mars is dead, if its geological activity then it proves Mars has a molten core and is still alive. If it's microbial life then, it answers the question of "is earth the only life baring planet in the universe"

What do you guys think??
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.

Pennyroyal Tea

Re: Methane on Mars

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I think that you need to get laid.

Just kidding, that's terrible.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"

Raoul Duke
Absolute Otaku

Post by Raoul Duke »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:Recently scientists have discovered methane being emitted on the surface on Mars. I find this to be very interesting because methane is usually produced by biological life.

There are 2 options to explain the emitting of methane on mars:

1) Microbial biological life
2) Geological activity such as volcanoes

Before this discovery Mars was thought to be completely dead and its once molten core to have solidified. Obviously this contradicts that Mars is dead, if its geological activity then it proves Mars has a molten core and is still alive. If it's microbial life then, it answers the question of "is earth the only life baring planet in the universe"

What do you guys think??
At the risk of not really saying anything that adds to this all that well, I basically just think, "Cool!", because it is really cool. Thanks for posting it. If you happen to keep track of what's going on, please update this. :)

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Yea just the idea of them possibly finding life on mars is awesome. Even if it's just bacteria it proves there is other life in the universe. I can't wait till they find out whats causing the methane
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.

josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

Mars is a barren wasteland riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand cows farting could methane be emitted from it's surface, it is folly.
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)

Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

josh wrote:Mars is a barren wasteland riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand cows farting could methane be emitted from it's surface, it is folly.
Have you heard nothing Aoi has said? Mars must be destroyed!

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

josh wrote:Mars is a barren wasteland riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand cows farting could methane be emitted from it's surface, it is folly.
There are no fire on mars, fire requires oxygen, and mars atmosphere is CO2 (carbon dioxide)

Besides it has already been proven that there was liquid water on mars for millions of years, there is a certain kind of fossil that only forms in places that have alot of water for an extended period of time, and Mars has them. Another thing is mars surface isn't actually dust, it's rusted iron.

And mars atmosphere of CO2, while it is poisonous to humans may not be poisonous to anaerobic organisms. (organisms that do not use oxygen to live)

And there are water drainage ruts on mars that are no more than a couple weeks old so there is still some liquid water under the surface of the planet. And the methane on mars is coming from around the equator (the warmest part of the planet) and mars equator gets up to 9-10 degrees Celsius. Which is more than warm enough to support life, even life here on earth survives in below 0 temperatures all year round.

Haoie
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Haoie »

Clear the answer is this.

Ancient Martians ate a lot of beans.
"Turn on your shine and hold me near"

josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
And I suppose you're the one to do it?!
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)

Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

josh wrote:
And if we fail, what then!? What happens when Mars takes back what is its!?

Boxcar Bob
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Boxcar Bob »

josh wrote:
And if we fail, what then!? What happens when Mars takes back what is its!?
Oh God, it's going to be just like Mars Attacks!
Demyx wrote:I can wrestle and pin a girl who's twice my size. I have nothing to be ashamed of at all.

SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

<,< Or Zain Attacks, On topic plz peeps.

I know one thing for sure, If theres life found on Mars, Theology will have to crap itself, trying to understand easily enough how it happened.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Found anything out yet, Aoi?
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Iris wrote: Found anything out yet, Aoi?
Well I haven't heard anything new as of lately, and I don't think I will anytime soon.

To explain what I mean:

There was supposed to be a joint manned mission to mars scheduled to start in 2012. The joint mission was supposed to be comprised of USA (Nasa), Russia (Rfsa), Japan (Jaxa), and Europe (ESA). But with the current state of the worlds economy and current strains between nations the project has been effectively put of hold until further notice. And we all know that means a really long time.

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

REALLLY long time.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.