should best friends date?

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
Athos

Re: should best friends date?

Post by Athos »

Hm...We just have summer all year round...I almost find it hard to believe that water actually falls from the sky.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Athos wrote:Hm...We just have summer all year round...I almost find it hard to believe that water actually falls from the sky.
Hahahaha...one of the few reasons I love living in the sticks is that during the summer rain weather comes 55% of the time (thank god). However it rains more during the winter (I love winter) thanks to global warming messing up the weather a little here, but this year snow fell more than usual for the first time since global warming's effects became noticable.

Anyway about this topic...I see nothing wrong with best friends dating if you come to love each other that way then good for you if you think it'll work out, but most seem to be neutral about it or think it's a no no for some reason like the cliche line "But he/she is my best friend!" when it comes to such matters.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
fleurish
Absolute Otaku

Post by fleurish »

I find that after a little while of dating
The person pretty much becomes your best friend anyways
So theres not much difference to me.
Hi, I'm Serena
and I used to love this place
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

D o l l f a c e wrote:I find that after a little while of dating
Holy [censored] you're alive.
and on AA.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
fleurish
Absolute Otaku

Post by fleurish »

SASSZAIN wrote:
D o l l f a c e wrote:I find that after a little while of dating
Holy [censored] you're alive.
and on AA.
Yeah, I know
Shut up xD
Hi, I'm Serena
and I used to love this place
absoluteIMPOSSIBLE
Baka Otaku

Post by absoluteIMPOSSIBLE »

therealhokagequeen wrote:okay now i have this friend and he's really cool (and cute). we're really close and he makes me laugh all the time doing the craziest things. recently though his cousin told me that he liked me more than a friend. i was shocked and kinda flattered. at one point and time i liked him in the same way too. still do.sorta.

so we started to date. first we had some difficulties (i'm a black girl and he's white; most of the school's pop. is black; too used to being friends; etc.) but we got over it and started to have fun.we had an awkward kiss (i didn't kiss him back even though i wanted to.) which led to more awkward moments. but still it was great.

then one day i came to school and it was very early. he looked very sad and kinda stressed and i asked what was wrong. he said it was nothing until he finally said "we should be friends again." first i was fine with it. i told him okay and went back to talking to his cousin (yeah kinda cold). he kept saying he felt terrible and hated himself. i told him not to worry about it. but when we went our seperate ways and i was alone, i started to cry.

i don't know why because i wasn't sad in the least or angry. it just came outta no where. i felt sad all day but for no reason. i didn't go to school the next day and he didn't go to school the rest of the week.

i don't think we can be friends again without some problems. i truly and deeply believe that if you have a best friend you should keep it like that so you don't go through all that. this could've been a lot worse (i am known for my huge temper).

so what do you think?
(ps i know this is long.sorry.)
Well, there's always a reason why we do what we do, but we don't really explain those reasons because we don't want to make a big deal out of it. Your guy-friend must have some crap he realized all of a sudden. If not, someone made him realized something he felt like he should have. It could be something he's trying to get rid of but he can't have you with him or else his feelings might be mixed up. Or maybe...it's you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make it sound like it's your fault.

One thing I know for sure that made you upset is...you don't know what his reasons are as to why he made the decision he's made. And because he doesn't want to share it, it gets you curious and desperate to know why he's stressing over something he doesn't want to express. His sadness is yours; you made it that way. Since you guys went back to being friends, I suggest you offer your attention, your ears and hope he tells you. When you're alone, crying to yourself, you could be using that time to ask him what's wrong. It's not easy to open up since the people you trust is limited...so let him know you're someone he can trust. :)
You think they don't understand...that they don't WANT to understand... I think so too.