Evolution vs Creationism

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
Post Reply
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Evolution vs Creationism

Post by Dretlin »

Does anyone have an interesting opinion?

While originally I was planning on not discussing my own knowledge about this subject in the first post, I feel I should at least make my stance known, if I expect others to do the same.

I am NOT a creationist in ANY form. The most credit I am I willing to give this idea is to call it the theory of Intelligent Design.

Yet, I am hardly a Darwinist either. I am however in complete support of proving evolution. Of course I have seen on other sites, users using the argument of lack of complete knowledge on evolution as a fundamental truth that creationism is real.

An argument that holds not only no weight and if you were to apply the same structure to all your debating, you be left feeling a fool many times over.

Does AA have an opinion?

User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female
Location: Yelling at idiot foreigners

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

While I am somewhat religious I am not fully in the tank of being created by a god. The way I look at it is, and this phrase can be used for both theories......."the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"

Neither theory can be proved 100% no matter what happens
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.

User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female
Location: In sheep's clothing.
Contact:

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Evolution, because I haven't been given any other reasonable theories. Reasonable being the key word there.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3

User avatar
Apostrophe
Master Otaku
Posts: 55
Joined: Aug 24, 2005 1:37am
Gender: Male

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post by Apostrophe »

The missing link has been found.
Evolution: 1
god: 0

/thread.
I love you, Serina!
AA's dumbass quote of the millennium:
[Apo,] 3:50 am: The best music ever made was done under the influence of LSD
[black_haruxrin] 3:50 am: who??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Nyx
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1996
Joined: Dec 21, 2006 2:16pm
Gender: Female
Location: Searching for myself. BRB

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post by Nyx »

Nyx'sDaddy wrote:I believe in creationism and evolution. Like, there are other worlds out there that have intelligent life-forms. God just put some snot on some petri dishes we just happened to come from that.
=D
AA Sibs: Coin-Boy, Casual, Biki, Tyche
AA Hubbies: EL, Kura, AOH I wuv my hubbies. All 3 of them. <3
AA X-mas Pressy: Cloud AA Luv: Cold
AA Child: Dogboy, Pervert. AA Grandchild: Master InuYasha
That'll do fangirl, that'll do.

User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post by Dretlin »

Apostrophe wrote:The missing link has been found.
Evolution: 1
god: 0

/thread.
I heard about that also, but I would rather wait until the study is conclusive. As right now that seems a bit presumptions.

I personaly do not believe in a god. As mankinds knowledge marchs on, their is less and less that can be contributed to this theory. I do however find typical Evolutionist and Creationist debates turn into reasonless brawls.

Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Oh please, reasonless brawls are the best kind.

Anyway, I'm not really into either. I guess what I mean to say is I don't really care. I mean if God does exist, then I disagree with his methods entirely, and if he doesn't, and I evolved from a chimp, yay me, but that doesn't really do anything.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"

Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku
Posts: 581
Joined: Apr 04, 2005 8:07pm
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

I'm kind of in the middle here I believe in the Christian God, however I believe that god is actually not as what the bible says he/it is. Instead I'm leaning towards "intelligent creation", a god who has no need for something as human as worship and reason for our creation, is a 1 in a million chance (like shuffled a deck of cards and on pure luck of the draw we were pulled from the deck) or that this god's reason for creating us is a reason that only he could understand.

Also sorry for going some what off topic, but since we're talking about gods and reiligion, did anyone hear of the theroy that the religious gods were actually aliens that visited earth centuries ago and helpped us evolve? If so "What is your opinion on this?" Mine is that it's a as intersting and amazing that sounds, it also feels as sort of a insult towards all of humanities intellectual evolution.

Also Joker I do agree some verbal brawls are amuseing sometimes.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.

josh :)
Uber Otaku
Posts: 740
Joined: Aug 26, 2006 12:38am
Gender: Male
Location: aus

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post by josh :) »

Creationism lacks merit and the whole idea blows

Evolutionism is a good theory and is quite plausible!
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)

User avatar
wobblebreak
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 148
Joined: Apr 16, 2008 9:34pm
Gender: Female
Location: Planet...Earth
Contact:

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post by wobblebreak »

Darwin himself withdraw his Evolution theory and believe in God ..
I like people like you who like others like me and make others like me to like others like you :)

User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female
Location: In sheep's clothing.
Contact:

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post by Gaming Goddess »

wobblebreak wrote:Darwin himself withdrew his Evolution theory and believed in God ..
People will respect you more if you can say it without making horrible grammar mistakes.
English [censored], do you speak it?
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3

User avatar
wobblebreak
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 148
Joined: Apr 16, 2008 9:34pm
Gender: Female
Location: Planet...Earth
Contact:

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post by wobblebreak »

Gaming Goddess wrote:
wobblebreak wrote:Darwin himself withdrew his Evolution theory and believed in God ..
People will respect you more if you can say it without making horrible grammar mistakes.
English [censored], do you speak it?

No, I really don't speak the language... :P
what's wrong with my grammar?
I like people like you who like others like me and make others like me to like others like you :)

User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female
Location: In sheep's clothing.
Contact:

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post by Gaming Goddess »

wobblebreak wrote:
Gaming Goddess wrote:
wobblebreak wrote:Darwin himself withdrew his Evolution theory and believed in God ..
People will respect you more if you can say it without making horrible grammar mistakes.
English [censored], do you speak it?

No, I really don't speak the language... :P
what's wrong with my grammar?
Compare my corrections to your original post. You'll see I conjugated the verbs, because apparently the past tense doesn't exist in your head.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3

User avatar
wobblebreak
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 148
Joined: Apr 16, 2008 9:34pm
Gender: Female
Location: Planet...Earth
Contact:

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post by wobblebreak »

Gaming Goddess wrote:
wobblebreak wrote:
Gaming Goddess wrote:
wobblebreak wrote:Darwin himself withdrew his Evolution theory and believed in God ..
People will respect you more if you can say it without making horrible grammar mistakes.
English [censored], do you speak it?

No, I really don't speak the language... :P
what's wrong with my grammar?
Compare my corrections to your original post. You'll see I conjugated the verbs, because apparently the past tense doesn't exist in your head.

Yeah,.. thanks..

whatsoever.. blah.blah.. :P

Post Reply