Any Gun owners here?

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Any Gun owners here?

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Are there any gun owners on this board? I started shooting maybe 3 years ago, and honestly nothing is more enjoyable than hitting the range. I've already got a few weapons at the moment, though I'm thinking about dabbling in black powder guns. I'd love to have a reproduction Flintlock, or a percussion cap revolver.

I don't want to discuss Gun violence, control, politics or moral imperatives here. All of what I have was legally purchased and so far, have never murdered anything other than paper targets (Except for the Mosin Nagant, which may have killed a few Nazis here and there in WWII, but that doesn't count since everyone hates Nazis)

I just want to discuss fun times with firearms. :D

What I've got:
9x18mm Baikal Makarov Automatic Pistol
.22 Magnum Smith and Wesson 51 Revolver (given to me by my Father)
.357 Magnum Ruger SP101 Revolver
20 Gauge Mossberg 500A Shotgun
7.62x54Rmm Mosin Nagant 91/30 Rifle
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Re: Any Gun owners here?

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Yea I don't have any guns. Guns here are pretty much prohibited, only exception is a rifle for sportsmen, and even then its extremely hard to actually get a permit to own a gun. hand guns are illegal to citizens period no exceptions.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Sanger Zomvolt wrote: I just want to discuss fun times with firearms. :D
Please do not give me argumentative ammo.

Though this thread is clearly a joke.
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Sanger Zomvolt wrote: I just want to discuss fun times with firearms. :D
Please do not give me argumentative ammo.

Though this thread is clearly a joke.
How so may I ask? My intent was not offend or hurt anyone, nor was it to discuss gun violence, which while it does exist, mostly committed by stolen or unlicensed weapons, has nothing to do with this topic. I did not intend to cause an argument intended for this to be a serious question. You don't believe it's possible to have fun while target or skeet shooting? Because that's all that I do with my firearms. My intention was to reach out to other gun enthusiasts on this board. It's a hobby for me, just like anime and videogames, as it is with many of my friends in real life and on other forums.

I've brought a good number of my friends who have never touched a weapon in their life to the range, and for the most part, they've enjoyed it unanimously. It is difficult to understand this concept of guns being fun until you have actually fired a gun. one of my good friends is from Saudi Arabia, where weapons are for the most part, prohibited to common citizens. After bringing him shooting, he wants a rifle of his own to go target shooting.

Do not confuse me with criminals who steal weapons to commit crimes. Law abiding gun enthusiasts are among the least likely to commit crimes, simply because if any law is broken, we run the risk of losing our firearm owning rights. I've undergone background checks multiple times and I haven't failed one yet. I used to live in the Philippines, and while weapons were commonplace, owning a legal weapon is quite difficult and complicated, needing registration and annual fees. On the otherhand, most Filipino criminals were armed with illegally obtained fully automatic weapons. All the difficulties of legally obtaining weapons failed in preventing these lowlifes from arming themselves. The bottom line is, criminals don't care, they don't need to get them legally.

And now we've moved into territory where I didn't want this to go to. I was hoping to discuss firearms and shooting organizations like IPSC and CAS with other gun owners. I suppose this won't happen, as I am apparently the only gun owner on this board.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I actually don't think you are.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

I couldn't care less about debating this.
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

The Joker wrote:I actually don't think you are.
I apologize since I'm not entirely sure what portion of my quote you are replying to. Might I get some clarification as to what you are referring to? If it is to the portion about me being the only owner, then yes, I would hope that I wouldn't be the only one, because I would very much enjoy a conversation with another enthusiast.
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:I couldn't care less about debating this.
While a bit disappointing, I must remind you that you need not debate since you have nothing to add to the topic of this thread; again, I emphasize that this topic was primarily meant to reach out to other legal firearms owners. You obviously disapprove of this topic, which I can understand, since not everyone can reconcile the idea that an activity capable of causing harm in irresponsible hands can also be a fun activity. If I recall correctly, even British Olympic shooters are not exempt from this disapproval, needing to travel to other nations to train, simply because their sport is banned in their home country. However, I am disappointed in that I was under the impression that moderators are typically meant to be impartial in mediating forums.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Sanger Zomvolt wrote:However, I am disappointed in that I was under the impression that moderators are typically meant to be impartial in mediating forums.
I am not impartial. I have an opinion. We are all equal - I am more like a bin man in these forums as most users follow the rules.

And I have not given any opinion on the content this thread as of yet and do not plan to do so.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Sanger Zomvolt wrote:
The Joker wrote:I actually don't think you are.
I apologize since I'm not entirely sure what portion of my quote you are replying to. Might I get some clarification as to what you are referring to? If it is to the portion about me being the only owner, then yes, I would hope that I wouldn't be the only one, because I would very much enjoy a conversation with another enthusiast.
Not the only gun owner. Though this is the internet, considering the fact that most people who use it are younger, a majority are going to be pretty liberal, especially the non-american members. You gotta consider the fact that America is probably the most conservative democratic industrial country in the world.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

if we had some swiss on the boards ages like 20 - 30/34 guaranteed they'd have guns because its a law in Switzerland that every able body male ages like 20 - 30/34 (Edited for Correct Ages) keep a military issue assault rifle in their homes.
Last edited by Aoi Sakuraba on Dec 06, 2009 8:49pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I doubt it.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

The Joker wrote:I doubt it.
why don't you look it up before commenting?

The Swiss army has long been a militia trained and structured to rapidly respond against foreign aggression. Swiss males grow up expecting to undergo basic military training, usually at age 20 in the Rekrutenschule, the initial boot camp, after which Swiss men remain part of the "militia" in reserve capacity until age 30 (age 34 for officers). Each such individual is required to keep his army-issued personal weapon (the 5.56x45mm Sig 550 rifle for enlisted personnel or the SIG 510 rifle and/or the 9mm SIG-Sauer P220 semi-automatic pistol for officers, medical and postal personnel) at home with a specified personal retention quantity of government-issued personal ammunition.

When their period of service has ended, militiamen have the choice of keeping their personal weapon and other selected items of their equipment. In this case of retention, the rifle is sent to the weapons factory where the fully automatic function is removed; the rifle is then returned to the discharged owner. The rifle is then a semi-automatic or self-loading rifle.

The Swiss government also sponsors training with rifles for interested adolescents, both male and female.
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:
The Joker wrote:I doubt it.
why don't you look it up before commenting?

The Swiss army has long been a militia trained and structured to rapidly respond against foreign aggression. Swiss males grow up expecting to undergo basic military training, usually at age 20 in the Rekrutenschule, the initial boot camp, after which Swiss men remain part of the "militia" in reserve capacity until age 30 (age 34 for officers). Each such individual is required to keep his army-issued personal weapon (the 5.56x45mm Sig 550 rifle for enlisted personnel or the SIG 510 rifle and/or the 9mm SIG-Sauer P220 semi-automatic pistol for officers, medical and postal personnel) at home with a specified personal retention quantity of government-issued personal ammunition.

When their period of service has ended, militiamen have the choice of keeping their personal weapon and other selected items of their equipment. In this case of retention, the rifle is sent to the weapons factory where the fully automatic function is removed; the rifle is then returned to the discharged owner. The rifle is then a semi-automatic or self-loading rifle.

The Swiss government also sponsors training with rifles for interested adolescents, both male and female.
Because you posted something in a misleading way.

link This is purely a defensive measure, having nothing to do with you know, actually caring about using guns.

In fact, if they even open the tin that their bullets are in, they're thrown in jail.
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Guns freak me out. :pale:
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Sasami Jurai wrote:Guns freak me out. :pale:
Guns don't kill people.
People kill people.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.