Who do we really know?

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Who do we really know?

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Today, I had a good friend tell me what happened 4 years ago.

Her boyfriend (whom I was friends with as well) raped her. I think she implied it happened more than once too...

4 years ago, we were tight, she never told me. And her boyfriend, while quick to anger, didn't seem like he'd hurt her. I just don't know what to believe right now. What do I really know about anyone?

Should I have guessed he was the type? Could I have? Looking back it does make sense... Why didn't I put it together?

We assume we know people... We don't.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Dretlin

Re: Who do we really know?

Post by Dretlin »

It seems your feelings, are close, to sharing the blame for the actions of a human pig.

It is true, what you see, is most likely not the entire person. And you can never blame yourself, for how well someone can hide they're true motives or actions.

What motivates your sincerity is important and it is clear to see in your post, your honest, caring and passionate sincerity - shines through.
Athos

Post by Athos »

I maintain that we know very few things, but for the most part, we know nothing.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

perception is a powerful thing. we see what we want to see, when we want to see it. Then when we are forced to see something we don't want to see, we see nothing.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

I hope our little chat in chat helped some
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

*hugs GG*

You're right though..we dont really know anyone, and when we do we see the ugly truth about them.

I've witness this quite a few times in the closest of my friendships.

You can't blame yourself about what you did or didnt know...the guilt game is never fun.
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
.:Aki-Kun:.
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Post by .:Aki-Kun:. »

Sweetie this is a simple answer...when we assume that we are in love with a guy common sense doesn't kick in cuz, we are blinded with love....so don't blame yourself not seeing it cuz, most girls just put their thoguhts and just beat themselves up for something that they can't help

things happen for a reason and sometimes it is for the good or the bad reason at times .... the time it happen we don't know why it happens but, long in the future we figure things out

so don't beat yourself up for something you couldn't never have stop even if you stop the watch and go back .... things happen and mostly for the good.
I found a good site to rp, games, movies, and etc. things that u can imagine talking about please join the site and get this site active again...

http://templeshoebox.proboards19.com/in ... w=1&id=720
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

We know the candyman. Because no matter what, we know the candy man can.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

^LAWL fail
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Pennyroyal Tea wrote:We know the candyman. Because no matter what, we know the candy man can.
Seriously..?

Grow up.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Damn wrote:
Pennyroyal Tea wrote:We know the candyman. Because no matter what, we know the candy man can.
Seriously..?

Grow up.
Of course not.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
fleurish
Absolute Otaku

Post by fleurish »

4 years ago, you were 15.
Our brains were still developing
You might not have been able to piece it all together then unless it was like right in your face
Revy the two hands
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Revy the two hands »

Most people are not who they say they are, especially in terms of being in love.
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

It's hard to trust people. There are plenty of things I've never told anyone, and I don't ever plan to tell.
But things change.
She might have been traumatized by the incident, and too embarrassed to tell anyone. With something like that, though, it's probably a weight off of her chest now that she's told you. The best thing is to be there and listen.
Even if you did know about it, the whole situation is still a mess.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."