Self-Confidence

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
The Brown-Eyed Boy
Absolute Otaku

Self-Confidence

Post by The Brown-Eyed Boy »

For those of you that dont have any, what do you do to cover it up?

I act like a crazy moron and scream things like "I'm a Fairy Princess"

I would also like to know how some of you cope and what you do to get self confidence?
Name: Tucker
Zero says: Everything is FAAABULOUS!!!!!
Athos

Re: Self-Confidence

Post by Athos »

I suggest you read here

When I'm not confident I get shy/bashful or do retarded things. But the only way you'll become confident is to be confident. It's something I learned when I became a flight commander in high school.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
stormsangel
Absolute Otaku

Post by stormsangel »

When I'm lacking in self-confidence and I'm alone I tend to withdraw and not talk very much, but if I'm with friends I tend to go a little hyper (more than usual :heh: ).

As for what I did to gain some self-confidence, well, didn't really DO anything. To be completely cheesy, I have to say my friends helped a lot :) just having people accept me for me, quirks and all, did a lot, especially their acceptance of my temper/moodiness. Have to say those include the friends I've made here, don't think I'd be the same person otherwise. Love you guys! <3
*~I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I am not~*
*~Dare to dream, dare to fly, dare to be the ever chosen one to touch the sky~*

"You can't help it when you fall in love. That's just love, you know?" ~Hideki, Chobits
Mik3

Post by Mik3 »

You have to make yourself believe it first. Im borderline arrogant at times but people respond to someone whos assured of themselves.
I remembered my password.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Well once I know you, I don't really cover it up. But if I don't know you, I'm shy, and don't talk very much.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
The Brown-Eyed Boy
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Brown-Eyed Boy »

Well, I just sorta act crazy all the time, so its hard to tell when i'm covering up for my lack of self-confidence. And the fact that i dont think most people think that i'm trying to cover up...in fact most people think i have a ton of self confidence. Awesome pdf file Athos.

side note: im just curious what other people do......and I'm partially trying to get myself more self confidence.....partially though
Name: Tucker
Zero says: Everything is FAAABULOUS!!!!!
Tailtiu
Mobile Suit Otaku
Location: A dorm room usually; occasionally (read- when I have classes) the Nursing Bldg

Post by Tailtiu »

Fake it.
<3 life
.:Aki-Kun:.
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Post by .:Aki-Kun:. »

For me i do what i do best put many different mask. One for every group i go in to fit in that group. I also try to pretend something that i am not really like. Cuz, im so scared that people will find out who i am really like and they would hate me but, also im scared to be to popular at the same time. Yes, i know doesn't make no sense but, thats how i feel like.

I had no self-confidence with nothing i do cuz, i think everything i do is wrong or just make someone upset. Everything i do or say to someone im afraid to do it wrong...like every day i wake up i feel like im walking of eggshells.
I found a good site to rp, games, movies, and etc. things that u can imagine talking about please join the site and get this site active again...

http://templeshoebox.proboards19.com/in ... w=1&id=720
fleurish
Absolute Otaku

Post by fleurish »

I lost a considerable amount of weight awhile back and then boosted my confidence by about 80 percent, and even though I've gained alot of that weight back, I still have that confidence

Whats the worst thing people can do to me?
Hi, I'm Serena
and I used to love this place
bOi
Rookie Otaku

Post by bOi »

I put others down. ='(

ain't gon' H8 no mo' though. I CAN CHANGE. T.T
>_> >_< <_<
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

fleurish wrote:I lost a considerable amount of weight awhile back and then boosted my confidence by about 80 percent, and even though I've gained alot of that weight back, I still have that confidence

Whats the worst thing people can do to me?
Elect you president.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Shio
Master Otaku

Post by Shio »

I just dont put myself in situations where it would be obvious that I dont have any self-confidence. :|
Friends are for target practice.

I'm amazing. True story.
nadlemgarcia
Baka Otaku

Post by nadlemgarcia »

Aside from the physical appearance, self-confidence comes from the inner within. On the other hand, proper hygiene such as taking a bathe and brushing your teeth is another habit that would build up your self-confidence. :)