What do you think of homosexuality?

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
Dretlin

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Dretlin »

cheetahfear wrote:i did read it and i must dissagree
Without a compelling argument, it is more than likely, no one will be persuaded by you. Fortunately, you are yet to present one.
Kyo
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Kyo »

The Brown-Eyed Boy wrote:"It is not the only same-sex pairing within the animal world on the Otago Peninsula, just south of Dunedin. Currently, two male yellow-eyed penguins – an endangered species like the royal albatross– are incubating an egg."
LMAO! Penguins? [censored] penguins!? HA! Comparing human beings to a [censored] penguin! Well [censored] on my [censored] face I am officially blown away.
The Brown-Eyed Boy wrote:and way back when, a few hundred years ago(1700s), there was a saying, and i dont really know if this was brought up already, but ill say it anyways: Women are for childbearing and Men are for loving.
many of americas forefathers participated in homosexual acts, coined this phrase, and it was accepted across america....i dont know what changed, but there will always be gay people. You just gotta accept it.
That's funny. There was also a time when buying & selling slaves was accepted across america. Along with beating & killing them oh and let's not forget raping slave women. Hmm, I wonder why now people have a problem with it? What has changed? And there was also a time when it was okay for a 50 year old man to marry & have sex with a girl as young as the age of 9 (as long as she had already started her period, which can happen as early as 7, it was okay for a man to do so). Hmm, I wonder whatever happen with that? You're right, there will always be gay people. I just don't believe it's a biological occurrence.
"Split a piece of wood and I am there
Lift a stone & here you will find me"
Kyo
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Kyo »

Dretlin wrote:(on a side note, I to have never had a father in my life, and (shock!) I am not homosexual).
I never said EVERYONE has the same reaction to the same situation. Just because one person decides to cut themself because their lover broke-up with them doesn't mean the next person will do the same.
Dretlin wrote:The American Psychological Association said in 1975, '...homosexuality is neither a mental illness nor a moral depravity. It is the way a portion of the population expresses human love and sexuality.'
I don't remember saying that homosexuality is a mental illness. I believe it's the way some people react due to some sort of psychological experience. When I say "psychological" I don't mean, brain damage, or mental illness, or chemical imbalance (who the [censored] twisted my words into that anyway?)
Dretlin wrote:I am also unsure why you find a biological reason for homosexuality "ridiculous".
Because if there is a biological reason for homosexuality then there should be a biological reason for serial killers, pedophiles, rapist, thieves, people who [censored] animals, heterosexuals, prostitutes and so on and so forth. But, there is no biological reason for any of those.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Kyo wrote:I never said EVERYONE has the same reaction to the same situation. Just because one person decides to cut themself because their lover broke-up with them doesn't mean the next person will do the same.
I agree. You said nothing. You made no distinction between your stories and that of homosexuality as a whole. In fact you were clearly using these, as somehow, proof that all homosexuals conform to your narrow interpretation of homosexual behaviour - "I have yet to meet one gay guy or girl who didn't...And I've known countless..."

You used your own anecdotes (which no one can verify) which had a hand full of people involved, at best, who do not represent homosexuals.
Kyo wrote: I don't remember saying that homosexuality is a mental illness. I believe it's the way some people react due to some sort of psychological experience. When I say "psychological" I don't mean, brain damage, or mental illness, or chemical imbalance (who the [censored] twisted my words into that anyway?)
If you do not like the way I am treating the content (which you created) then I encourage you to type what you actually mean. As by "psychological dysfunction" you are indicating that these individuals are abnormal and have brains that are not functioning correctly. Therefore you consider these people to be ill or sick, just like anyone who has a body part that is failing in its duty and is leading to pain, stress or ill-functionality. Do you consider heterosexuality "normal"? Sexuality is a vast spectrum, no such normal is easy to conclude. Yet you seem all to eager to hint at they're being a normal and your all to keen to avoid stating what that is.

What exactly do you mean? All homosexuals are survivors of post-traumatic stress disorder due to them being sexually assaulted as children? As you pointed out yourself, your example can not be used with vast majority of individuals, so why treat it as such?
kyo wrote: Because if there is a biological reason for homosexuality then there should be a biological reason for serial killers, pedophiles, rapist, thieves, people who [censored] animals, heterosexuals, prostitutes and so on and so forth. But, there is no biological reason for any of those.
How is homosexuality related to any of those behaviours? Can you successfully link all these together? As these seem to be nothing but a red herring.

I am also quite stunned at some of your choices. Homosexuality is not a lifestyle that harms other people. However you choose to link it to, a minimum of, four activates that harm others greatly. Serial killers - who deprive others of their right to life. Paedophiles - who rob children of their innocence in the most revolting manner and thieves - who steal objects you hold dear and care little for alike. Your example of bestiality is also perplexing. How is having sex with an animal similar to homosexuality? Can you not see what you are comparing homosexuality to?

When a human is homosexual, do they commit any acts that equal those in harm, such as the poorly chosen examples you used?

You have much explaining to do.
cheetahfear
Full Metal Otaku

Post by cheetahfear »

That's funny. There was also a time when buying & selling slaves was accepted across america. Along with beating & killing them oh and let's not forget raping slave women. Hmm, I wonder why now people have a problem with it? What has changed? And there was also a time when it was okay for a 50 year old man to marry & have sex with a girl as young as the age of 9 (as long as she had already started her period, which can happen as early as 7, it was okay for a man to do so). Hmm, I wonder whatever happen with that? You're right, there will always be gay people. I just don't believe it's a biological occurrence.[/quote]

yah just wtf happened to the good old times now i have to pay my "workers" and go on "dates" with girls that are old enouff to "know" what there doing it really is a shame but at least i have money and can go to places where everything is still legal.
Kyo wrote:
I don't remember saying that homosexuality is a mental illness. I believe it's the way some people react due to some sort of psychological experience. When I say "psychological" I don't mean, brain damage, or mental illness, or chemical imbalance (who the [censored] twisted my words into that anyway?)
it was me
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even
bigger man to laugh at that man.
Kyo
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Kyo »

cheetahfear wrote:yah just wtf happened to the good old times now i have to pay my "workers" and go on "dates" with girls that are old enouff to "know" what there doing it really is a shame but at least i have money and can go to places where everything is still legal.
Exactly, man. Just what the hell is this world coming to? I swear I'm just going to be like Andrew Ryan and create my own lawless under water world. But I'd call it Wonderland and instead of there being Big Daddy's I'll have Chuck Norris, chyeah.
cheetahfear wrote:it was me
Well, then. You are no longer welcomed into Wonderland!
Kyo
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Kyo »

Dretlin wrote:How is homosexuality related to any of those behaviours? Can you successfully link all these together? As these seem to be nothing but a red herring.

I am also quite stunned at some of your choices. Homosexuality is not a lifestyle that harms other people. However you choose to link it to, a minimum of, four activates that harm others greatly. Serial killers - who deprive others of their right to life. Paedophiles - who rob children of their innocence in the most revolting manner and thieves - who steal objects you hold dear and care little for alike. Your example of bestiality is also perplexing. How is having sex with an animal similar to homosexuality? Can you not see what you are comparing homosexuality to?

When a human is homosexual, do they commit any acts that equal those in harm, such as the poorly chosen examples you used?

Does homosexuality really have to relate to any of them examples I named? C'mon, really? Well, homosexuality, like most of the examples I named, is something that can't be helped (for some, at least). An urge or craving that wants to be satisfied and most people don't even know why they feel that way. Serial Killers felt that urge, Rapist felt that urge & Pedophiles felt that urge, as well as homosexuals. Doesn't necessarily matter in which way the choose to "satisfy" that urge (killing people, raping people, [censored] little girls or [censored] the same sex) point is they all claim it's something they cannot help. Which is why I said that if there is a biological reason for homosexuality, there would be one for those as well.
Plipe
Rookie Otaku

Post by Plipe »

doesnt bother me the slightest.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Kyo wrote:
Dretlin wrote:How is homosexuality related to any of those behaviours? Can you successfully link all these together? As these seem to be nothing but a red herring.

Does homosexuality really have to relate to any of them examples I named? C'mon, really? Well, homosexuality, like most of the examples I named, is something that can't be helped (for some, at least). An urge or craving that wants to be satisfied and most people don't even know why they feel that way. Serial Killers felt that urge, Rapist felt that urge & Pedophiles felt that urge, as well as homosexuals. Doesn't necessarily matter in which way the choose to "satisfy" that urge (killing people, raping people, [censored] little girls or [censored] the same sex) point is they all claim it's something they cannot help. Which is why I said that if there is a biological reason for homosexuality, there would be one for those as well.
There is a biological reason for it. It's related to a gene. That's why you have serial killers like Ted Bundy who grew up in an average family, had a pretty good life, and still turned out to be a serial killer.

Homosexuality has nothing to do with psychology, because if it had, don't you think there would be some sort of widely approved study out there? In reality nobody knows why people are homosexual, but the generally approved theory, and what little evidence we have now is, its some sort of gene, maybe a mutation. Which is normal as genes mutate all the time from generation to generation. It's called evolution.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
cheetahfear
Full Metal Otaku

Post by cheetahfear »

Kyo wrote:
Well, then. You are no longer welcomed into Wonderland!
how can it be a wonderland if im not there.

i wish there were more nutjob lunitics out there then they can furiously masterbate with each other i may not know where im going with this but im sure all that semen will fuse with the seabodies and make tiny superintelegent super societies and then they will try and take over the world but they will not succed because they are small and i will [censored] in there little cage poluting there whole world killing them as i laugh because thats all gay will ever be able to hope for because i will [censored] on all their hopes and dreams ]:->
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even
bigger man to laugh at that man.
woodskat
Baka Otaku

Post by woodskat »

no offense to anyone everyone makes his own choices I just feel like it is something unnatural.
DarkSpring
Baka Otaku

Post by DarkSpring »

Don't think too much of it. Long as it doesn't interrupt with my way of life then I dont care
http://www.myanimesource.com - One HUGE Anime site!
MarJoh
Newbie Otaku

Post by MarJoh »

There is nothing with homosexuality. It is a preference. I do also think that we should just support and encourage one another. Spreading hates against homosexuals will not change anything. It is true that there are still a lot of countries not open to this topic but hope it will change soon.