What do you think of homosexuality?

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male
Location: U.S.

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Athos »

That first fact I do not dispute. My reason for citing said cases is to show how we have made sense of it.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Revy the two hands
Ramen Slurping Otaku
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 14, 2010 9:19pm

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Revy the two hands »

SASSZAIN wrote:you and a lot of people.


For the sake of American freedom, it is the rights of the homosexuals to be instituted in binds of marriage if they so choose it. Whether or not it is against God's rule means jack $#!+ honestly. Its not about what God wants. Its about freedom.

at least that is what America is SUPPOSED to stand for. The land of the free and the home of the brave.

I don't support gay marriage. However, I cannot oppose it.

As PT said, we cannot help how we are wired. by the age of 7 we have a 'love map' burned into our subconscious that shapes the way we see the people around us for the rest of our lives. That's not something we can control when we are only 7. Therefore, it is not something that should be held against someone when in regards to FREEDOM.

You as a Christan, or a believe of any faith, have only YOURSELF to think about when obeying the rules of your faith. You cannot control anyone Else's actions but your own, and it is wrong for you to attempt to limit the actions of another.




Last thing I will say to those of you who claim to be Christians.
Matthew 22:36-40 wrote:36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

this is what you should be living your life around. This is what you should be basing every decision you make around. These are the only two laws you ever need abide by.
In order to abide by them, you must first understand them. PM me if you care to learn more. It is only relevant here because you are claiming to be Christians here, and you are not following the second law, spoken by Jesus himself.


Have fun debating this one.
Who says I'm not following those commandments? I have love for everyone, I actually have many gay friends and even relatives. But I know that God created man and woman for each other as I quoted in Genesis 2:18-24. Just because I don't agree with homosexuality does not mean I reject those who are. I am merely explaining the laws we live by, or am I not entitled to free speech? Maybe you should also understand the bible before you start using it as a weapon against Christians who properly follow the teachings. Also, if you don't care what God wants then why quote his book? You can't just pick and choose whatever suits your argument.
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Dretlin »

Revy the two hands wrote:
Who says I'm not following those commandments? I have love for everyone, I actually have many gay friends and even relatives. But I know that God created man and woman for each other as I quoted in Genesis 2:18-24.
You do not "know", you believe.

Surely I do not need to stress the monumental difference.
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

There is no way you could argue against homosexual rights. If Homosexuals actually love each other, and I wholeheartedly believe they do, then with the percentage of homosexuals in the world, somewhere between 5 and 10% depending on who you ask, and how it has survived many thousands of years, existing in cultures who have had no way of contacting each other than I can't believe it is some aberration. Some people are made to be gay like some people are made to be straight.

We are not a Christian nation. We are a democratic Republic, we are supposed to support the rights of the people. I'm 100% positive that Jesus would support the marriage of two people who LOVE each other no matter what gender they are more than two people who hate each other just because they aren't the same gender. There is no reason why marriage between consenting adults should be illegal just because some people have a different definition of what marriage is. If you don't support gay marriage, don't have one, that is your right, but your right stops at preventing others from getting married. The pursuit of happiness is one of the fundamental blocks on which our country was founded upon.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Revy the two hands
Ramen Slurping Otaku
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 14, 2010 9:19pm

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Revy the two hands »

+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Revy the two hands wrote:
Who says I'm not following those commandments? I have love for everyone, I actually have many gay friends and even relatives. But I know that God created man and woman for each other as I quoted in Genesis 2:18-24.
You do not "know", you believe.

Surely I do not need to stress the monumental difference.
Well 'knowing' in regards to what the bible says, yes. That verse is pretty straight forward.
But if you want to get into semantics... then yes I"believe".
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Marriage is a religious institution. The Bible in no case refers to a successful homosexual couple. If a couple is to be married, it should be between a man and a woman.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Dretlin »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:Marriage is a religious institution. The Bible in no case refers to a successful homosexual couple. If a couple is to be married, it should be between a man and a woman.
You say marriage is religious, yet you then chose its conditions based on just one religion - Christianity. Marriage pre-dates Christianity.


The bible mentions very little on homosexuality, though what it does mention is utterly warped and morally archaic.
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Coming from a nonbeliever, that's not a valid argument against my own. Marriage does not pre-date Christianity, and since religion is, again, in a controversial topic, the best option is to agree to disagree.

The Bible has geological, biological, and astronomical evidence going for it, dating back to the very beginning. There are many copies from centuries ago that, unlike fictional stories, are surprisingly consistent. Nothing in there has been proven wrong, and many places referred to in it have been found. I stand with the Bible.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Dretlin »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote:Coming from a nonbeliever, that's not a valid argument against my own. Marriage does not pre-date Christianity, and since religion is, again, in a controversial topic, the best option is to agree to disagree.

The Bible has geological, biological, and astronomical evidence going for it, dating back to the very beginning. There are many copies from centuries ago that, unlike fictional stories, are surprisingly consistent. Nothing in there has been proven wrong, and many places referred to in it have been found. I stand with the Bible.
The bible is a source for nothing but remorseless bigotry and irrational beliefs. My point is valid, regardless of what I belief.

I want to stop this, I really like you and admire you Jade. I am also fully aware of how pleasant a human being you are. Nothing you believe would drive a wedge between that.

Please, I want you to have the last word if you wish.
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Prove me wrong about my beliefs. I'm not one to blindly follow anything, as you should know by now. I question everything said to me. I haven't found any reason to not believe in the Bible.

I respect your intelligence, and I think you're a great person. I love debating, and this won't put anything between us. Granted, we disagree on religion, but that difference has existed for as long as I have known you. We just never talked about it.

Back on topic: Zain asked me in PM where marriage was mentioned in the Bible. This article sums up marriage and Christianity far better than I could.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Dretlin »

Jade_Steel_Hawk wrote: I respect your intelligence, and I think you're a great person. I love debating, and this won't put anything between us. Granted, we disagree on religion, but that difference has existed for as long as I have known you. We just never talked about it.
We both love debating, maybe if we really fancy a good verbal melee, we can revisit this topic in the future. :-$
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

Sound like a plan. 8)
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female
Location: In sheep's clothing.
Contact:

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Revy the two hands wrote:
Kamri wrote: We gave wemon and blacks rights, so why not homsexuals? They are people just the same as you an I they just choose to live and love diffrent.
I hate it when people compare the homosexual debate to a race situation. GAY PEOPLE AREN'T A RACE :x.

Because of my beliefs I don't agree with homosexuality, but I don't hate anyone who is homosexual either. Men are for women and women are for men. That is all.
In the bible it only says sodomy is a no go... No penetration, no problem :wink: BLOW JOBS FOR EVERYONE!

Also, all the girls who don't take just take it in the baby maker, hell ahoy! If you're into the whole bible thing.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
User avatar
Dretlin
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2898
Joined: Oct 29, 2004 8:00am
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Dretlin »

Gaming Goddess wrote: In the bible it only says sodomy is a no go... No penetration, no problem :wink: BLOW JOBS FOR EVERYONE!

Also, all the girls who don't take just take it in the baby maker, hell ahoy! If you're into the whole bible thing.
The Guru - has spoken. [-o<
Jade_Steel_Hawk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jul 14, 2005 8:12pm
Gender: Female

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

With some denominations, maybe. It's difficult to cover all the contrasting interpretations.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: What do you think of homosexuality?

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Gaming Goddess wrote:
:wink: BLOW JOBS FOR EVERYONE!
There should be one of you in every city.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Post Reply