Maybe some advice

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Maybe some advice

Post by scorpionwarrior »

I'm really not sure how to deal with it. My dog that has been apart of my family for 16-17 years had to be put to sleep today and no matter how I try to think there is no way of feeling any better. To make things worse she's the closest thing to me that's ever died. The only thing that could make me feel better is hugging her but obviously I can't cause she's no longer here.

I realise that give it time is probably the best thing but any advice to help feel a bit better or at least stop the waterworks would be much appreciated.
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Dretlin

Re: Maybe some advice

Post by Dretlin »

You clearly have happy memoires of your pet and they felt no suffering by being put to sleep.

Take comfort that you were a good companion, that you made the right decision and cherish your memoires.

Nothing will ease the sorrow you feel in an instant, time will ease it and you will be just fine.
Tailtiu
Mobile Suit Otaku
Location: A dorm room usually; occasionally (read- when I have classes) the Nursing Bldg

Post by Tailtiu »

When we put my dog down I thought about her in halfling heaven, terrorizing bunnies. True story. It made me cry less.
<3 life
Athos

Post by Athos »

When my Auggie was put down, I was torn. Apparently, both my parents cried (from what my cousin told me). In the end, we just have photos of him, but I never forget him. In fact, when I get settled into a lawyer career, I made a determination that I'll get a dog as the exact same breed as Auggie, who has a mix of Golden Retriever and German Shepard. And in his final days, the Vet told my parents that he had diabetes, cancer, and something else.

I think it'd be easier just talking about your dog and go through the grieving process.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Sharla or whatever? :/

I'm so sorry, Mat.
I guess just remember when she was alive, and don't think of it in a negative light.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Nah it was Sharni, the little white one.

But thanks everyone. I still miss her but I'm feeling a lot better now.
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Athos

Post by Athos »

Drinking helps too.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

I don't like alcohol so yeah

Athos

Post by Athos »

o.O Blasphemy!