NEW YEARS CELEBRATION!

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
SASSZAIN

NEW YEARS CELEBRATION!

Post by SASSZAIN »

I just wannted to put out there a thread about new years. Where are you spending new years eve? Who are you spending it with? Will it be fun? What are all of your new years resolutions? DO you intend to keep them? These are just a few of the things to think about ^^

I'll post tommorrow. Too yeah right now :D
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
MARS4
Mobile Suit Otaku

Re: NEW YEARS CELEBRATION!

Post by MARS4 »

At home(because there's a blizzard tonight).
Myself(because my parents are old nincampoops that go to bed early). Or whoever I talk to online.
Probably not too much, but hey, anything can happen.
Quitting bad habits, and be more active and get into shape.
YES! I am more determined this year than EVER! ^o^v

Happy new year's to you all! :D <3
<3..*~Team Jacob or Team Edward. Seriously? I don't even have to think about it... I'm Team Damon. :] *~..<3
I'm a Bohunk, and I survive Minnesota winters. so don't fudge with me! =D
Thank you, and have a wonderful day.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

In Scotland New Years is called Hogmanay - and it was excellent.
MARS4
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by MARS4 »

Dretlin wrote:In Scotland New Years is called Hogmanay - and it was excellent.
Oh, that sounds like fun! o: What exactly do you do for Hogmanay? How is the weather in Scotland this time of year? *jealous* lol
<3..*~Team Jacob or Team Edward. Seriously? I don't even have to think about it... I'm Team Damon. :] *~..<3
I'm a Bohunk, and I survive Minnesota winters. so don't fudge with me! =D
Thank you, and have a wonderful day.
Athos

Post by Athos »

Going to a bar with a co-worker and his friends. Will be laughing the night away, but yet I will be looking at my life to where I was, where I am, and where I want to be. Cheers!
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

MARS4 wrote:
Dretlin wrote:In Scotland New Years is called Hogmanay - and it was excellent.
Oh, that sounds like fun! o: What exactly do you do for Hogmanay? How is the weather in Scotland this time of year? *jealous* lol
Everywhere seems to have something different. A place up north called Stonehaven rolls fire balls down their streets, an enormous party in Edinbrugh, I remember once they burnt a viking long ship, I hope that still happens. There was a big open air Céilidh in Glasgow - I would have loved to have gone to that.

And lots of bank holidays around this time. Hogmanay is arguably more important than xmas in Scotland. :-k

Lots of Pagan customs seem have survived and are still used to celebrate.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Wowsa, I've been friends with scotts for 4 years now and they never ONCE told me all the cool stuff that happens. David and Lachlan are gonna hear it from me!

I went over to a ladies house from church with my grandparents and all her family. We played games all night long. It was a lot more fun that i was expecting it to be, even with little munchkins yelling all the time. When you play scrabble slam, and half the worlds wind up being curses you cant help but have a good time. After that we played balderdash and got crazy words with crazy answers, all of which where hilarious.

AS for new years resolutions, I think I'ma try to take care of myself better this year. Not sure how well it'll go, but hey, its worth a shot!
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Athos

Post by Athos »

Went to my friend's house and had a lot of fun. Nearly froze to death waiting to be picked up. Balderdash is fun. I love that game. Always laugh hard when I play.

Also, about a year ago, the WSJ had a weekend article about how Americans have come to celebrate new year is completely based upon Scotland.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

SASSZAIN wrote:Wowsa, I've been friends with scotts for 4 years now and they never ONCE told me all the cool stuff that happens. David and Lachlan are gonna hear it from me!
To right, they bloody better hear from you. [-(
Athos wrote:Also, about a year ago, the WSJ had a weekend article about how Americans have come to celebrate new year is completely based upon Scotland.
I did notice some customs here have been exported. I think I have heard American's singing Auld Lang Syne before, which was a bit of a mind [censored] !
Haoie
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Haoie »

I spent it in bed.

With someone special.

Woo!
"Turn on your shine and hold me near"