Recipies!

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
Athos

Recipies!

Post by Athos »

This thread was suggested by MARS4. Please share recipes for other users and discuss all things cooking or food.

Pistachio Cake

Ingredients:

1 package yellow cake mix
1 package instant pistachio pudding mix
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan
2) In a large bowl, mix together cake mix and pudding mix. Pour in eggs, water, oil, almond extract.
3) Pour mix into 10 inch tube pan and bake in oven for 50 to 55 minutes; let cool for 15 minutes.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
MARS4
Mobile Suit Otaku

Re: Recipies!

Post by MARS4 »

xD Thanks, Athos! Ooh, that sounds good. But could the Pistachio be replaced with Butterscotch instant pudding? lol. I rarely bake, to be honest. xD It's funny, actually. All of a sudden recently, my mom has given me a couple of cook books, and when I saw my grandma recently she gave me a bunch too, including one that belongs to my great-grandmother. She has her own recipes written in it, including cuttings from newspapers are far back as 1929, AND her husband(my great grandfather) wrote his own white cake recipe in it, too. All in his own hand writing and doodling and all.
OK, sorry I'm rambling on, but anyway, like I said, I almost never bake, so if I share a recipe and it doesn't taste good, don't blame me :P So I guess I'll just throw you guys a random recipe from my great-grandma's cook book, and hopefully it will turn out nice for someone!

Angel Cookies

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening
1 egg
1/2 tsp cream tartar
1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp vanilla or lemon flavoring
About 2 cups flour
Mix well, roll into small balls and press flat. Bake in moderate oven 15 minutes.
<3..*~Team Jacob or Team Edward. Seriously? I don't even have to think about it... I'm Team Damon. :] *~..<3
I'm a Bohunk, and I survive Minnesota winters. so don't fudge with me! =D
Thank you, and have a wonderful day.
Athos

Post by Athos »

Not sure. You could try I suppose. And I do love me some butterscotch. Maybe add them hard piece candies.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Kyo
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Kyo »

I know how to make oatmeal! Just put some water in a [censored] pot, boil that [censored], add the oats, mix the [censored] out of it! And then what do you get? PENIS!!!!
"Split a piece of wood and I am there
Lift a stone & here you will find me"
angelalthea
Baka Otaku

Post by angelalthea »

Kyo wrote:I know how to make oatmeal! Just put some water in a [censored] pot, boil that [censored], add the oats, mix the [censored] out of it! And then what do you get? PENIS!!!!
Waahhh.. nice recipe of oatmeal you got there..