What has changed now it's 2020

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Re: What has changed now it's 2020

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Grell wrote: Mar 06, 2020 11:01pm Uh. Probably no one going to remember me, but I used to frequent the forums back in high school.

I remember you Grell, more specifically you’re other usernames but still remember regardless lol
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

scorpionwarrior wrote: Mar 07, 2020 11:36am
Grell wrote: Mar 06, 2020 11:01pm Uh. Probably no one going to remember me, but I used to frequent the forums back in high school.

I remember you Grell, more specifically you’re other usernames but still remember regardless lol
Y`all are Ohana. And Ohana Means Family and family means nobody gets lost, or forgotten :3 :heartbeat: :heartbeat:
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Your name rings a bell. Did we RP together a lot?

As for me, I moved states again, have worked at a couple different banks as a personal banker, and had a baby about 3 months ago. She's a trial! And I have to go back to work in a week. :cry:
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Tucker
Newbie Otaku

Post by Tucker »

I could type it out agian, but i think i'll just copy paste from my reintroduciton lol

As for me, I've moved back home to Texas back in 2012. I used to live in the suburbs outside of chicago after my parents got divorced back in 2000. I'm about to turn 31 in January. I've been almost homeless a few times but always made it through. Lost my dad to cancer in 2018 and my mom to a heart attack soon after in January 2019. Ive discovered most people suck and are absolutely terrible, but its not hard to find the small things that make you happy and keep you going.

Ive also discovered that apparently I get majorly depressed if I'm not in a relationship. And the thought of living alone is not something I can do. I tried it and after a week I was going bonkers without someone else in the house. Ive got some good roommates, my best buds. So things are going good right now. I've met a girl on the good ol' tinder and we are hitting it off. So I really dont have any major complaints.

Oh, and to top it all off, I know im not getting into heaven because I'm a freaking ginger. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
who knew i would have dark brown hair, black eye brows and ginger facial hair lol
skittleschan
Baka Otaku

Post by skittleschan »

Now it's a year later but here we are xD

Hi! My old username was "skittle_angelkitty" but I spent most of my time in the chatroom.

Damn, I'm surprised anyone is still here. I don't know if anyone is really active here or if it's just the Discord. Umm, well let's see. Graduated high school, college, moved to the PNW. Now I'm here, looking back on the good times. \:D/
stormsangel
Absolute Otaku

Post by stormsangel »

Athos wrote: Feb 28, 2020 9:08pm For us 'old timers'...it has been prob. a few years (or perhaps a decade) since we've last been here.
Share your thoughts on how you have changed (have your tastes in anime changed? Discuss.
It has been a veery long time :-$ :-"

Graduated uni, still trying to find that elusive science job and currently working retail, resisting the urge to murder head office and customers ](*,) Was travelling at least once a year until COVID :weep:

I think my taste in anime is much the same, still a sucker for a good sports anime (catch me on the Haikyuu!! bandwagon). I'd say the only change is enjoying some more chill slice of life romance anime (trying to sift through the fanservice-y ones is a nightmare though). Absolute favourites these days are: Hunter x Hunter, Chihayafuru, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and the only isekai I've ever managed to sit through: My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!
*~I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I am not~*
*~Dare to dream, dare to fly, dare to be the ever chosen one to touch the sky~*

"You can't help it when you fall in love. That's just love, you know?" ~Hideki, Chobits
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

stormsangel wrote: Jul 02, 2021 10:25pm
Athos wrote: Feb 28, 2020 9:08pm For us 'old timers'...it has been prob. a few years (or perhaps a decade) since we've last been here.
Share your thoughts on how you have changed (have your tastes in anime changed? Discuss.
It has been a veery long time :-$ :-"

Graduated uni, still trying to find that elusive science job and currently working retail, resisting the urge to murder head office and customers ](*,) Was travelling at least once a year until COVID :weep:

I think my taste in anime is much the same, still a sucker for a good sports anime (catch me on the Haikyuu!! bandwagon). I'd say the only change is enjoying some more chill slice of life romance anime (trying to sift through the fanservice-y ones is a nightmare though). Absolute favourites these days are: Hunter x Hunter, Chihayafuru, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and the only isekai I've ever managed to sit through: My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!
Sucker for Sports anime? What was your opinion on Kuroko No Basket? :o
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
stormsangel
Absolute Otaku

Post by stormsangel »

SASSZAIN wrote: Jan 19, 2022 4:31pm
I was watching it after the first season came out and really enjoyed it! I fell behind though and haven't caught up yet :heh: I relate to Kuroko's lack of presence and was actually told by a friend to watch it because of that xD
*~I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I am not~*
*~Dare to dream, dare to fly, dare to be the ever chosen one to touch the sky~*

"You can't help it when you fall in love. That's just love, you know?" ~Hideki, Chobits
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

stormsangel wrote: Jan 19, 2022 4:56pm
SASSZAIN wrote: Jan 19, 2022 4:31pm
I was watching it after the first season came out and really enjoyed it! I fell behind though and haven't caught up yet :heh: I relate to Kuroko's lack of presence and was actually told by a friend to watch it because of that xD
I havent watched past the first season either. Watch Party? :o :o :o :o
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Ace
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Ace »

Don’t know if anyone remembers me, but I usually just frequent the off topic areas and chats. I’ve been ok in life. Been in banking for 10 years now (yikes!).

Lots has happened. Loved ones moving out of state or getting married. Dunno if it’s just me personally feeling like I’m hitting a midlife crisis, but I don’t feel fulfilled in my life right now. You guys can catch me on discord anytime though. Stop by and drop a message!

Zeke#1841
~ Something something........ yeah~
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/EZedd/kazu.png
~ Kazu x Emily fan <3