What has changed now it's 2020

Topics about anything not related to the other forums.
Athos

What has changed now it's 2020

Post by Athos »

For us 'old timers'...it has been prob. a few years (or perhaps a decade) since we've last been here.
Share your thoughts on how you have changed (have your tastes in anime changed? Discuss.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Re: What has changed now it's 2020

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Doesn’t feel like a lots changed till I look back at last time I was here lol.

Still doing pizza deliveries (will be 11 years this year). Have 2 dogs now (still have my old one who is 15 now), living by myself (was living with my brothers for a bit but thankfully on my own now). Not too sure about much else

As for my anime taste, it has changed a lot. Had only watched stuff like dragon ball z, gundam wing, Pokémon, etc. All the main anime’s. Now I generally have like 6-8 going at once and have seen countless anime (get bored too easy haha)
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Athos

Post by Athos »

scorpionwarrior wrote: Feb 29, 2020 1:56am Doesn’t feel like a lots changed till I look back at last time I was here lol.

Still doing pizza deliveries (will be 11 years this year). Have 2 dogs now (still have my old one who is 15 now), living by myself (was living with my brothers for a bit but thankfully on my own now). Not too sure about much else

As for my anime taste, it has changed a lot. Had only watched stuff like dragon ball z, gundam wing, Pokémon, etc. All the main anime’s. Now I generally have like 6-8 going at once and have seen countless anime (get bored too easy haha)
That's awesome! For me I changed fields from retail to sales. Old me: Gundam, DBZ, etc..Now I'm super picky with what I watch. 7 Deadly Sins (fav), Rising of the Shield Hero, Demon Slayer. I haven't jumped on board w/ Naruto, My Hero Academia, or any of the more recent stuff. I'll watch an ep and decide 'nope'. Although Plunderer got me. I don't know why I continued watching more eps. Lately I've been spending my time working out and self-development stuff. Also, I recently went to re-watch my old favs like Kenshin and I can't believe how bad the dialogue is!
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Oh my, where do I start? There has been SO MUCH thats changed. I dropped out of college, lived on my own for a few years, then went homeless for half a year, then went BACK to college and got my degree in programming. I tok that degree and worked retail at Staples for seven years until just last year where I left retail and now work in the private sector as a freelance programmer / program manager. Its pretty awesome \:D/ \:D/

As for my anime taste, its gotten SUPER PICKY. I'll still give just about anything a watch, but, i generally dont make it past ep 4. Anything thats too fanservicy I just cant stand. ](*,)

I'm also super busy nowadays so i barely have time to really sit down and watch stuff.. So i gotta be more picky lol
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Oh my, where do I start? There has been SO MUCH thats changed. I dropped out of college, lived on my own for a few years, then went homeless for half a year, then went BACK to college and got my degree in programming. I tok that degree and worked retail at Staples for seven years until just last year where I left retail and now work in the private sector as a freelance programmer / program manager. Its pretty awesome \:D/ \:D/

As for my anime taste, its gotten SUPER PICKY. I'll still give just about anything a watch, but, i generally dont make it past ep 4. Anything thats too fanservicy I just cant stand. ](*,)

I'm also super busy nowadays so i barely have time to really sit down and watch stuff.. So i gotta be more picky lol
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Mik3

Post by Mik3 »

I bounced around working for different retailers...then I joined a landscaping business and did that for a few years. Since November I have been interning with the Philadelphia Phillies AA affiliate Reading Fightin Phils. I'm so mad it took me so long to figure out what to do, but I can say I'm close to what I love.
I also test video games part time for VMC, don't get paid a lot and the hours aren't exactly steady but it's a nice way to make extra money when I have free time.

I still like Anime but it's gotten harder to find stuff I'll enjoy and I don't have as much free time as I did however many years ago. And why is Isekai stuff so popular?!

I have enjoyed watching MHA, Orange, Hunter x Hunter, Space Dandy, the first two seasons of Food Wars, and Your Name by Makoto Shinkai was a very good movie. I also finally watched Baccano and that was amazing, I really missed out all these years.
I remembered my password.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Mik3 wrote: Feb 29, 2020 11:16am I bounced around working for different retailers...then I joined a landscaping business and did that for a few years. Since November I have been interning with the Philadelphia Phillies AA affiliate Reading Fightin Phils. I'm so mad it took me so long to figure out what to do, but I can say I'm close to what I love.
I also test video games part time for VMC, don't get paid a lot and the hours aren't exactly steady but it's a nice way to make extra money when I have free time.

I still like Anime but it's gotten harder to find stuff I'll enjoy and I don't have as much free time as I did however many years ago. And why is Isekai stuff so popular?!

I have enjoyed watching MHA, Orange, Hunter x Hunter, Space Dandy, the first two seasons of Food Wars, and Your Name by Makoto Shinkai was a very good movie. I also finally watched Baccano and that was amazing, I really missed out all these years.
I think the main reason Isekai is so popular now is that Sword ARt Online happened, and it sparked a ton of ideas for other things. Though, The other things aren't exactly SUPER original. Its just a huge cash grab me thinks, or a buncha people wanting to animate their fanfics xD
The youtube channel GetInTheRobot has a really great video about it.
Athos

Post by Athos »

Mik3 wrote: Feb 29, 2020 11:16am I bounced around working for different retailers...then I joined a landscaping business and did that for a few years. Since November I have been interning with the Philadelphia Phillies AA affiliate Reading Fightin Phils. I'm so mad it took me so long to figure out what to do, but I can say I'm close to what I love.

Fun fact - I live by the Phillies Spring Training ballpark in Florida. (I can walk there). And I have a friend who is an announcer, Kristen. :) Glad to hear you're doing well! It doesn't matter how long it's taken you -- just as long as you get there
Boredcrazy
Master Otaku

Post by Boredcrazy »

Hopping on this thread even though I doubt half of you guys remember me.

Let's see! I graduated with a degree in information systems. Got roped into the family business, then struck out and worked at another place where my dad wasn't my boss for two years and now I'm back in the family business again. The plan is, among other things, to eventually own a business of my own. I do freelance graphic design work occasionally. Usually nothing too huge.

Some of my interests from back when I used to hang out here have changed a lot. I don't really watch anime anymore; it's been like four years since I last watched stuff consistently. Now I'll only check like two or three niche genres for new releases every couple of months. I still draw though. Rough sketches. Anime/manga style. It's fun.

Man, I used to be so cringe. Looking at my profile when I logged in after like 13 years of inactivity was agony. Hey, Athos, did I ever confess to having like, an absurdly huge crush on you at the time? I don't remember whether I did. I probably didn't have to though, since I imagine it was preeeeettyy obvious, thinking back on it now. Please don't call me out on all the embarrassing stuff I did. I'm still trying to live it down.

We should have an AA Discord server or something, if it won't affect the traffic this place gets.
This place still exists, guys. I'm kind of impressed. Feel free to ask for my Discord.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Boredcrazy wrote: Mar 03, 2020 2:03pm Hopping on this thread even though I doubt half of you guys remember me.

Let's see! I graduated with a degree in information systems. Got roped into the family business, then struck out and worked at another place where my dad wasn't my boss for two years and now I'm back in the family business again. The plan is, among other things, to eventually own a business of my own. I do freelance graphic design work occasionally. Usually nothing too huge.

Some of my interests from back when I used to hang out here have changed a lot. I don't really watch anime anymore; it's been like four years since I last watched stuff consistently. Now I'll only check like two or three niche genres for new releases every couple of months. I still draw though. Rough sketches. Anime/manga style. It's fun.

Man, I used to be so cringe. Looking at my profile when I logged in after like 13 years of inactivity was agony. Hey, Athos, did I ever confess to having like, an absurdly huge crush on you at the time? I don't remember whether I did. I probably didn't have to though, since I imagine it was preeeeettyy obvious, thinking back on it now. Please don't call me out on all the embarrassing stuff I did. I'm still trying to live it down.

We should have an AA Discord server or something, if it won't affect the traffic this place gets.
I DO remember you!!

Happy to see you're doing well. Having your own business is rough AF. I did it for a while, and while it was fun, it was a ton of work.
Glad you still do art :3 I've kinda fallen away from the creative side of my life and that sorta bums me out a lot. Its always good to keep the creativity alive.
I think a TON of girls had a crush on Athos back in the day, so no worries. He's just such a nice handsome feller ;D

Oh, and we DO have an AA Discord!! Here!
Boredcrazy
Master Otaku

Post by Boredcrazy »

The Discord link isn't working, but I am flattered you remember me! I'm glad to see you're all doing well.
This place still exists, guys. I'm kind of impressed. Feel free to ask for my Discord.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Try this one lol https://discord.gg/KyqszC
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Boredcrazy wrote: Mar 05, 2020 10:02am The Discord link isn't working, but I am flattered you remember me! I'm glad to see you're all doing well.
yeeaahh so anyone thats wanting to get to the discord, discord invites time out after, i think, 12 hours or so. So if anyone wants a new one PM me and i'll get you one within 24 hours. I'm checking AA daily now :3
Athos

Post by Athos »

Boredcrazy wrote: Mar 03, 2020 2:03pm Hopping on this thread even though I doubt half of you guys remember me.

Yeah I remember. I believe you live/d in Qatar? :-k
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Uh. Probably no one going to remember me, but I used to frequent the forums back in high school.

I still have all my old favorites (Outlaw Star, Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, FLCL), but over the years I've gotten into newer animes too. To name a few, Seven Deadly Sins, My Hero, Tokyo Ghoul and Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan.

As far as life goes, I dropped out of high school, got my diploma via night school, was in an abusive relationship, went to college, worked, got married, lost my dad, stopped working to focus on my mental health and recently got diagnosed with Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder. It's been a rollercoaster.
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Boredcrazy wrote: Mar 03, 2020 2:03pm Some of my interests from back when I used to hang out here have changed a lot. I don't really watch anime anymore; it's been like four years since I last watched stuff consistently. Now I'll only check like two or three niche genres for new releases every couple of months. I still draw though. Rough sketches. Anime/manga style. It's fun.
I've had long stretches of time when I didn't watch any anime. Then I happen to catch an episode of something and end up getting back into it for a while. It's a cycle just because I don't have time to watch consistently. Anyway, I hope you never stop drawing. It's very important to keep your fun artistic side alive
Grell wrote: Mar 06, 2020 11:01pm As far as life goes, I dropped out of high school, got my diploma via night school, was in an abusive relationship, went to college, worked, got married, lost my dad, stopped working to focus on my mental health and recently got diagnosed with Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder. It's been a rollercoaster.
Glad to hear you got your diploma and got out of an abusive relationship.
SASSZAIN wrote: Mar 06, 2020 4:26am yeeaahh so anyone thats wanting to get to the discord, discord invites time out after, i think, 12 hours or so. So if anyone wants a new one PM me and i'll get you one within 24 hours. I'm checking AA daily now :3
The discord link on the sidebar should work. I set it to never timeout. https://discord.gg/K3WYNJm Please let me know if it doesn't work.