KHANKA (a manga in planning)

Show off your fan fiction, poetry, or links to your fan art.
LeoXiao
Newbie Otaku

KHANKA (a manga in planning)

Post by LeoXiao »

Ok, I'm new here. Hi everyone.
I have a manga idea that I've been planning for a few months, but haven't discussed with anybody yet. My primary purpose at this time is to gather opinions on what I have so far. I'll start with a summary, and release more info if people are interested.

My idea is titled KHANKA. I haven't decided on it for sure, but this is what I call it for now.

the plot/storyline: it is 2026. after a 3rd World War in 2019, the world was devastated, with a few billion dead (and dying), the environment all but destroyed, and every power of the prewar era fallen. In Eastern Europe, a small nation that escaped the worst effects of the war (by not partaking in it) now finds itself struggling in a precarious world full of conflict, radioactivity, scarcity, and death. The odds of survival are low, with many nations of similar status having collapsed shortly after the Armageddon.
But this nation, known as the state of Kalinin, has one thing the others didn't. Its leaders have under their control a few select individuals known as the "Voices," who have superhuman cognitive abilities such as seeing the future, telepathy, and remote vision.
The leaders of Kalinin, having bided their time, finally decide that rapid expansion for control of the "pure land" (regions that are rich in resources and free of radioactivity) is needed to keep Kalinin from collapsing. To complete this scheme in the most efficient manner (empathis on efficiency), the leaders enlist the help of the "Voices," who act as advisors in planning the details of the plan.
The story focuses on Nikolai, a 17-year old who is one of the Voices. The plot follows his experiences as he is thrown into a career full of extreme pragmatism, calculation, revolution, and corruption. This manga will (hopefully) deal with deep and mature themes like fear, humanity, idealism, worldviews, and various ideologies.
I think my style of drawing will be more on the realistic side, like Death Note.
Basically I'm trying to make something totally awesome, along the lines of something inbetween Monster, Death Note, Ergo proxyand Evangelion.

Your thoughts? is my idea good/bad? Anything to add/suggest? Should I post more information (like concept drawings/character/setting info)?
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Re: KHANKA (a manga in planning)

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

great concept, but i would think that these "voices" would most likely been found out by other countries...i'd try putting other voices as main antagonists..cuz most likely thes individuals wouldn't just work for one country, as everyone s trying to survive and if this small country has a Voices program, most likely a larger pre-war country would have atleast a facility in place...

the main country in focus shouldn't be completely untouched, irradiated water/food should be atleast somewhat a problem, as a small country in europe is generally surrounded by other small countries ^_^.

I would also limit Foresight to a specific object within a time period of a week(maximum), with some certain triggers. these superhuman powers shouldn't be deciding powers but advantageous uses. also their talents should be different, as not everybody should have the same amount of skill/power. Keep the powers realistic, and not overpowered and you have yourself a good manga ^_^
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

I like story lines that are set in the future. Well, I did a mistake in making my Manga. I was too overpowered. (Like what EL said.) And becuase of that I couldn't really do much to move forward in the story line becuase the charaters where way to powerful.

But overall I can see that being a fine Manga. I cannot wait to see it.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
LeoXiao
Newbie Otaku

Post by LeoXiao »

Here is the first page (preview) of my manga. Please critique it. Yes I know it's kinda boring now but I have a few more pages that are being edited and finalized for photoshopping so I'll have more up soon.

http://leoxiao.deviantart.com/art/Manga ... -120561498

Oh, and just to clarify, this is a prolouge. Hence the date "1999."
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

It doesn't look that bad. But the placing of the panels is a bit strange.
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
LeoXiao
Newbie Otaku

Post by LeoXiao »

before making any more of the actual manga, I guess I'll stick to character designs instead since they are very important. Here are a couple.

http://leoxiao.deviantart.com/art/Nikol ... -122829764
The protagonist, Nikolai.

http://leoxiao.deviantart.com/art/Xingk ... -122826784
A major character, with two hair variants.

These are pretty fun to make, so I'll keep posting designs. Probably I will be able to finalize them later on.