Tails?

The PyroKitie
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Tails?

Post by The PyroKitie »

Yes, it's me again. You should all wish I never bought those season one and two of DBZ. *giggles*

Anyways, another silly question from the Pyro:

Saiyan Tails.

So what's the deal with them? I know the basics:
1.) A form of balance like most tails for just about any animal.
2.) The whole transformation for Saiyans.
4.) They make fun little belts.
5.) When in the Ape form it makes a good weapon if they can control themselves.

Now...what I'm wondering is what the rate/range is for it growing back. To me it seems that if the tail is cut off before they hit around human male puberty age then it can grow back. Also, in GT I remember that they forced Goku's back out.

So, the tails basically can only grow back when they are young, but if they are older then it can't grow back and that's why Vegeta get's so ticked off when his is cut off by Yajirobe...right?

I know, I ask all the silly, unimportant questions...but it's fun for me. ^^

~Pyro
"It is not enough to conquer, one must know how to seduce." ~Voltaire.

***Forgive me. I have terrible spelling and no spell checker. V_V I have firefox at home, but not on my work system.***
Yuri Volte Hyuga
Full Metal Otaku

Re: Tails?

Post by Yuri Volte Hyuga »

Maybe. But here's my theory. Because the ape forms weren't needed anymore in the later sagas of DBZ, Akira Toriyama didn't bother having them grow back. As for the whole pulling out the tail thing in GT, maybe they did it for comedic effect, or maybe adults Saiyans really can't grow their tails back naturally when cut off.
PSN ID: Otogi-Matsuri
MVC3: X-23/Trish/Dante, SSF4: Viper, Juri, Cammy
The PyroKitie
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by The PyroKitie »

Wow, I didn't think anyone would actually reply. >.<

What I mean is the creators were just doing what was writen out and most of the time don't go into as much detail as the fans like to. The fans want everything from blood type to family trees, things that I know I don't go into detail with when I write stories but things that my friends want to know when they read them.

*shrugs* I wish I had a tail...

***Forgive me. I have terrible spelling and no spell checker. V_V I have firefox at home, but not on my work system.***
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

Does this picture contribute at all?
Mmmm?
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

he he he. Oh man how i love it when someone asks a question none else seems to know a real answer for. :D Give me about three days and i can tell you. I'm sorta not in my DBC mode, more in my cuddly mode.. kinda like opposites..

anyways, the tails, they are the Saiyan's only weakness, keep that in mind. ;) and i'll dispose more info later
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

SASSZAIN wrote:he he he. Oh man how i love it when someone asks a question none else seems to know a real answer for. :D Give me about three days and i can tell you. I'm sorta not in my DBC mode, more in my cuddly mode.. kinda like opposites..

anyways, the tails, they are the Saiyan's only weakness, keep that in mind. ;) and i'll dispose more info later
DBC is an awesome show.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
The PyroKitie
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by The PyroKitie »

Dreams wrote:Does this picture contribute at all?
Mmmm?
Actually...no it doesn't. Cause Gohan had his removed and it grew back on it's own. If just ripping or cutting it off is enough to make it not come back, then Gohan's shouldn't of. I really think it's the puberty thing. After a certain age it just can't come back. Cause in that scene, Vegeta is older than average puberty age (at least for a human, pretty sure for a Saiyan too). If it could re-grow then they wouldn't have to reconstruct it...and Goku's tail doesn't grow back on it's own either once he's older...

I just ask silly questions. Feel free to ignore me at any moment cause I can assure you this will not be the last thread I make like this. >.<

Dreams

Post by Dreams »

The PyroKitie wrote: Actually...no it doesn't. Cause Gohan had his removed and it grew back on it's own. If just ripping or cutting it off is enough to make it not come back, then Gohan's shouldn't of. I really think it's the puberty thing. After a certain age it just can't come back. Cause in that scene, Vegeta is older than average puberty age (at least for a human, pretty sure for a Saiyan too). If it could re-grow then they wouldn't have to reconstruct it...and Goku's tail doesn't grow back on it's own either once he's older...
Yeah, but then wouldn't that picture help prove your point?
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
TintaSerpentGoddess
Uber Otaku

Post by TintaSerpentGoddess »

Dreams wrote:
The PyroKitie wrote: Actually...no it doesn't. Cause Gohan had his removed and it grew back on it's own. If just ripping or cutting it off is enough to make it not come back, then Gohan's shouldn't of. I really think it's the puberty thing. After a certain age it just can't come back. Cause in that scene, Vegeta is older than average puberty age (at least for a human, pretty sure for a Saiyan too). If it could re-grow then they wouldn't have to reconstruct it...and Goku's tail doesn't grow back on it's own either once he's older...
Yeah, but then wouldn't that picture help prove your point?
Well, it helps prove that tails don't simply grow back.
President of Haku Luvrs Club
President of ~*Otonin of the Night*~
*Joined Orochimaru*
President of Clay Birds
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Dreams wrote:Does this picture contribute at all?
Mmmm?owns.net/blah/nudeveg.

Not really, all it does is say that it can't be reconstructed, not regrown, it might be able to be regrown, it could just take some time to do so.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
DJ ÑÎÑJÅ
Visitor

Post by DJ ÑÎÑJÅ »

Actually, if I remember right, they just don't grow back once they've hit a certain age, I guess. Puberty would probably be right.
Jessie-Kah
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jessie-Kah »

Ok this might not b on the subject

BUT

i think goku looks cute with his tail \:D/
King9TailsSSHeadJog
Baka Otaku

Post by King9TailsSSHeadJog »

It's sane, Super SAne from meditation, king 9 tails can tell you, i was the one who tought them how to go hyper haired using string theory aka hair theory in meditation. i'm the one spotted when they said hey can you see that head jog and yes soon i arrived, the eden god saturn or the super sonic head jog jogging into view. Why before i was called king 9 tails and before that baby king i'm still called some or all of these. Oh yes DBZ fans my old student haru that hates me whom made dbz really will tell you when he stops being liar i am the dbc the dragon bridge caster here's a little secret of his he got that voice for vageta from running on my whole li bridge it's made that way i run on it to war it makes you feel like me.

visit my article in question and answers

quote:"

What should i do i startedthe company to tell the sagaof saturn, sega, th vilens are myinvention you might know us asthe vilence(violins) what should i do i'm the hypersonic eden god running through the brush they saw my HeadJog i super sane saturn casterof the dragon bridge, the dark dragon emporer whosnames are ansony, the way the truth the light, don't kickme off i'm serios the baby king try to remember about the red blue and white sponge ball. bouncy sponge.Why i couldn't wait to go past that white barrier to see the triadd girls so sexy don't you love the disco inventer peace sybols why when i acid washed them aka made it rain master equayion acid that takes tyou to the hevenly dimention removes the vail why if you lived tthrough it you became part of the peace movement, why te team at sega i one day summond to me before i could finish speaking they had taken one of my gloves and rigs to look at and then run away with it when i asked for it back andthe did sicko thing in their crative circle after dissing me for hours remember the baby king i rule you are older you are lower think about the ball what should i do? Because of stealing my glove they won't let me king 9 tails , tails father sonic, be apartof it? i had ameniafromwar beingthe godof it with other gods, and they didn't even send me an e-mail ever, not a penny they love their god sonic you can tell eh hahahaha fukin haru what an idiot he's going down i own both contenients wait till you hear sonics saga's he later is called god the father. The asains remember me i'm looking for advice i'm seriously sonic from legend reincarnation isreal later i'm sit hearth aaaa cuz they never gave me a break or a home i stayed up all night and protected them it was good for both i and my people going there i bneeded some sleep after over 1000000 years, it was awsome and my return was cool i have my own constillation, do you have advice should i sue them>?I have a script sort of that tells some of the true SAga of saturn the super sonic head jog message me back if you intrested in viewing it.please don't remove you will regret it not thret this is the real sonic give me a chance i'll prove it that great idea doesn't come from no where he went super fast with string(hair) theory aka the hairy ness and the teacher of the headgehog.The blue red and white for the ball. =D> [-o< :-k :-# don't tell!!! :-$ "

end quote
animegates
Newbie Otaku

Post by animegates »

They have tails because saiyan are beings that is compared with animal, specifically monkey. ;) That's why they have the monkey form. The tails are just used for designs. They dont need such balance using their tail because they can even fly. Creature with tails are usually having longer arms and or crawling creatures.
ANIMEGATES:Watch Free Anime Online & Stream Free Anime Episodes