I'm new with DBZ!!

yummy_Demyx_luvr
Baka Otaku

I'm new with DBZ!!

Post by yummy_Demyx_luvr »

I have recently became a fan of Dragonball and DragonballZ and I would like to know more about the show.
I have seen about 6 episodes of GT and I have 2 DVDs involving the cell games and the first episodes of Saiyan showdown.
My friends know every little thing about this show, but aren't telling me what I want to know ._.
Also:
GOHAN AND GOKU ARE THE CUTEST FATHER-SON RELATIONSHIP EVER!!
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku

Re: I'm new with DBZ!!

Post by Battousai The Manslayer »

I'm glad you're getting into DB(Z) that's good. Try checking out the manga, it's better than the anime.

Gohan and Goku as a couple? Disgusting. Never mention such things in here ok? You'll scare people. >_>
Does God Exist?

<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

DBZ is one of my all-time favorites. It’s a good show to watch, it’s a classic.

Oh I haven’t got round to seeing the manga yet.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Battousai The Manslayer
Absolute Otaku

Post by Battousai The Manslayer »

Zaraki Kenpachi wrote:DBZ is one of my all-time favorites. It’s a good show to watch, it’s a classic.

Oh I haven’t got round to seeing the manga yet.
You really should. It lacks the annoying anime fillers of absurdly long powerups, screaming, and stalling for ages. It's really great, give it a try. :)
Does God Exist?

<>Bleach Club 101<> Squad #5 Captain
Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. He is the true messiah.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Shinobu Sensui wrote:I'm glad you're getting into DB(Z) that's good. Try checking out the manga, it's better than the anime.

Gohan and Goku as a couple? Disgusting. Never mention such things in here ok? You'll scare people. >_>
I don't think it meant as a couple, I think it meant their father son relationship is cute.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
may12 aka squeaky
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by may12 aka squeaky »

you gonna love it it's so cool and awwesome once you get to see all the episode
plaz join the neji fan club
L's Fan Club (Anti-Light)-shygirl
Yusuke fan club
Kurama fan club
desiivy
Baka Otaku

Post by desiivy »

Well what do you want to know? I am personally a big fan of the funamation version of the show. (un-cut) I love the voice cast. I have episode 1-107 on DVD in box sets the ones that funamation re-did. The Vegeta, Namek and Freeza sagas. I also have episodes 102 threw 179 the Trunks, Android all of the Cells saga's I downloaded from the internet saved on my laptop. The rest I have on VHS or I recorded off cartoon network. I am missing a few but I do have the majority of them.

My favorite characters are Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Vegeta.
My favorite Saga is the Trunks one or maybe the world tournament.
Mostly because of the reunion of Goku and everyone and when Goten meets his Daddy for the first time, makes me cry.
MY favorite episode is 258 Innards Of Buu
I like DB, love DBZ, and hate DBGT.

I got into DBZ about 5 years ago and needed to know everything I could about it. So I'd be more then happy any questions you might have.
Dreams

Post by Dreams »

Hurray for a new fan! More about the show? Well, it's just all-around excellent. A lot of people don't give it a chance because they feel every episode just contains mindless fighting or something, I assume. But they miss out on the storyline, character development, and... the humor. Oh gosh. I love all the funny parts.

Admittedly, every now and then there's a turn in the plot that seems kinda thin to me, but then great new characters or battles are introduced that make up for it.

I first started watching it... good gravy! 10 years ago. Back when the Ocean Studios dub was aired on Cartoon Network. You will probably never be able to find a copy, but the Ocean voice actors were amazing. I like them even better than the original Japanese (which makes me cringe).

IMO, don't waste your time with GT. Dragonball was a great series because it had a super-fun cast and stories; Z was excellent for the hardcore fighting and other reasons listed above; GT was crap.
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Dreams wrote:Hurray for a new fan! More about the show? Well, it's just all-around excellent. A lot of people don't give it a chance because they feel every episode just contains mindless fighting or something, I assume. But they miss out on the storyline, character development, and... the humor. Oh gosh. I love all the funny parts.

Admittedly, every now and then there's a turn in the plot that seems kinda thin to me, but then great new characters or battles are introduced that make up for it.

I first started watching it... good gravy! 10 years ago. Back when the Ocean Studios dub was aired on Cartoon Network. You will probably never be able to find a copy, but the Ocean voice actors were amazing. I like them even better than the original Japanese (which makes me cringe).

IMO, don't waste your time with GT. Dragonball was a great series because it had a super-fun cast and stories; Z was excellent for the hardcore fighting and other reasons listed above; GT was crap.

You know, I was actually going to say pretty much exactly that.

Then I read your post...

Freaking awesome XD
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yuki~ »

^___^
DBZ is amazing!! I was about 7 or 8 years old when I watched it on TV, hidden of my parents, because they thought it was too violent for a kid watch, but I just love it! XD
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
Andrews
Newbie Otaku

Post by Andrews »

hey buddies i am also a new fan of dragon ball z..i like this show ..i have seen it two months ago...and this show is a very fantastic anime show..in this show i like the role of "Gohan" and "Trunks"...i have many tv shows downloaded from the internet...you cam also download them..........
Jessie-Kah
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jessie-Kah »

OMG I Love Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z. i loved watchin Goku grow up in DB....lol...i would say that i grew up with DBZ but that would be lying lol....i would only say that probably because ive seen like every episode my than 4 times :lol:....Although i only own the 1st 2 seasons of DBZ & i have the episodes from the Buu saga recorded from cartoon network :heh:....ive even gotten my mum into DBZ lol well only once lol...I have Never ever ever seen DBGT lol only because my friends said that it sucked...so i took there advice and never watched it lol...
Maybe its not my weekend
But its gonna be my year
And im so sick of watching while the minutes pass as i go nowhere
And this is my reaction, To everything i fear
Cause ive been going crazy i dont want to waste another minute here