27%
Lord Of The Rings
73%

Total votes: 26

ZeianStar
Mobile Suit Otaku

Re: Lord Of The Rings Or Harry Potter.

Post by ZeianStar »

Rin wrote:Hhmmmmm... I didn't understand very well.. you said you like The Golden Compass, the movie and the book but you never watched the movie or read the book? That's weird... ^^' XD Or I didn't understand...
Anyway.... both movie and book are great! But the book is veeeeery different from the movie! Specially the end! o__o
I'm reading the 2nd book at the moment
Hallow Ichigo wrote:LoTR is better. It has a better backstory, it's much more epic, etc etc.
Rin my famliy hates the Golden Compass thats why I can't watch the movie on the big screen or buy the DVD or buy the books.

Hallow Ichigo you're right LotR does have a way more epic story the Harry Potter.
In Weyard train with Isaac, Garet, Felix, Mia, Ivan, Jenna.
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

Indeed. Epic beats childhood problems any day.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yuki~ »

ZeianStar wrote:
Rin wrote:Hhmmmmm... I didn't understand very well.. you said you like The Golden Compass, the movie and the book but you never watched the movie or read the book? That's weird... ^^' XD Or I didn't understand...
Anyway.... both movie and book are great! But the book is veeeeery different from the movie! Specially the end! o__o
I'm reading the 2nd book at the moment
Hallow Ichigo wrote:LoTR is better. It has a better backstory, it's much more epic, etc etc.
Rin my famliy hates the Golden Compass thats why I can't watch the movie on the big screen or buy the DVD or buy the books.
Phh. Now I understand.. That's sad..=P The books are so good, I'm currently reading The Amber Spyglass (3rd book)
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
ZeianStar
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by ZeianStar »

I'll just watch some of the movie when someone uploades it on YouTube, Imeem, Dailymotion or any other Video site.
Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yami Haga-Ryuzaki »

Lord of the Rings is a masterpiece. As a book, people didn't read it all the way through because it went into too much detail over too much.
As a movie though; I loved it. The actors and effects were great; and they did Tolkien a lot of justice =D

Harry Potter; however popular it was - and however much I did enjoy the books; it cut out so much and replaced the content, I didn't like it. I know Rowling oversaw the production; but I didn't like it as much as I did the books.

Lord of the Rings wins with me.
I wish to the starry sky, I pray to the Earth
and swear to a love that will not fade.
ZeianStar
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by ZeianStar »

Eveyone likes LotR more.
MARS4
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by MARS4 »

I've only seen the 2nd and 3rd Harry Potter movies, and they are cool, but I still don't know much about them and whatnot. I've been a huge fan of LOTR for a long time and I still like it (but I'm not a huge fan like I used to be anymore).
So, LOTR for the pick (But I didn't vote on the poll.)
<3..*~Team Jacob or Team Edward. Seriously? I don't even have to think about it... I'm Team Damon. :] *~..<3
I'm a Bohunk, and I survive Minnesota winters. so don't fudge with me! =D
Thank you, and have a wonderful day.
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

I used to like Harry Potter movies. They used to be witty and clever. Upon reading the books however, I despise the movies. Now they seem so bland and tasteless, now that I know what SHOULD happen and doesn't. Each new installment is a slap in the face. The movies should just die.

I used to snicker at all the little Harry Potheads in school, so nerdy and cliche. Yeah, I would have read 'em, if I was a pre-pubescent teenage girl. But then I picked up a book and it wasn't half bad. The imagery was the kicker. The more books I read, the more involved I got. I can't even fathom how much of a pioneer Rowling is.

I'm a big Tolkien fan as well, but he just doesn't capture the magic like Rowling does.
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

Slash wrote:I'm a big Tolkien fan as well, but he just doesn't capture the magic like Rowling does.
Instead he captures it in a way better story, which is told in a way better way. Rowling's gender defect is probably to blame...
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

Target audiences and the time periods are ridiculously different as well, which makes these two books hard to compare, despite sharing the same genre.

Guess it matters a lot on someones taste in writing style. Harry Potter is a fairly easy read, where Tolkien requires nothing less than your very soul, and perhaps a handy dictionary.
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
Puppy
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Puppy »

Lord of the rings.
iRawr.
Saint Bede
Visitor

Post by Saint Bede »

ZeianStar wrote:Eveyone likes LotR more.
Simply for the fact Harry Potter is the most over-rated piece of shite EVER.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Well LOTR has better action scenes, better action, better everything?, while Harry Potter has a nerd......actually a fair amount of them if you think about it.....

So LOTR for me
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
ZeianStar
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by ZeianStar »

I just re watched the LotR movies and the Harry Potter movies. But...I find something special in The Golden Compass. I think I will get the DVD when it comes out because. My parents are buying DVD. They bought Hana Momtana Season 2, Nancy Drew, and some others.
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gaming Goddess »

ZeianStar wrote:I just re watched the LotR movies and the Harry Potter movies. But...I find something special in The Golden Compass. I think I will get the DVD when it comes out because. My parents are buying DVD. They bought Hana Momtana Season 2, Nancy Drew, and some others.
I don't recall anyone asking for your life story.
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Mik3

Post by Mik3 »

Hannah Montana is an insult to every person who thinks. and its my opinion, not me flaming
I remembered my password.