Invisible Children

Discussions about anything movie or television-related

Will you watch Invisible Children?

Yes, because I am philanthropic.
17%
No, because I'm lame.
No votes
I already saw this film and I wanna make a difference.
No votes
I saw it before, and I am a lame and uncaring person so I dislike this film.
50%
♥♥♥ Bobby Bailey's hot! =D ♥♥♥
33%

Total votes: 6

Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Invisible Children

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Invisible Children was created by three hot and philanthropic guys, Jason Russel, Bobby Bailey (hottest), and Laren Poole from San Diego, California. They are three awesome film-makers, and they went to Northern Uganda and discovered the horrible lives of people who live there. Therefore, they decided to film documentaries on Uganda, and they did an awesome job. Last year at my school, Invisible Children was shown. This year, my school showed the new documentary about Bobby Bailey, along with his other friends, going into displacement. Bobby Bailey's hot. =D
Children from Northern Uganda not only get abducted and killed from kidnapper, but also die from malaria and other sorts of appalling diseases in the poor place. The government people in Uganda are bastards. >=( They don't care about their people. People who live in Uganda SUFFER A LOT and deserve better lives. o.o

o.o;; Anyway, Invisible Children inspired Pete Wentz. Pete Wentz even went to 'Displace Me' this year. He based one of his Fall Out Boy songs (my favorite one) on Northern Uganda. This awesome film, Invisible Children, also gave us Americans the opportunity to donate money to Northern Uganda, and now, more kids in Nothern Uganda are getting education.

I joined IC club at my school and I wanna make a difference. (Corny, I know XD) Our purpose is to help the kids from Uganda. Every war has an end and everyone deserves a better life. ^_^ Yeah....^^;;

You people who are looking at this thread better be reading EVERYTHING I posted.
:x

Click here to enter Invisible Children site for more info.

You can also watch some documentaries of Invisible Children on YouTube.

Invisible Children Film Teaser
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Re: Invisible Children

Post by Sasami Jurai »

This is the recent version of Invisible Children that was shown at school like two weeks ago: Click here. Bobby Bailey's so hot!
:love: :love: =P~ =P~ :love: :love:
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

Isn't advertising things against the rules of this site?
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

Yes it is Omega.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
[Batman]

Post by [Batman] »

Omega wrote:Isn't advertising things against the rules of this site?

Lykomgawdwtf, Dude.
She isn't advertising. Are you stupid?

She's telling us about the film Invisible Children.

Edit your UNNECESSARY post that has nothing to do with Invisible Children thread. =;

Lyk now. My gawd...

Zaraki, your post has nothing to do with this thread. Your comment, especially, is absolutely unfitting here.
You two are the cause of making awesome threads like this smeared with patheticness. You could at least send her a PM about this if you think that it's advertising. Or, maybe next time, READ what the person posted. That way, you won't embarass yourself like this again. Gawd.

I'm done.
:]
Sam (Nelly) is my friggen shweet wife.
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."
batman? mod? what?
Ikumi
Rookie Otaku

Post by Ikumi »

The film makes me cry! :cry:
...haha...
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Thanks for clarifying to those know-nothing spammers, Toast. =]

Ahem....
Anyway, what I've mentioned before on my starter post of this lovely thread isn't quite informative enough (excluding the links). There's a war in Uganda, and children get abducted by the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army).

Eh...screw that. :x

I'm copying and pasting from Wikipedia:

This article is about the film. For the related organization, see Invisible Children Inc.

Invisible Children: Rough Cut is a documentary recorded in 2003 based on the experiences of three college students (Jason Russell, Bobby Bailey, and Laren Poole) in Northern Uganda. The filmmakers are from San Diego, California in the United States. They went to the Sudan to 'find a story,' but ended up in northern Uganda where they found thousands of people affected by the insurgency of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA). The resulting story focuses on the war's effects on children, particularly child soldiers, referred to in the movie as Night Commuters.

They found that thousands of children flee their homes nightly in order to escape being abducted by the LRA. Children in Uganda are regularly abducted by these rebel soldiers to be trained as child soldiers. The children who run from their homes walk miles, often to cities like Gulu, to find shelter in hospitals or bus parks - virtually anywhere far away from rebel camps.

The filmmakers have also started a related nonprofit organization, called Invisible Children Inc., designed to help curb the problem. This is accomplished primarily by sending volunteers to Acholiland, the affected region in Northern Uganda, to aid former child-soldiers in re-integration into normal civic life through education and extensive psychological evaluation and treatment. It has been established in the United States and is currently involved with distributing copies of the Invisible Children DVD to as many people as possible.

Don't forget about the sites that I've posted. =D

Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Yeah! Invisible Children is an awesome film! =D

I am totally grateful that this thread was made! o.o;; More people should watch this film because the film is very inspiring. ^o^