What movies are you excited about?

Discussions about anything movie or television-related
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

Re: What movies are you excited about?

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

Okay. Anyways, there are a lot of good movies right now. Another one (which I sadly forgot to include) is Valentine's Day. All of the stars in that movie.... It's got to be at least a little funny. But I never want to see that movie "Avatar." It looks kind of stupid to me. Sorry to anybody who actually wants to see it, but that's just my opinion.
And what's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.
Whatever you say, I'm still taking your cake.
http://www.youtube.com/user/KawaiiGirl104/ Subscribe please!!!!
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

ShirayukiKuchiki wrote:Okay. Anyways, there are a lot of good movies right now. Another one (which I sadly forgot to include) is Valentine's Day. All of the stars in that movie.... It's got to be at least a little funny. But I never want to see that movie "Avatar." It looks kind of stupid to me. Sorry to anybody who actually wants to see it, but that's just my opinion.
Its a good movie. I'd advise putting aside your first thoughts and at least trying to see part of it. IMO, the movie really draws the audience in.

I thought it looked stupid at first too, honestly, because all the commercials were so everywhere and didn't really say anything about what the movie was about at first. After some of the later trailers, and a few good reviews from friends and such, I decided to see it. I don't regret it either. :D
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

Well, that's just me. I don't want to see Avatar because I don't. But Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel was pretty dang funny. Have you seen that one yet, Grell?
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Not yet. I'm more for the older cartoon version, myself. But I will probably see it at some point or another.

SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

ShirayukiKuchiki wrote:Well, that's just me. I don't want to see Avatar because I don't. But Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel was pretty dang funny. Have you seen that one yet, Grell?
Are you 12?
I'm serrious when i ask that. To use a reasoning statement like that, and then go and say you want to see a childs movie(I dont care if it is good or if its shite, it is a kids movie, meant for kids), causes me to think you must be a kid as well.

I'm also going the same was as Demy, I wont go to theaters for Squekquel, but i'll prolly bootleg it, or just wait until my grandparents buy it becuase they think its a "cute" movie.

Watch Avatar, flat format, in theaters. Watching it at home will never do it justice unless you have your own private theater.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

I don't want to see Avatar. And I saw the Squeakquel because my aunt's friend's kid wanted to see it. I was forced into the movie. I ended up thinking it was kind of funny but not near as funny as I thought it would be.
Pyro Psycho

Post by Pyro Psycho »

I wish I could have seen the squeakquel. I'm a Alvin and the chipmunks fan, like big time x3;;;
I want to go see that new Alice in wonderland movie though, looks aight.
i told yuo about stares dog
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

Alice in Wonderland looks awesome!! It's one of the only movies that looks good out right now. I guess Hollywood isn't as good as it used to be, huh? I guess I want to see that movie Cop Out. It looks kind of funny now.
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

I'm not digging Cop Out. A lot of the comedy based movies just aren't appealing to me anymore. As for other movies, well, I'm not exactly amused with what I'm hearing.

A) I want to see Clash of the Titans, because I'm a HUGE fan of the original movie, but I'm worried that its going to end up being junk compared to the original.

B: I've heard that they're remaking the Karate Kid only with a black kid and Jackie Chan as Mr. Miyagi. Please shoot me now if this is the truth. I don't want to see Jackie Chan try to do Mr. Miyagi. I am expecting fail with this remake.

C- Can anyone tell me if they're remaking Ghostbusters? I've been seeing all this new merchandise, and a new game, etc. Someone told me it was just because of the anniversary, but I'm not so sure. /me too lazy to look it up herself.

SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

they arent redoing ghostbusters, that i know of. I think most of the merch is from the new ghostbusters game that was released, like, half a year ago?

AS for the Alice movie, it looks like its supposed to be a movie of the second book, which i like. I should be watching it this saturday :)

If they remake Karate kid with Jacki chan as Miyagi, they will fail ><
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Rosalia W. Cheetah
Uber Otaku

Post by Rosalia W. Cheetah »

I was so excited to learn that another Mituzaki movie was coming (sorry for the mispelling of his name if I had), 'Ponyo'. I bought the movie, and can I say that, in my opinion, it was worth the money. ^_^
Anywho, onto something that's already being discussed... The 'Alice in Wonderland' looks good, but obviously, I'll need to watch the movie before passing judgement, lol. I've heard from some friends say that it really is as good as I might think it to be. How says you, Sasszain??
If anyone is willing, please send tips on how to animate -

I believe I will begin the project of creating episodes based on the book series 'Acorna the Unicorn Girl'.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

It was fantastical!!!
You mustn't go in expecting a remake. Because it isnt. Its the second book~ And verily well done!!
I can't personaly attest for the 3D being any good or not, Though i have been told it is good. Then again, I was told Avatar in 3D was great, and it turned out to be quite shite in comparison to the 2D.
Mik3

Post by Mik3 »

Well the Karate kid is going to be played by Will Smith's son Jaden. I have no beef with will or his son, because Jaden is a good actor for his age, but they changed so much about Karate kid. Its in china, and hes not learning karate, hes learning kung fu. And how old is Jaden, like 12? Why the [censored] does every movie need to get remade.

Im excited to see clash of the titans since there hasn't really been any good action movies this year.
I remembered my password.
Tailtiu
Mobile Suit Otaku
Location: A dorm room usually; occasionally (read- when I have classes) the Nursing Bldg

Post by Tailtiu »

I'm really excited that my bf and I are going to go see 'How to Train Your Dragon' tonight. Kids movie? Yes. Do I care? No!
<3 life
Ace
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Ace »

KICKASS looks decently........ wait for it....... kickass
~ Something something........ yeah~
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/EZedd/kazu.png
~ Kazu x Emily fan <3
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Yeah, i've been waiting for Kickass since like, middle of last year. sounds like the Karate Kid Remake is just gonna be a failfest.. :(
that new dragon movie does look fun though. Reminds me of that one movie about the hunchback that makes a monster. Good flick that was.