Twilight

Discussions about anything movie or television-related
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Re: Twilight

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Zyuuzu Jaggerjack wrote:My bro said the movie sucked something fierce. I myself have yet to see Twilight or read the books so I really have no say so but sheesh man, my bro said the vampires had no weakness, they glittered like fairies, the movie had one fight scene...not sure is that's a spoiler or not. Sorry if it is, but the way he explained it made it seem totally stupid, which I guess isn't the case, right? ^_^
Go watch it. If you haven't read the book series, then that's awesome 'cause the only reason Twilight (book series) fans hate the movie is they expect the movie to go exactly as the book. People need to recognize the movie as the movie itself and perhaps even disconnect the relationship, in mind, between the movie and the book. This movie is one of the best movie I've ever seen. People don't see that because they get distracted by certain standards that they have their mind set for the movie; They love the book series too much to let anything inspired by it (the movie, in this case), to not go exactly as the book's plots and what-not. That's just messed up. Those fans need to learn to really enjoy the movie for itself. Love the movie for what it is and how great of quality the movie possesses, and pretend it has nothing to do with the book while you're watching it. :mrgreen:
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

I've seen some scenes, and for a big-production movie, everything sucks. Edward and Bella acted OK, but what I'v seen for evryone else, they're just in the background. The effects are poor for such a movie.

I'm going to see "Let the Right Ones In" when it comes to the U.S for my vampire fix, kthanx. :-" =;
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Tyche wrote:I've seen some scenes, and for a big-production movie, everything sucks. Edward and Bella acted OK, but what I'v seen for evryone else, they're just in the background. The effects are poor for such a movie.

I'm going to see "Let the Right Ones In" when it comes to the U.S for my vampire fix, kthanx. :-" =;
Have you even seen movie? Trust me, I saw the preview/trailer and it was eh. In your case, I would have to say that the scenes compile into something awesome overall. I, however, loved every scene. When I saw the movie, I was like WHOA... AMAZING!!. I don't know how to explain your eh-whatever for the scenes you've seen. Watch the movie, Sarah-la! It's really worth it! :wink: :mrgreen: It's totally different from what you're expecting. I hope you're like me.. If you're not gonna see it, it's fine. At least I saw the movie twice and I really, really enjoyed it. I wanna see it the third time!

Oh, and I thought the selection of the whole cast and everybody's acting were PERFECT! The effects were good, too. Like I said, you'll have to watch the movie to really know.

Watch the movie and then post your feedback on here!

That is all I have to say to you about it.
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

Lol, Sas, calm down, there is still the possibility of someone watching the movie and disassociating it from the books, but still not liking it.
Since when does something have to make sense to be logical?
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Rage wrote:Lol, Sas, calm down, there is still the possibility of someone watching the movie and disassociating it from the books, but still not liking it.
Yeah, I know, and that would be his or her problem then.
Zyuuzu Jaggerjack
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Zyuuzu Jaggerjack »

Twilight...kids lining themselves up and down the block for the book and movie releases. Reminds me of Harry Potter, heh. I don't really have any plans to read Twilight but the movie might be another story...though glittering vampires seems kinda cheesy, IF they actually did glitter. ^_^
Colette Is My Waifu! My smexy, beautiful waifu ^_^
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Zyuuzu Jaggerjack wrote:Twilight...kids lining themselves up and down the block for the book and movie releases. Reminds me of Harry Potter, heh. I don't really have any plans to read Twilight but the movie might be another story...though glittering vampires seems kinda cheesy, IF they actually did glitter. ^_^
Haha, go watch it and you'll find out. :mrgreen:
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

I will then!
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Rage wrote:I will then!
Good! :D \:D/ \:D/ I'm happy for you.. and for me, too. :mrgreen:
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

Be happy for us dummy. :heh:
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Might go see not really sure if I will. I do keep hereing it's good.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

three friends and I are going to go see it on Saturday, I've heard its a chick flick, that true?
High wire escape artist
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

perpetualsorrowX wrote:three friends and I are going to go see it on Saturday, I've heard its a chick flick, that true?
The book and movie's target auduence are teenage girls, so I guess it is a chick flick since it's vampire romance.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

meh, what do I care.....I'm not paying for the tickets, so what the heck, free movie =D
High wire escape artist
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

perpetualsorrowX wrote:three friends and I are going to go see it on Saturday, I've heard its a chick flick, that true?
Well, yeah, it's a "chick flick", in a sense. Not cliche, though. It's worth watching.
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

Actually it's very cliched, but Kristen Stewart is a likeable heroine, she keeps it from being too corny.