Dragonball Evolution

Discussions about anything movie or television-related
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Re: Dragonball Evolution

Post by Grell »

Both my friend and I agree that if there's no Nappa, it will be very disappointing... And they HAVE to have the scene where Vegeta goes "ITS OVER NINE THOUUUUUSSAANNNND!"
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

Lol That part was funny in the anime.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Its got to be one of the most parodied parts of DBZ ever.

Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I saw it, and surprisingly it wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be, but that's not to say that it couldn't have been much better.

It was waaaay too kiddie, wasn't long enough, and they shouldn't have made everything realistic.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

The kamehameha wave was dumb looking. Especially when he flew into the air.

Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

I had a thought that people will be saying that it isn't that bad.

I have noticed that all the DBZ movies have been short.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Dreaming Awake wrote:The kamehameha wave was dumb looking. Especially when he flew into the air.

Yeah it was, but there isn't much they could do, they really couldn't do a solid beam because that would be stupid.

Second, during that part this little kid, couldn't be more than 5 or 6 was like

O

MY

God.

It was funny as hell.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

LOL

You know, I didn't really notice it until Sparx brought it up, but yeah, it was pretty short, wasn't it? :-k

Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

85 minutes. Which really messed with the pacing of the movie.
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Yeah, it was decent enough with the pacing to begin with, but then it seemed like everything was happening all at once.

Clamato
Master Otaku

Post by Clamato »

Being one that has seen the entire series along with GT I did not want to be disappointed so im waiting for the dvd release to rent it on netflix or simply download it. As to Sparx's comment about the movies being short There is a major different, one is live action while the rest remain animated and you would think they could do a better job with animation than they could do with a live action film, that's why I wished they would have made the movie in CG along with various special effects that of "Advent Children" I am sure if they did that it would have been more of a hit.
Clamato
Master Otaku

Post by Clamato »

Dreaming Awake wrote:Both my friend and I agree that if there's no Nappa, it will be very disappointing... And they HAVE to have the scene where Vegeta goes "ITS OVER NINE THOUUUUUSSAANNNND!"

And this is an age old funny. Rather old at the moment but still enjoyable.
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Clamato wrote:Being one that has seen the entire series along with GT I did not want to be disappointed so im waiting for the dvd release to rent it on netflix or simply download it. As to Sparx's comment about the movies being short There is a major different, one is live action while the rest remain animated and you would think they could do a better job with animation than they could do with a live action film, that's why I wished they would have made the movie in CG along with various special effects that of "Advent Children" I am sure if they did that it would have been more of a hit.
Hollywood isn't known for its use of CG for entire movies. They use it alot in combo with live actors, but American directors are just too damn stupid. And I think since they're releasing Astro Boy in CG, they didn't want to start spitting out CG movies left and right.

CG is great for FF, honestly, it is. But for something like Dragonball, I can see where they'd want to try using live actors. Unfortunately, a big part of why this movie failed was that they [censored] the story over and didn't want to spend a whole lot of time actually filming a decent movie. The only reason it has Dragonball in the title is so that they can market it to a younger crowd that knows jackshit about the actual Dragonball series.

Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yami Haga-Ryuzaki »

My friend and I decided to see this movie to conduct an experiment. She, someone who had loved the anime and I, someone who hadn't loved the anime both went to see it together.

We both hated it.

I couldn't get into it, and it felt really, really corny. Also it was very predictable, and we had the joy of watching people leave halfway through because of how it was going. The fact that it started in a highschool seemed to kill it right off the bat for me, especially when they did it wrong.

My friend didn't like it because "those aren't the characters". She doesn't talk much so I couldn't get a lot else out of her.

I was disappointed due to the lack of Krillin, and she wanted some Vegeta. Both of us were disappointed, but we stuck it out to the end. The only thing I really learned was that they're making an Astro Boy movie and we both cracked up. They're milking anime for what it's worth, that's for sure.
I wish to the starry sky, I pray to the Earth
and swear to a love that will not fade.
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

Yami Haga-Ryuzaki wrote:My friend and I decided to see this movie to conduct an experiment. She, someone who had loved the anime and I, someone who hadn't loved the anime both went to see it together.

We both hated it.

I couldn't get into it, and it felt really, really corny. Also it was very predictable, and we had the joy of watching people leave halfway through because of how it was going. The fact that it started in a highschool seemed to kill it right off the bat for me, especially when they did it wrong.

My friend didn't like it because "those aren't the characters". She doesn't talk much so I couldn't get a lot else out of her.

I was disappointed due to the lack of Krillin, and she wanted some Vegeta. Both of us were disappointed, but we stuck it out to the end. The only thing I really learned was that they're making an Astro Boy movie and we both cracked up. They're milking anime for what it's worth, that's for sure.
Indeed, howvever it is Astro Boy after all and is a "legebdary manga" (at least in many people's eyes). Well about DBE...man was it corny...I just couldn't accept a lot of things (like Goku going to high school). Well at least I'm not one of those fans who keep yelling "The ruined my childhood!" mainly because DB and DBZ wasn't my childhood that belones something else and I hope hollywood never does try to make it into a movie (remembers false trailer starring Van Diesel)
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

its was shite <,<
Worst part = When Master Roshi used the Kamehameha wave on Goku to revive him.. I'm sorry, but, that woulda killed him....
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket