Discussions about anything movie or television-related
Uta
Rookie Otaku

Re: Avatar

Post by Uta »

It's not my cup of tea, honestly. I respect that others like the visuals and what not, but I believe that it just makes it the worlds most expensive screen saver. I remember seeing the trailers and chuckling to myself that I was sure this piece of crap would tank.

A lot of people go to movies for escapism, but I prefer plots where everyone is miserable. As Kurt Vonnegut once said "Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of." I would have been so happy with the movie if it looked like everything was going to be boring and cliche, then in the end all of the navi's would eat Jake. Then there would be some dialogue about how much more noble the natives are than regular civilizations in closing. Yay moral ambiguity.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

that.. would definately make it a lot less like ferngully lol
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Yamasachihiko
Master Otaku

Post by Yamasachihiko »

I'll be the first to admit I have really got into movies/books/anime etc before, But why would anyone in sound mind (not illness) be suicidal after watching a certain movie? It surprises me how somebody can think that their life is so bad and want to off them self, but someone that has a life worst than theirs and doesn’t think its bad and wants to live.

How many see's the word Avatar and thinks "air bender"? :-k
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

a lot of people XD
if only the airbender movie was done HALF as good as Avatar.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Yamasachihiko
Master Otaku

Post by Yamasachihiko »

if only the airbender movie was done HALF as good as Avatar.[/quote]

“Ladies and gentlemen in this M Night Shyamalan adaptation of “Avatar the last air bender” Appa will be reveled as Aang's father... enjoy! “ I would not have been surprised if it had been like that with Shyamalan’s "what a twist!!" complex. 8)
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

i cant stop laughing XDD :lol:
micheldell
Baka Otaku

Post by micheldell »

Avatar is very investment in money also most price able picture it. Also to picture is animation to make it. Most expensive movie in Hollywood. But India and UK very famous all the part in picture in it. So very successful business Hollywood and Bollywood.
Yamasachihiko
Master Otaku

Post by Yamasachihiko »

:roll:

Bot talk:"Sandwich is good for the satisfaction from the hunger. chips also edible that good be them eating by delicious persons."

Real Human:"Umm.. O.K. then?"
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

I just saw it for the first time and I rather enjoyed it.

I enjoy it almost just as an exercise in pushing technology.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

the bots play on AA more than we do nowadays XD
chloe01
Newbie Otaku

Post by chloe01 »

well this movie is okay..
i don't find any x-factor in this movie..
SadPanda
Baka Otaku

Post by SadPanda »

avatar has cool graphics. story-wise its eh.. basic. but in terms of popcorn cinema, hard to beat.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." --Oscar Wilde

Anime series I'm following
RupertVanwormer
Baka Otaku

Post by RupertVanwormer »

This is a must see the film, innovative and extraordinary. I think it will be considered by most film fans as a new milestone in the history of art. The level of realism achieved is remarkable, and though the film is relatively long in real time, whose enthusiasm and attract public attention to the final.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Yamasachihiko wrote::roll:

Bot talk:"Sandwich is good for the satisfaction from the hunger. chips also edible that good be them eating by delicious persons."

Real Human:"Umm.. O.K. then?"
lol
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
rickenjohny
Baka Otaku

Post by rickenjohny »

Avtar is a happy story, craft and visual possibilities cinema. Cameron put his sights to the techniques the film before, no one went. Him. Picture is amazing.