The Vampire Diaries

Discussions about anything movie or television-related
MARS4
Mobile Suit Otaku

The Vampire Diaries

Post by MARS4 »

"I'm in shock. Shock!" (Casablanca) ..... that there is no thread about Vampire Diaries. (I did the search-thing, and nothing came up, so I assume I can post this.)

My married friends got me introduced to it around March of this year, and I was a little interested in it. Originally, I wanted nothing to do with it, because it seemed like a spin-off of Twilight. Little did I know, it was based off a book series(and correct me if I'm wrong, but it was before Twilight was even thought up). Then I got to watch another episode in sometime in April. Then I saw episode 7 or 8 and I got completely lost. Anyway, my friends got the complete first season DVD set, and I watched all 22 episodes in 2 days. lol. Yeah, it's addicting. I have watched part of the second season now, but they're taking a break, and a new episode will not be released til late January. CURSES! I don't think I'll survive til then. Lol!

Are any of you into that show, or have read the books? Which do you like best?(I'll borrow those from from friends eventually) I've heard it's much different in a few ways(the show & books).
Who are you favorite characters in it? What is your favorite episode? What about it do you like compared to Twilight, or not like? Let it all out here! =D

So far, season two has been...... a bit graphic. o_O I do not remember there being this much blood in the first season. All of a sudden this second season. It seems like every episode(so far) has someone getting their head chopped off or are all scabby and blood all over their body or face.

Who are your favorite couples?! I hope things work out with Caroline & Tyler. Even though it's forbidden love, they'd still be so cute for each other. Caroline has matured SO much and it's so sweet seeing her care for Tyler so much!! <3 <3
<3..*~Team Jacob or Team Edward. Seriously? I don't even have to think about it... I'm Team Damon. :] *~..<3
I'm a Bohunk, and I survive Minnesota winters. so don't fudge with me! =D
Thank you, and have a wonderful day.
chloe01
Newbie Otaku

Re: The Vampire Diaries

Post by chloe01 »

Well i don't like to watch this show... Rather than vampire diaries i prefer true blood.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

I tried watching about five episodes or so, but I just couldn't get into it. Just seemed to lack ferociousness. But then, I didn't really enjoy the Twilight movies either. I much prefer True Blood.
RupertVanwormer
Baka Otaku

Post by RupertVanwormer »

If Vampire Journal had abandoned the "true video" senseless and included a kind of moral center, it would be a very good movie. As it is, Vampire Diary is a film that is problematic in several steps over smaller budget film. If you're a fan of vampires, you'll probably love it.
MARS4
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by MARS4 »

webmaster wrote:I tried watching about five episodes or so, but I just couldn't get into it. Just seemed to lack ferociousness. But then, I didn't really enjoy the Twilight movies either. I much prefer True Blood.
Oh, trust me, the second season has lots more action/blood/drama. But I understand :3 Sadly, I've never watched True Blood. D:
<3..*~Team Jacob or Team Edward. Seriously? I don't even have to think about it... I'm Team Damon. :] *~..<3
I'm a Bohunk, and I survive Minnesota winters. so don't fudge with me! =D
Thank you, and have a wonderful day.