Rock vs. Rap

Discussions about anything music-related.
Joe Budden
Master Otaku

re: Rock vs. Rap

Post by Joe Budden »

Hey Sushigirl,if you want to listen to good and real rap listen to artists such as Wu-Tang Clan,Raekwon,Afu-Ra and Nas. They all are good, and their influences and what they like most is Asian culture. You should also listen to Kangta. And btw, you wouldn't have Rock if you didn't have Jazz,Blues and Funk music. Rap was started by Reggae, not Rock. All music are great genres, so listen to what you like best and be who you are. Thats all were trying to say. The topic title should be Real Music with Talent vs Mainstream Music. Do you agree,Sushigirl??? Because the topic title is talking about all music with real talent. Do you agree???
Long as they parish forever what freedom means to me-Nas
Sushigirl
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sushigirl »

hmm i think so but we are juss talking about which on YOU like not which one is good and which one is bad
*~she tied you to a kitchen chair, she broke your throne, she cut your hair, and from your lips she drew the hallelujah~*
Pyro Psycho

Re: Rock vs. Rap

Post by Pyro Psycho »

Shinmeiryuu wrote:I like a little bit of all kinds of music. The genre of music that I lean more to, though, is Rock.

In my opinion, I don't think that rap and rock should conflict each other, or that anyone should veiw them in a way that would suggest that. It's all music, man, can't the genre's just live in peace?

Anyway, I'd have to agree with what Jiraiya is saying; Rock did in fact originate from the old black soul and blues music (Which I like, BTW, it's good music).
Yeap and the only good music. Now rap is depressing......imagine our economy in a few years because of the music now.....and dont let anyone tell you music doesnt effect the economy. Oh it does....
i told yuo about stares dog
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Re: re: Rock vs. Rap

Post by Lestat69_99 »

Nas Escobar wrote:Hey Sushigirl,if you want to listen to good and real rap listen to artists such as Wu-Tang Clan,Raekwon,Afu-Ra and Nas. They all are good, and their influences and what they like most is Asian culture. You should also listen to Kangta. And btw, you wouldn't have Rock if you didn't have Jazz,Blues and Funk music. Rap was started by Reggae, not Rock. All music are great genres, so listen to what you like best and be who you are. Thats all were trying to say. The topic title should be Real Music with Talent vs Mainstream Music. Do you agree,Sushigirl??? Because the topic title is talking about all music with real talent. Do you agree???
Actually you are off alittle bit. Funk had NOTHING to do with rock... The style origins are from Blues and Country music...

And to talk about real Rap you need to talk about Run D.M.C. or Wrexx N'Effect. The artists you talk about don't count....
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
Sushigirl
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sushigirl »

i don't see what the origins have to do with weather you likeit or not....
*~she tied you to a kitchen chair, she broke your throne, she cut your hair, and from your lips she drew the hallelujah~*
Joe Budden
Master Otaku

Re: Rock vs. Rap

Post by Joe Budden »

Homunculus Envy wrote:
Shinmeiryuu wrote:I like a little bit of all kinds of music. The genre of music that I lean more to, though, is Rock.

In my opinion, I don't think that rap and rock should conflict each other, or that anyone should veiw them in a way that would suggest that. It's all music, man, can't the genre's just live in peace?

Anyway, I'd have to agree with what Jiraiya is saying; Rock did in fact originate from the old black soul and blues music (Which I like, BTW, it's good music).
Yeap and the only good music. Now rap is depressing......imagine our economy in a few years because of the music now.....and dont let anyone tell you music doesnt effect the economy. Oh it does....

That is an ignorant and rude statement. Music has nothing to do with the economy. Oh and I agree with Shin, the genres should live in peace. And to answer your question Lestat, all the real ones are Run-DMC,Public Enemy,Beastie Boys, and many others. the blues and soul started all your rock and metal music. Music of America was started by the same people. So why not close this topic and live in peace instead of arguing over a form of art?? Why can't we all just get along???
Long as they parish forever what freedom means to me-Nas
Sushigirl
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sushigirl »

Woot to the getting along