Fall Out Boy, anyone?

Discussions about anything music-related.
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

re: Fall Out Boy, anyone?

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

music is about 2 things.

the music itself
the money.

you NEVER become successful with wanting atleast one. and the £/$ is the one most go for. there are very few bands who want to be in it solely for the music, and money is just a bonus.

anyway, BOT, i like Fall Out Boy, but it annoys me when peeps say Panic! stole their sound. did they [enter a long trail of swears]

if anything, Panic! stole the sound from Dresden Dolls (anyone who knows Caberet punk knows this)

the reason WHY they sound alike?

THEY'RE ON THE SAME RECORD LABEL!!!!!

Fuelled By Ramen, started by Vinnie and Roger from Less Than Jake. thats why they sound similar, but they dont, if you ask me. FOB have a pop-punk sound, where as Panic! has a caberet-trance-emo punk sound. completley different if you know your stuff, like moi, similar if your a n00b.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

As far as I felt like reading, I didn't see anyone here even mention Panic!At the Disco

And no, selling out, or as Sell Out Boy calls it, buying in, isn't the same as wanting to make money. Look at My Chemical Romance, just like Fall Out Boy in popularity, but unlike our good friend Pete, Gerard didn't sell out to the emo crowd.They're still the same My Chemical Romance and heres something new, instead of drifting away from what we first fell in love with MCR about, they sound similar to their first cd without being the same. Whats the difference here?
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Nu187KokeMule
Rookie Otaku

Post by Nu187KokeMule »

As my good man Mike of Senses Fail and Knights in Paris said:

"Money can only sell a band so much. It may get some people to buy an album because they heard some song on a radio station or saw a commercial on tv, but I also think people can see through the bs and know when something is fake. Bands need to start doing things for themselves again, because they love the music they're writing, because it's what they love, not because it's the popular music of the time. Once this starts happening, things will change."

As the other Messiah said, you can very well make money and still be an awesome band that inspires and ignites that passion inside that makes you want to change the world. That feeling of you against the world, knowing you'll come out on top. Sell Out Boy took the easy way out. They started strong, but in the end they chose fashion and fame over heartfelt songs.

Look at Bright Eyes. They're a kick ass band that have more fans than most mainstream artists, yet stay on an Indie label. They could be plastered all over MTV and the radio, but they aren't. That kind of genuine sincerity shines through in the music and let's the fans know that bands need us, just as much as we need them.

Did you notice how if Gerard shaved his head, he'd look exactly like Billy Corgan? OMFG! Billy Corgan and Gerard are the same person! I've figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta look at him face to face and violent beat his ass!
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Re: re: Fall Out Boy, anyone?

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

Zero Messiah wrote: As far as I felt like reading, I didn't see anyone here even mention Panic!At the Disco

And no, selling out, or as Sell Out Boy calls it, buying in, isn't the same as wanting to make money. Look at My Chemical Romance, just like Fall Out Boy in popularity, but unlike our good friend Pete, Gerard didn't sell out to the emo crowd.They're still the same My Chemical Romance and heres something new, instead of drifting away from what we first fell in love with MCR about, they sound similar to their first cd without being the same. Whats the difference here?

no one may have mentioned it on this thread, but, on other FOB threads, they have, and its been doin my tree in.

oh, and, Animaniac, Dance Dance isnt their first song. their first commercial release was "Grand Theft Autumn/Where Has Your Boy Gone?

Dance Dance was the second single from their Sophomore album, "From Under The Cork Tree."

i prefer it to "Take This To Your Grave." i couldn't get into that album. and i'm still to listen to their latest, despite having it on my MP3
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Puppy
Mobile Suit Otaku

Re: Fall Out Boy, anyone?

Post by Puppy »

I love fall out boy,i listen to dance dance and sugar we're goin down. :mrgreen:
iRawr.
Sinsei
Master Otaku

Post by Sinsei »

All of FOB's songs are great. FOB ftw :]
The life that conquers is the life that moves with a steady resolution and persistence toward a predetermined goal.Those who succeed are those who have thoroughly learned the immense importance of plan in life,and the tragic brevity of time. -W.J Davison
Dio Brando
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Dio Brando »

I hate them with a burning passion that is only surpassed by my hatred for Dragonforce and Winger.

I lost faith in humanity when I heard their cover of Pantera's "Walk". Worst [censored] cover ever. I'd rather listen to all of the shitty "Smells Like Teen Spirit" covers played in school talent shows than Pete Wentz & Co. spit on Dime's grave like that again
R.I.P. Billy Mays: 1958-2009
Goodnight Sweet Prince
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Eh, I like them.
Not the best out there though.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.