Page 5 of 5

Re: Musical instruments

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 7:28pm
by Dio Brando
I used to play the saxophone and some piano. Now I mainly do guitar and vocals

As for inspiration for my singing, I'd say my biggest ones are Scott Weiland (singer of Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver) and Layne Staley (Alice in Chains), but minus the drugs.

For guitar, it's a little hard to pinpoint because my constantly changing style.

Re: Musical instruments

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 3:06am
by + тнє ѕαιηт +
lol aww, why does everyone always have to minus the drugs...

Re: Musical instruments

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 6:33am
by Dio Brando
perpetualsorrowX wrote:lol aww, why does everyone always have to minus the drugs...
Eh, pot is fine (I do smoke weed on occasion), but not heroin or anything like that. As for why I don't like drugs, well there's no finer examples of how bad drugs can be than the 2 guys I mentioned. Layne Staley died of an overdose, and Scott Weiland has been constantly going in and out of rehab and jail for 15 years.

Re: Musical instruments

Posted: Dec 08, 2008 1:26pm
by Sasami Jurai
I've been playing the piano since I was 6. :mrgreen:

*le sighs* However,... I stopped "officially" playin' since I was 14. My grand piano's right next to my computer, but I usually ignore it...

Re: Musical instruments

Posted: Dec 08, 2008 3:37pm
by Dretlin
Sasami Jurai wrote:I've been playing the piano since I was 6. :mrgreen:

*le sighs* However,... I stopped "officially" playin' since I was 14. My grand piano's right next to my computer, but I usually ignore it...
Why!? :|

Re: Musical instruments

Posted: Dec 08, 2008 3:44pm
by Sasami Jurai
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Sasami Jurai wrote:I've been playing the piano since I was 6. :mrgreen:

*le sighs* However,... I stopped "officially" playin' since I was 14. My grand piano's right next to my computer, but I usually ignore it...
Why!? :|
High school came more schoolwork -- that was why! After finals next week I'll probably start playing my piano again. I can't wait. ^o^

Re: Musical instruments

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 5:06pm
by Dretlin
Sasami Jurai wrote:
+:D.Ř.Ę.Ŧ.Ļ.Ĭ .N:+ wrote:
Sasami Jurai wrote:I've been playing the piano since I was 6. :mrgreen:

*le sighs* However,... I stopped "officially" playin' since I was 14. My grand piano's right next to my computer, but I usually ignore it...
Why!? :|
High school came more schoolwork -- that was why! After finals next week I'll probably start playing my piano again. I can't wait. ^o^
Through my entire life I have always found time to play - you should do the same. [-(

My profession however is that, so I am probably a bad example.

Re: Musical instruments

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 7:19pm
by Sasami Jurai
Nah, I'm just terrible at balancing my schedule.
](*,) ](*,)

Re: Musical instruments

Posted: Dec 21, 2008 6:29pm
by James Kai
James will admit he's a band geek.
I play Flute, alto sax and trombone.
I've also played the piano for 5 years but when I was younger...I can play some things now, not a lot.

I like the flute because of the complexity of the music (32nd note runs are fun as hell *stops being band geek*)
alto sax I learned for Marching Band.
I had to learn from flute to a brass instrument in about 5 months for Marching band and I nailed it...I really like the trombone sound...my sound isn't THAT great ._.;; I like trombone sound in general, mines is decent, needs more refining...

Asian stereotype here in Hawaii is that most Asians are into band or soccer, and that they've all played piano at least a year in their lives XD