J-POp?

Discussions about anything music-related.
Alexiel Strife
Mobile Suit Otaku

J-POp?

Post by Alexiel Strife »

I'm having a problem. Do to a comment that my friend made I have been questioning my taste in music. He said that j-pop is only cool because we don't understand half the time what they are talking about. I need to know if he is making a good point or not.
here to prove what justice is
Persiaisis
Absolute Otaku

Re: J-POp?

Post by Persiaisis »

its cool because you like it and no one else understands why
http://groups.myspace.com/absoluteanimerox
check out AA's myspace group
chii
Newbie Otaku

Post by chii »

J-pop is cool for many reasons. The music is what attracted me. The fact that you may not understand what they are saying at times bothers me occasionally, but I get over it. J-pop is cool because you like it, I guess xD
\m/
Ryukon
Uber Otaku

Post by Ryukon »

Your interests and tastes are you're own. You like it. That's about all that matters, doesn't it? This is you after all.

I kind of don't really understand what some songs are, even in English, and when I actually listen to it, I still like it.
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

i like it because, it doesnt sound like the pop we have in the west. if i had to pick eastern or western pop, eastern wins. mainly because the singers can SING.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Persiaisis
Absolute Otaku

Post by Persiaisis »

i think that just about all japanese singers sound sing really high. a few ppl sing low
chii
Newbie Otaku

Post by chii »

Loyal Dark Angel wrote:i think that just about all japanese singers sound sing really high. a few ppl sing low

Alot of Japanese singers sing low, it's just that most of them don't get the spotlight :lol:
\m/
Persiaisis
Absolute Otaku

Post by Persiaisis »

chii wrote:
Loyal Dark Angel wrote:i think that just about all japanese singers sound sing really high. a few ppl sing low

Alot of Japanese singers sing low, it's just that most of them don't get the spotlight :lol:

for some reason you have to sound like a hamster sucking on helium to be well known. even some guys sound like girls
chii
Newbie Otaku

Post by chii »

Loyal Dark Angel wrote:
chii wrote:

for some reason you have to sound like a hamster sucking on helium to be well known. even some guys sound like girls

LMAO XD a few of the artists I like sing high-pitched, but most of the time I listen to the music instead of the person who's singing. it works sometimes :lol:
\m/
Alexiel Strife
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Alexiel Strife »

alright thanks everyone :D
here to prove what justice is
gogirlanime
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by gogirlanime »

Alexiel Strife wrote:I'm having a problem. Do to a comment that my friend made I have been questioning my taste in music. He said that j-pop is only cool because we don't understand half the time what they are talking about. I need to know if he is making a good point or not.
This is true, before I understood Japanese that was half the fun of J-music for me, was just the exotic sound of a different language, to this day I still love it when I listen to Korean, Chinese, Spanish, and other languages. But I would also say that the Japanese style of music is quite different from American music, the Japanese like techno-like music much more in their pop culture than America, and that's what I like. They are also big fans of crazy rock and trance music which is what I like. American music is such a turn off for me now, cuz so many of these upcomming female pop artists sound so much the same to me
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
~阿裏須~¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸.•*¨)