Voltaire

Discussions about anything music-related.
Kuroi Shinzou
Full Metal Otaku

Voltaire

Post by Kuroi Shinzou »

the gothic renaissance man with a gypsy pirate band.

well, Voltaire has a new CD coming out soon, by the name of ooky spooky, and i was wondering if he has any fans, other than me, on AA.

alot of you cartoon network watchers would probably know him for the song "brains!" from the grim adventures of billy and mandy.

voltaire does gothic and gothic satire music, mostly acoustic. he also does alot of art, specifically graphic novels, even more specifically the "deady" series...never read any of it myself though...yet. he also does/did alot of stop motion filming, in fact he's a professor at a new york collage teaching stop motion film making.
<>Bleach 101 army<> -Lieutenant General(***)陸軍中将 Rikugun Chūjō

I'm neutral evil...that means i wont actively try to burn your town down, but if i walk by and its already on fire...well, i'm gonna eat some marshmellows.
La Tua Cantante
Absolute Otaku

Re: Voltaire

Post by La Tua Cantante »

DUDE NO WAY!!! HE SINGS BRAINS!!! :shock: o.o I love that song. :mrgreen:

Kudos to him, I'll check him out.
I want your lungs to stop working without me.
<3Love has no limits
CRISis
Full Metal Otaku

Post by CRISis »

Voltaire did an amazing job at doing a cover of Love Song by The Cure. His music is also quite unique. Not unique in a bad sort of way. No, I find his music to be fantastic! My 3 favorite songs by him would have to be 1. When you’re Evil 2.Feathery Wings 3. Goodnight Demon Slayer.

I'm a Fan of his, so you aren't the only one ^^
In music and dance, I express myself as a member of a higher community. I have forgotten how to walk, and speak, and my soul hovers into the rave.
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

First time i have heard the band, XD.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
CRISis
Full Metal Otaku

Post by CRISis »

Really? You should try to listen to him. Maybe try When You’re Evil or The Man Upstairs. ^^
In music and dance, I express myself as a member of a higher community. I have forgotten how to walk, and speak, and my soul hovers into the rave.
Kuroi Shinzou
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Kuroi Shinzou »

Whispering Fool wrote:Voltaire did an amazing job at doing a cover of Love Song by The Cure. His music is also quite unique. Not unique in a bad sort of way. No, I find his music to be fantastic! My 3 favorite songs by him would have to be 1. When you’re Evil 2.Feathery Wings 3. Goodnight Demon Slayer.

I'm a Fan of his, so you aren't the only one ^^
feathery wings IS a great song, and goodnight demon slayer was my favorite song when i first started listening to him. now i esspecially like the songs "the last word" and "almost human" and as always "if only i were a goth" is one of the best way to bring my mood up.

so, whispering fool, how'd you learn about voltaire?

I'm neutral evil...that means i wont actively try to burn your town down, but if i walk by and its already on fire...well, i'm gonna eat some marshmellows.
CRISis
Full Metal Otaku

Post by CRISis »

I learned about Voltaire by accident. I found his book and was interested by the title so I got it. I read it and wanted to find out more about him. I then found out he sang, and that he had made a cover of a song by The Cure. So I went and found the song. I liked it, and since then I've been a fan.

What about you?
Kuroi Shinzou
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Kuroi Shinzou »

heh, accident too, i was looking for skits form the anime convention by my house and one of them had his song "when your evil" on it (a naruto one with itachi as the character singing) and the tune got stuck in my head so i went looking for it, and ever since then i've really like all his music.

CRISis
Full Metal Otaku

Post by CRISis »

Wow. I guess that Voltaire is best found by accident. Lol. So "When You're Evil" was your first song then. Nice. Have you read any of his comic books?
Kuroi Shinzou
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Kuroi Shinzou »

no, i've been really wanting too, but i cant find/afford them right now, when i get a job soon i'll probably pick some up and most definatly one of his books.

CRISis
Full Metal Otaku

Post by CRISis »

"What Is Goth" is such a funny book. You try to find it or something. ^^ He has great/funny dance moves in it too. My friends and I always laugh at them.