Your Favorite Genre

Discussions about anything music-related.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Re: Your Favorite Genre

Post by Kitty »

Shining Star wrote:
Kitty wrote:I can't stand Heavy Metal.. It's so stupid! Whats the point in screaming into the friggen microphone when nobody can understand you?
um thats not all heavy metal is..i should know its my favorite genre. and you listen to alot of it as well.
I don't listen to heavy metal. I listen to metal and rock.

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:
Kitty wrote:I can't stand Heavy Metal.. It's so stupid! Whats the point in screaming into the friggen microphone when nobody can understand you?
the bands that scream are actually called death metal
Ok, death metal is most of the screaming bands but some heavy metal bands scream too.
Father Fintan Stack wrote:
Gaming Goddess wrote:TBH, Kitty, you seem kinda stupid.
Take offense as needed.
Seriously? Grow up.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

Metal and heavy metal are the same thing.
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Actually no there not.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Kitty wrote:Actually no there not.
yes they are. when someone says they listen to metal they are saying heavy metal, death metal, goth metal, speed metal etc are just sub-genre of heavy metal. i've been listening to metal since i was 6 so arguing is futile.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

According to two of my friends metal and heavy metal are not the same thing. But I do get what you mean. But I still don't see the bands I listen to as Heavy Metal, they are softer than that but they are not rock.
キティ

Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

Kitty wrote:According to two of my friends metal and heavy metal are not the same thing. But I do get what you mean. But I still don't see the bands I listen to as Heavy Metal, they are softer than that but they are not rock.
Trust me they are. Metal is just a lazy way of saying "heavy metal"... ive been a metalhead since I was 13 and im almost 21 now so I know what I'm talking about. I don't say im a heavymetalhead or a deathmetalhead...I just say im a metalhead.

But I'm just being picky because I'm pratically a metalguru. lol. So don't take it personally Kitty.

And Aoi.. you took the words right out of my mouth.
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Shining Star wrote:
Kitty wrote:According to two of my friends metal and heavy metal are not the same thing. But I do get what you mean. But I still don't see the bands I listen to as Heavy Metal, they are softer than that but they are not rock.
Trust me they are. Metal is just a lazy way of saying "heavy metal"... ive been a metalhead since I was 13 and im almost 21 now so I know what I'm talking about. I don't say im a heavymetalhead or a deathmetalhead...I just say im a metalhead.

But I'm just being picky because I'm pratically a metalguru. lol. So don't take it personally Kitty.

you know.. one of your best friends even said that metal and heavy metal are not the same. hmmm lets see. Disturbed is not heavy metal, its metal, Adema is not heavy metal, its metal. Do I have to name more? and I've been listening to metal for about a year longer than you have. I know the stuff I listen to is not Heavy Metal or Death metal or whatever else there is. Most of the music I listen to is either rock or metal.
キティ

Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

Kitty wrote:
Shining Star wrote:

you know.. one of your best friends even said that metal and heavy metal are not the same. hmmm lets see. Disturbed is not heavy metal, its metal, Adema is not heavy metal, its metal. Do I have to name more? and I've been listening to metal for about a year longer than you have. I know the stuff I listen to is not Heavy Metal or Death metal or whatever else there is. Most of the music I listen to is either rock or metal.
like who? and to me its the same. by the way, just because you've listened to it a year longer doesn't mean you know all the bands that I do. Heavy and metal are the same. Death and heavy are not. I know you don't listen to death but I do. Let's just agree to disagree and be done with it. I'm too tired to argue anyway and its pointless.

My fav genres are anything metal except black metal cause I notice more of the satanic bands are part of that genre and that is not my thing. There is a couple exceptions within black metal but at the moment I can not remember.

And I love rock..except like oldies. And when I mean oldies i mean anything like 50s-70s but again theres exceptions here and there for me.

Oh and I like some pop...yes yes I like pop. Some of its catchy and fun to dance to.

I HATE RAP AND COUNTRY!!! UGH MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT!!!

I don't know what's worse country music or when my dad sings to it!!! He makes me want to break the radio when I'm in the car with him!!! ](*,) :twitch:

Oh and I also love Christian rock and metal. ^^ more the metal then the rock cause Christian rock can be too soft sometimes.

Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

lol. But seriously saying heavy metal and metal are the same is like saying rock and punk rock are the same. So you are wrong.
I love country, pop, alternative, oldies, rock, electronic, electronica, dance, industrial, the only rap I like is Eminem, and some hip-hop. I don't like to argue either but when someone says something and I know their wrong then I am gonna show them right.

I never said anything about knowing all the bands you do. It doesn't mean the metal and heavy metal are the same either. I don't listen to all the bands you listen to because I hate most of it.
キティ

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Kitty wrote:
Shining Star wrote:

i have been listening to metal for 19 years (i'm 25) so don't give me that you've been listening to it longer. and my father has been listening to metal for over 30 years and he even says metal is heavy metal. My husband has also been listing to metal for 19 years and he also says metal is just short for heavy metal.

Disturbed is an American rock band from Chicago, Illinois, formed in 1996 when musicians Dan Donegan, Steve "Fuzz" Kmak, and Mike Wengren hired David Draiman as their singer.
Adema formed as a five-piece, rock band from Bakersfield, California consisting of lead singer Mark Chavez, guitarists Tim Fluckey and Mike Ransom, bassist Dave DeRoo, and drummer Kris Kohls
wiki says: Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a subgenre of rock music

P.S kitty this is exactly what GG was talking about when she said you need to stop talking about topics you know nothing about
Last edited by Aoi Sakuraba on Aug 02, 2010 9:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Shining Star wrote:

i have been listening to metal for 19 years (i'm 25) so don't give me that your friend has been listening to it longer. and my father has been listening to metal for over 30 years and he even says metal is heavy metal. My husband has also been listing to metal for 19 years and he also says metal is just short for heavy metal.

Disturbed is an American rock band from Chicago, Illinois, formed in 1996 when musicians Dan Donegan, Steve "Fuzz" Kmak, and Mike Wengren hired David Draiman as their singer.
Adema formed as a five-piece, rock band from Bakersfield, California consisting of lead singer Mark Chavez, guitarists Tim Fluckey and Mike Ransom, bassist Dave DeRoo, and drummer Kris Kohls
wiki says: Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a subgenre of rock music

P.S kitty this is exactly what GG was talking about when she said you need to stop talking about topics you know nothing about
Except the difference is I do know what I'm talking about.
I never said anything about my friend listening to it longer and not to be mean but you all are stupid. Like I said before saying Metal and Heavy Metal are the same thing is like saying Rock and Punk rock are the same. Ok so what is KoRn then? Rock? No oh wait this is what Wiki says "Korn is an American metal band formed in Bakersfield, California, in 1993."
キティ

Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

But anyway I'm not going to fight about this anymore because I know I'm right and there is no sense trying to get you guys to actually figure out the truth. It's starting to give me a headache.

So anyway, Amy whats wrong with country?! =P
キティ

Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Kitty wrote:
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Shining Star wrote:

i have been listening to metal for 19 years (i'm 25) so don't give me that your friend has been listening to it longer. and my father has been listening to metal for over 30 years and he even says metal is heavy metal. My husband has also been listing to metal for 19 years and he also says metal is just short for heavy metal.

Except the difference is I do know what I'm talking about.
no you don't, music is my life....ask anyone who's had a conversation with me, i shove music at them every time they talk to me. I don't do anything without music. I follow music like preppy blonds follow fashion. you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and you continue to argue the point.
Apostrophe
Master Otaku

Post by Apostrophe »

Metal is another name for Heavy Metal. It's a subgenre of rock.

Take your double digit IQ elsewhere.
I love you, Serina!
AA's dumbass quote of the millennium:
[Apo,] 3:50 am: The best music ever made was done under the influence of LSD
[black_haruxrin] 3:50 am: who??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Twilight Night Wolf
Uber Otaku

Post by Twilight Night Wolf »

As far as I know metal and heavy metal like Aoi and Shining said are the same, I've never known them to be different.
There is no true good, or evil even the best of good intentions can cause negative effects to take place.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Kitty, do yourself a favor and stop typing.
You may be right in your own little world, but in the rest of the world, you are not.
Unlike others though, I'm providing sources.

A blog about the history of metal
A nice VH1 show of what Heavy metal is. Q and A.
A masters thesis on the history of heavy metal
About.com's 101 on Metal.

After reading those, and watching, you should realize that Meavy Metal and Metal are the same thing. Heavy metal is abbreviated as metal the same as Rhythm and blues is abbreviated R&B

Sit, kitty.
Good, kitty.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket