Your Favorite Genre

Discussions about anything music-related.
Father Fintan Stack
Rookie Otaku

Re: Your Favorite Genre

Post by Father Fintan Stack »

Looks like this Kitty r-tard just got her arse handed to her.
You dirty fecker.
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

Guys, lets take a step back and relax. Thanks.

I stated why I hate country. To me it's crap especially with my dad's yowling. lol. I love my dad but man listening to him howl in the car for a couple of hours makes me want to bash my head into a window.

Oh and one other minor thing I have to point out cause it was bugging me rock and punk rock are not the same. Trust me.
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
jhonkevin
Baka Otaku

Post by jhonkevin »

It depends on my mood and the mine. I watch action-comedy and comedy a lot. helps me relax and loose stress. I am a huge fan of The Thriller movie, then comedy, then romance.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Ok seriously? There is no reason to rag on me. I was stating my opinion. And Aoi, Music has been my life since I was born. It will always be my life, I couldn't live with out it. But when you sit there and tell me I listen to heavy metal when I know I don't then I'm gonna argue.
Edit: I'm stubborn, Thats the problem with me obviously, But Amy talked to me so I get the whole metal thing now, not that anyone cares.

There was no reason to gang up on me. Ever since I posted my Mod App it's like you all turned and started hating me. I'm sorry for posting my opinions. Since you all hate me.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Emo much?

Its not you i hate, its stupidity and ignorance. ANYONE who displays that amount of ignorance is gonna get a rag thrown on them. You're stubbornness is part of that. You refused to realize that you wheren't right.

No worries though. You understand now. Now we all move on~

and you're right, Star, rock and punk rock are not the same. Who said they where? o-O
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

SASSZAIN wrote:Emo much?

Its not you i hate, its stupidity and ignorance. ANYONE who displays that amount of ignorance is gonna get a rag thrown on them. You're stubbornness is part of that. You refused to realize that you wheren't right.

No worries though. You understand now. Now we all move on~

and you're right, Star, rock and punk rock are not the same. Who said they where? o-O
I wasn't trying to sound emo... I hate emo's. I know my stubbornness is a bad quality and I tend to not listen when I think I'm right about something.

Nobody said they were the same I had said that saying metal and heavy metal were the same was like saying rock and punk rock are the same.. But I understand now so yeah.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

Let's just all agree to disagree and be done with it.

I'm getting a headache from all this. ](*,) #-o

lol.

By the way I had forgotten to mention my obession with grunge. One of my other top fav genres...actually im kind of a 90s music girl all around. I like some of the pop then to.

the 00s I feel like suck with music...well not all the time..but the pop does.
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Shining Star wrote:Let's just all agree to disagree and be done with it.

I'm getting a headache from all this. ](*,) #-o

lol.

By the way I had forgotten to mention my obession with grunge. One of my other top fav genres...actually im kind of a 90s music girl all around. I like some of the pop then to.

the 00s I feel like suck with music...well not all the time..but the pop does.
umm... nobody was arguing.

I like Oldies but not sure what years exactly though.
キティ

SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Oldies are goldies 8)
60s-70s-80s sme of the glden years for music. 90s hold a lot of great memories and powerful songs for me, but the 2000's hold the majority of my favs.

Dun matter genre.. XD

Star, the word is "heated discussion"

yes, thats one word.
SHUDDAP RIGHT?! XD ](*,) :lol:
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

lol. Sass. lol. =D>

Well I got one word for you: metalcore

I realized that alot of the curent bands i like fit that genre and it has a perfect blend of singing and screaming. In This Moment comes to mind since i bought their latest cd.

Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Shining Star wrote:lol. Sass. lol. =D>

I realized that alot of the curent bands i like fit that genre and it has a perfect blend of singing and screaming. In This Moment comes to mind since i bought their latest cd.
In This Moment is pretty good. I only like a few of their songs.
キティ

Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

Kitty wrote:
Shining Star wrote:lol. Sass. lol. =D>

In This Moment is pretty good. I only like a few of their songs.
omg! do you want borrow some of it? i have all three of their albulms.

Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

I only have about 7 of their songs. I don't know, I'd have to listen to it first before I like copied it, because I don't know if i'll like all of their stuff.
キティ

spencer12
Baka Otaku

Post by spencer12 »

My favorite genre is metal as well. I have a huge collection of this genre. I am no longer in power or symphonic metal. Also, my favorite band is Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Within Temptation. There is no doubt about that!
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

spencer12 wrote:My favorite genre is metal as well. I have a huge collection of this genre. I am no longer in power or symphonic metal. Also, my favorite band is Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Within Temptation. There is no doubt about that!
Hell yeah! Great bands.
キティ

Uta
Rookie Otaku

Post by Uta »

I was raised listening to folk, so that has heavily affected my tastes, but I also try to stay open minded. I have also recently began to listen to a lot of post rock, punk, and rock.

List of bands I can think off the top of my head: Okkervil River, Wolf Parade, Sonic Youth, Slow Six, Sigur Rós, Yo La Tengo, Beirut Godspeed You! Black Emperor, and Neutral Milk Hotel.