The Used

Discussions about anything music-related.
toniboy7
Newbie Otaku

The Used

Post by toniboy7 »

Along with MCR, these guys get the award 'Band that makes me most angry'. What are your criticisms of this awful, awful band?
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku

Re: The Used

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

Shite band.
I see a little silhouetto of a man...
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

I think The Used are an extremley talented band. I'm kinda insulted you grouped with My Chemical. even IF they ARE on the same record label (Warner Reprise)

still, there's no point in defending them, is there? i know i will be out-voted, due to the fact that emo, and anything remotley resembeling emo is immediatly slammed, before they get a chance to shine. been here far too long.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
LanoitomE
Newbie Otaku

Post by LanoitomE »

Honestly.. I love the used. And so does my friends. So what? I don't care what you guys think. :devil:

BTW, Rikoku. Are you a fan of flyleaf as well?
i don't know what's happening with me but i'm sure that everything i do is wrong. So why did you have the courage to love me when you know that i don't deserve it?

..drama queen.. :lol:
Kibsy~
Uber Otaku

Post by Kibsy~ »

=O The Used are awesome... my views will not be altered =D so don't even attempt it =]
{The Kibster has returned once more} =3
"There is a difference between wisdom and knowledge:
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is being smart enough not to put tomato in a fruit salad." ;]
Hinato kazuya

Post by Hinato kazuya »

Nah they are an incredibly average band. The sond "say days ago" on the other hand is beyond amazing, so heavy. =D
It takes but one man to breed a war, for those who do not have swords may still die upon them.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

The Used are one of the worst bands in the world, all they seem to do is complain about how bad their emo lives are......

I don't get how their lives can be "so awful they want to cut themselves" when they are making millions off a record label.....It's pathetic, emo bands in general are pathetic.
*cough* MCR *cough*
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Green Ranger
Baka Otaku

Post by Green Ranger »

The Used is an amazing band, i particularly like the "Lies for the Liars" album! that cd isn't really emo it has some fairly up beat songs, and the songs that arent happy and upbeat are about love..so i dont see what you guys problem is!!
WELL HEY THERE!! DO YOU LIKE NARUTO?! DO YOU LIKE TO RP!?

if you answered yes to the above...then check out:
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Naruto_Jiyuu
Where the greats go!!
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

I like MCR. But I don't like The Used
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Tpod
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tpod »

i think that both of the are great great awesome bands
both of them have great songs
the used is kinda emo though :-k
Cherry Darling is my Rock and Roll partner 8)
Captn Jack is my puerto rican brutha
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:The Used are one of the worst bands in the world, all they seem to do is complain about how bad their emo lives are......

I don't get how their lives can be "so awful they want to cut themselves" when they are making millions off a record label.....It's pathetic, emo bands in general are pathetic.
*cough* MCR *cough*
actually, The Used aren't singing about how their live's are crap. It's Bert singing about how his life used to be crap, due to a sever drug addiction that controlled his life. and a lot of their songs are romance based. or lack of, in some cases. the band even rips into poser scene bands, take All That I've Got" for instance:

"I'll be just fine, Pretending I'm not, I'm far from lonley and it's All That I've Got"

if that isn't a clear stab at poser scene bands from 2004-2005 era, what is?
LanoitomE wrote:Honestly.. I love the used. And so does my friends. So what? I don't care what you guys think. :devil:

BTW, Rikoku. Are you a fan of flyleaf as well?
yes I am. ^_^ absolutely love them. but, they aren't THAT well known here in the UK, so finding tour dates and album release dates is tricky :cry:
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:The Used are one of the worst bands in the world, all they seem to do is complain about how bad their emo lives are......

*cough* MCR *cough*

I think you people can't distinguish "emo" from "punk rock"
MCR and The Used are both punk rock.

An "emo" band would be Aiden. They sing about cutting and [censored] like that.
I'm not too sure about the used, but I'm 100% positive that MCR isn't "emo" Gerard Way, the lead singer, even takes interviews and explains in detail how much he hates the emo culture.

Evelyn would know more about this stuff. So I'mma give her a ring. o.o
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Evelyn
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Evelyn »

Listen here, I am going to tell you right now the truth, and if after you read this rant and you still got stuff to say about them, then you can talk it up with me. Deal?

Well, Gerard was asked about what he thinks about emo; he said -

"I think emo's a pile of shxt," said Way. "I think emo is fxcking garbage – it's bullshxt.

"I think there are bands that we get lumped in with that are considered emo and, by default, that starts to make us emo. All I can say is that anyone actually listening to the records, putting the records next to each other and listening to them, [would know there are] actually no similarities."

That doesn't mean that Gerard hates 'emo' kids. Gerard loves all his fans, and My Chemical Romance has a lot of emo fans.

I mean, just because their music is 'emotional' he they write lyrics that come from inside, that makes them emo? Expressing yourself isn't being emo, darling. So, you need to step off of their crap. I am get so irritated when people call Gerard or My Chem. or the other band members emo.

They wear black, yes. That doesn't make a person emo. 'Emo' isn't about cutting yourself, but they don't do that either - Gerard is afraid of needles, he doesn't have piercings or tattoos because of it. Gerard doesn't only dislike emo because it's hard for them to book shows because emo kidds are always going to emo bands shows, but he strongly dislikes seeing his fans mutilate themselves. He said that he's seen people at shows with cuts all over them, and he thinks it's the bands fault, because their music can be somewhat emotional and sad, he says that if you know anyone who is hurting themselves you should help them.

Gerard said in another interivew that 'emo' hurts the band, because they don't "sound like emo bands, or dress like emo bands" so it's hard for them to get shows booked, because a good heap of their fans are emo, so when their emo fans are out at real "emo" bands shows, it's hard for them to get fans to come see them. He said it himself, what can I say? He's also said that he doesn't see emo effecting anything he says "grundge effected the world, but I don't see emo effecting anything"

Gerard is a very nice guy, as is Frank, Mikey, Bob and Ray. They are against emo and self-harming. So... stop labeling him as emo. Stop labeling the band as emo. They are way too good to be considered emo.

By the way, I have nothing agaisnt emo myself, but I do believe that Gerard (Frank, Mikey, Bob and Ray) are above that. =]

If you have any questions or disagree with me, please do explain why. I've given you proof but I can always pull up more.

Gerard refers to cutting in one song, it's called Cemetery Drive, he says, "Singing songs that make you slit your wrists." He was actually singing about one of his friends who commited suicide. It was a tribute to her.

That's really bad, isn't it?

The thing I don't like about people who judge bands is most of the time, you listen to the lyrics and you have NO idea what's behind the song. No idea AT all! You sometimes don't even know anything about anyone in the band.

If you lived Gerard's life, then maybe you'd understand the meaning to more of his, so called, "emo" songs.

Maybe you don't like the band because his voice, fine, that's your opinion. But don't label bands emo when you only hear a few songs that sound sad. Cause you probably don't know the half of it.
HELLO! Look at me. HELLO! I am so ZEN. This is BLOOD. This is NOTHING. Hello. Everything is nothing, and it’s so cool to be ENLIGHTENED. Like me.
Evelyn
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Evelyn »

As for The Used. I don't mind them. I don't like them but whatever. I do listen to them. Bert comes off to me as a little obsessive and somewhat creepy. But I do like a good 10 songs by them, so whatever.
HELLO! Look at me. HELLO! I am so ZEN. This is BLOOD. This is NOTHING. Hello. Everything is nothing, and it’s so cool to be ENLIGHTENED. Like me.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

Yes. That was what I was trying to say,

I just forgot the story behind it. XD
Roger Taylor
Master Otaku

Post by Roger Taylor »

hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA someone get Locke :heh:
I hate to generalize, but – generally speaking – I hate it! But what do I know? I'm probably too old for it.