Round 2: MCR vs Led Zeppelin

Discussions about anything music-related.

Who is the better band?

Led Zeppelin
69%
My Chemical Romance
31%

Total votes: 13

Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Re: Round 2: MCR vs Led Zeppelin

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Dio Brando wrote:
Sasami Jurai wrote:
Okay :mrgreen: Oh, and no, you can't bash what and where you want, depending on where you are. Your bashing could affect other users who are uncomfortable with your unnecessary use of language. When civil right and civil liberty conflict, civil LIBERTY would always win especially when you're postin' here. Read the webmaster's 'Forum Rules and Guidelines'.
Liberty means freedom, as in Freedom of Speech

Bill of Rights>>>>>>>>>Webmaster
And I knew Queen would win by a lot. :mrgreen:
Queen woould probably win ay thread it was put in here

I don't get what you're sayin'.. :?
By bringing the "hotness" line into this discussion you made it about style rather than music itself.
Dio Brando wrote:Liberty means freedom, as in Freedom of Speech

Bill of Rights>>>>>>>>>Webmaster
No, no! You don't get it. Look it up.. 'Civil Right' and 'Civil Liberty' are both individual terms.
Dio Brando wrote:By bringing the "hotness" line into this discussion you made it about style rather than music itself.
No.. but w/e.. We should stop arguing about topics that are waay out of tangent for this thread. We can take it to PM, if you want, but who cares.. lol
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

scorpionwarrior wrote:lol Bill of rights means nothing on the internet. I dunno why people think that other than privacy they have no other rights XD
Haha you're right. The U.S. Constitution wouldn't apply to users of another country. This is, after all, the internet.
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

Plus, there is the tenth which basically limits what you can practice in public.
Dio Brando
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Dio Brando »

But I do
R.I.P. Billy Mays: 1958-2009
Goodnight Sweet Prince
Athos

Post by Athos »

The US Bill of Rights has been indirectly applied internationally via citations of Constitutional cases from SCOTUS to the high courts over seas (New Zealand & Australia, and the like)

Also, civil liberty is the freedom from undue government interference or restraint. A civil right would be an enumerated right under the U.S. Constitution.

An an example would of civil liberty would be Lochner v. New York . In Lochner, the Supreme Court struck down a New York law which regulated the hours of bakers. The Court reasoned that this law interfered with the right to contract and therefore void. If you notice, no where in the US Constitution does it mention a right to contract given to the people, but if you look in Article 1, Section 10, Clause 4, it states that No state shall pass any law impairing the obligation of contracts.

Now, a (contemporary) example of a civil right would be the case of District of Colombia v. Heller. In Heller the Court struck down a ordinance in DC which banned the use of hand guns. The Court struck down the ordinance because it took away a right that was enumerated in the Constitution (2nd Amendment: right to bear arms).

What is really boils down to though is substantive due process (SDP) and [procedural] due process. Note though that SDP gained momentum with the passing of the 14th Amendment. (The first Supreme Court decision with SDP was Scot v. Stanford)
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Basically Americans are born with civil rights and civil liberty. A guy could swing his arms back and forth while walking but if he hits a girl during the process then he would be violating the girl's civil liberty.

Civil Liberty > Civil Right

This is analogous to your situation, Dio Brando! Don't use offensive language on a forum with 'Rules & Guidelines'. You're also violating the forum rules.
Dio Brando
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Dio Brando »

Sasami Jurai wrote:Basically Americans are born with civil rights and civil liberty. A guy could swing his arms back and forth while walking but if he hits a girl during the process then he would be violating the girl's civil liberty.

This is analogous to your situation, Dio Brando! Don't use offensive language on a forum with 'Rules & Guidelines'. You're also violating the forum rules.
I didn't hit you.

Your post falls apart there
R.I.P. Billy Mays: 1958-2009
Goodnight Sweet Prince
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Dio Brando wrote:
Sasami Jurai wrote:Basically Americans are born with civil rights and civil liberty. A guy could swing his arms back and forth while walking but if he hits a girl during the process then he would be violating the girl's civil liberty.

I didn't hit you.

Your post falls apart there
Think again.. =/ You still don't get it. We should stop spamming this thread, though.

Done. :roll:
Athos

Post by Athos »

But yeah...LZ FTW
Member of the ModSquad 8)
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

Rock bands to the constitution... LOL.

Anyway, Led Zeppelin
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

This isn't even a contest Zeppelin is one of the worlds greatest bands ever and MCR is a pathetic excuse for a wrist cutters emo band.
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

Aoi, they're not wrist cutters -_-

I think some people need to do some research on how MCR really are, cause it's not them that are emo. Just as with most bands some of their fans give them a bad name :P
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

personally, I prefer Led Zeppelin, mainly because I have more LZ songs than MCR, soo yeah.
plus LZ have had way better hits, Dream on and Stairway to Heaven being my fav. x3
High wire escape artist
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

MCR, like a lot of other bands, had better days in the yesteryears, I hope a lot of my fav. bands that hit rockbottom make it back up again.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

perpetualsorrowX wrote:personally, I prefer Led Zeppelin, mainly because I have more LZ songs than MCR, soo yeah.
plus LZ have had way better hits, Dream on and Stairway to Heaven being my fav. x3
isn't Dream On an Aerosmith song?
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

Dream On is indeed Aerosmith, however Stairway to Heaven is a very good LZ song.
Since when does something have to make sense to be logical?