The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Discussions about anything music-related.
User avatar
Aiden
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2342
Joined: Apr 06, 2007 11:06am
Gender: Female
Location: Go Away

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by Aiden »

Magical Trevor.
(RAH)² (AH)³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH(LA)²
fleurish
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sep 09, 2005 2:03am
Gender: Female

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by fleurish »

Pioneer Cabbit wrote:Are you serious?! The Silversun Pickups is too awesome to be unheard of, in my opinion. >.<

You know me virtually (or used to) and I love the Silversun Pickups. They're one of my favorite bands. :mrgreen:
I know >___<
They've been around for a little while too..


I remember you liking The Killers alot .__. But I don't remember you mentioning sspu


I am freakin' pissed that they're going to be at a music festival here and I can't go see them
Hi, I'm Serena
and I used to love this place
User avatar
Dio Brando
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 324
Joined: Sep 06, 2008 7:54pm
Gender: Male
Location: In ur fridge eating ur f00dz

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by Dio Brando »

D o l l f a c e wrote:Silversun Pickups~
I have met virtually no one who knows who they are.
They're a great band. I've actually met quite a few people who know and like them
R.I.P. Billy Mays: 1958-2009
Goodnight Sweet Prince
User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female
Location: Yelling at idiot foreigners

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Remioromen
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Silversun Pickups have their song in the newest Guitar Hero.

I'm betting that's mainstream enough.




Anyway continuing, Regina Spektor is a recent interest of mine.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
User avatar
Sasami Jurai
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 7018
Joined: Feb 19, 2005 5:11pm
Gender: Female
Location: Planet Earth

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by Sasami Jurai »

Owl City is a great band that's not very popular. :P
Don't wake me; I plan on sleeping in
There is a light that never goes out~
Boxcar Bob
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 250
Joined: Jul 01, 2008 4:47am
Gender: Male

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by Boxcar Bob »

I swear noone (Bar about 3 or 4 of my mates) ever seems to know Rainbow :'(
Demyx wrote:I can wrestle and pin a girl who's twice my size. I have nothing to be ashamed of at all.
User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female
Location: Yelling at idiot foreigners

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Anyone hear heard of the brilliant green?

maybe you heard of them now after 10 years of being a band (formed in 97) since they have a opening song on gundam 00
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
User avatar
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3951
Joined: Feb 12, 2005 3:38pm
Gender: Female
Location: In sheep's clothing.
Contact:

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Delerium. A grand total of 4 people I know have heard of it/them
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:Anyone hear heard of the brilliant green?

maybe you heard of them now after 10 years of being a band (formed in 97) since they have a opening song on gundam 00

If they have a song on a popular anime show then I doubt they're unheard of.

Second, again I was referring to English speaking bands
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
User avatar
SASSZAIN
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5311
Joined: Jan 27, 2006 8:09am
Gender: Female
Location: Everywhere and nowhere
Contact:

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by SASSZAIN »

The Joker wrote:
Aoi Sakuraba wrote:Anyone hear heard of the brilliant green?

maybe you heard of them now after 10 years of being a band (formed in 97) since they have a opening song on gundam 00

If they have a song on a popular anime show then I doubt they're unheard of.

Second, again I was referring to English speaking bands
You never specified that.(the second part)
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
MetalMaster2004
Newbie Otaku
Posts: 17
Joined: Apr 17, 2008 10:04am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by MetalMaster2004 »

Skindred
I Wrestled A Bear Once
Dimmu Borgir
Disembowelment
Job For A Cowboy
Killwhitneydead.
Meshuggah
Morbid Angel
Dying Fetus
Xenomorph
Six Feet Under
Skinless
Opeth

These are all popular bands. Everybody who listens to Metal knows these so therefore makes them popular. Mastodon has been played on MTV. There is nothing on the thread that says you can't post Japanese bands but they have to be unpopular or underrated and maximum the hormone is a popular one. You shouldn've said English bands only not bands in general because I can start slinging underrated and unpopular bands all freaking day. If you don't know Death Cad For a Cutie whether you like them or not you live under a rock because they are insanely popular as well. Job For A Cowboy also puts on an awesome show.

Sorry to disappoint a lot of you but most of the ones you claim are underrated or whatever aren't. They are not popular in your area due to marketing. Woot for me knowing the music industry.
User avatar
SASSZAIN
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5311
Joined: Jan 27, 2006 8:09am
Gender: Female
Location: Everywhere and nowhere
Contact:

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by SASSZAIN »

MetalMaster2004 wrote:Skindred
I Wrestled A Bear Once
Dimmu Borgir
Disembowelment
Job For A Cowboy
Killwhitneydead.
Meshuggah
Morbid Angel
Dying Fetus
Xenomorph
Six Feet Under
Skinless
Opeth

These are all popular bands. Everybody who listens to Metal knows these so therefore makes them popular. Mastodon has been played on MTV. There is nothing on the thread that says you can't post Japanese bands but they have to be unpopular or underrated and maximum the hormone is a popular one. You shouldn've said English bands only not bands in general because I can start slinging underrated and unpopular bands all freaking day. If you don't know Death Cad For a Cutie whether you like them or not you live under a rock because they are insanely popular as well. Job For A Cowboy also puts on an awesome show.

Sorry to disappoint a lot of you but most of the ones you claim are underrated or whatever aren't. They are not popular in your area due to marketing. Woot for me knowing the music industry.
w00t for you also making yourself out to sound like more of an arse than Josh......

Pop Evil is somewhat popular around here, but everyone I know outside of this state dunno about them :D
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
User avatar
Dio Brando
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 324
Joined: Sep 06, 2008 7:54pm
Gender: Male
Location: In ur fridge eating ur f00dz

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by Dio Brando »

MetalMaster2004 wrote:Skindred
I Wrestled A Bear Once
Dimmu Borgir
Disembowelment
Job For A Cowboy
Killwhitneydead.
Meshuggah
Morbid Angel
Dying Fetus
Xenomorph
Six Feet Under
Skinless
Opeth

These are all popular bands. Everybody who listens to Metal knows these so therefore makes them popular. Mastodon has been played on MTV. There is nothing on the thread that says you can't post Japanese bands but they have to be unpopular or underrated and maximum the hormone is a popular one. You shouldn've said English bands only not bands in general because I can start slinging underrated and unpopular bands all freaking day. If you don't know Death Cad For a Cutie whether you like them or not you live under a rock because they are insanely popular as well. Job For A Cowboy also puts on an awesome show.

Sorry to disappoint a lot of you but most of the ones you claim are underrated or whatever aren't. They are not popular in your area due to marketing. Woot for me knowing the music industry.
MTV doesn't play music anymore, and when they do it's some [censored] like Fallout Boy or Britney Spears (lord help us all). They played metal on MTV2, but they axed that channel.
R.I.P. Billy Mays: 1958-2009
Goodnight Sweet Prince
Pennyroyal Tea
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2120
Joined: Oct 21, 2005 9:51am
Contact:

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

MetalMaster2004 wrote:Skindred
I Wrestled A Bear Once
Dimmu Borgir
Disembowelment
Job For A Cowboy
Killwhitneydead.
Meshuggah
Morbid Angel
Dying Fetus
Xenomorph
Six Feet Under
Skinless
Opeth

These are all popular bands. Everybody who listens to Metal knows these so therefore makes them popular. Mastodon has been played on MTV. There is nothing on the thread that says you can't post Japanese bands but they have to be unpopular or underrated and maximum the hormone is a popular one. You shouldn've said English bands only not bands in general because I can start slinging underrated and unpopular bands all freaking day. If you don't know Death Cad For a Cutie whether you like them or not you live under a rock because they are insanely popular as well. Job For A Cowboy also puts on an awesome show.

Sorry to disappoint a lot of you but most of the ones you claim are underrated or whatever aren't. They are not popular in your area due to marketing. Woot for me knowing the music industry.
=; I just specified now didn't I?

Second, of course bands are popular in their own specific "scene" so that fact alone does not disqualify them from being unheard of. If a band doesn't have any popularity, it would be tough from them to play shows.

For example, An Horse is a pretty big band, of course this is only by indy standards, as well as Tegan and Sara, anyone who's into the indy/alternative scene would've already heard of them by now, as they sell out terminal five together.

However to to some person, and they might never have heard of the band, not just because they don't listen to that sort of thing, but because they weren't exposed to it. In other words, it's for exposure.

I could've proved the same point with a million other bands. Dude, just because you can talk, doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. Mr.Metalmaster =;
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
User avatar
Mista Cola
Full Metal Otaku
Posts: 248
Joined: Jun 06, 2008 12:15pm
Gender: Male
Location: Inside a turtle

Re: The best bands that nobody heard of/listens to

Post by Mista Cola »

Post Reply