Owl City

Discussions about anything music-related.
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Re: Owl City

Post by Grell »

I like Owl City, but Fireflies is WAY overplayed. I can't listen to it more than once or twice a week now. xD
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

It's a shame how they ruined it. xD
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Yeah. Stupid radio stations playing it THREE TIMES AN HOUR!!

Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

That much...? x_x
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

thats is what happens. They find a song lots of people like, then they ruin it. The song doesn't get its rep back until its off the stations and none listens to the band anymore.. :(
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

SASSZAIN wrote:That's what happens. They find a song that lots of people like, then they ruin it. The song doesn't get its rep back until it's off of the stations and no one listens to the band anymore. :(
Cookie wrote:Fix'd.

Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Mista Cola wrote:Reiterating popular sentiments isn't really what you'd call a grudge.
^ :D
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Chrono Paladin
Absolute Otaku

Post by Chrono Paladin »

When I discovered Owl City through a song called Fireflies, out of curiousity, I heard some other songs that he did and after hearing his boredom-laced songs, I have to say this. IMO, Owl City is just overrated and his use of autotune is just... Bleh!. I started liking Fireflies because of the song's beat but I agree with you guys on how it is so overplayed. Why can't the radio play a highest-grossing mainstream song once a day or once a week and probably play something decent (regardless of whether iit's high-grossing or not)?

Also, why is Owl City just one guy? It sounds like a band name but there's no one else in it besides Adam Young.
R.I.P. Steven Irwin, V-Tech, Heath Ledger, George Carlin, Bernie Mac, Isaac Hayes, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, Taco Bell dog, Brittany Murphy, Garry Coleman, Ronnie James Dio and Toonami (although at least it reincarnated as Toonzai!)
Ignited
Help Haiti!
Dio Brando
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Dio Brando »

I hate Owl City.

The Postal Service was bad enough
R.I.P. Billy Mays: 1958-2009
Goodnight Sweet Prince
Pyro Psycho

Post by Pyro Psycho »

I love Owl City.
Much for the lyrics ... really wonderful. I have to say, I'm a fan. My sister got me into them, heh.
i told yuo about stares dog
Mai

Post by Mai »

Owlcity and Postal Serivce are pretty legit.

Screw deathcab for cutie, though. Just sayin. :-k
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

MAI!
Hi.

Ohhh I rhymed.
You dont like death cab? :o
IMO they're > Owl City
Mai

Post by Mai »

I couldn't care less for any of the aforementioned bands, honestly, lol, but TPS is pretty good. The rest are generic knock-offs.
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

I've been finding myself liking more and more of DeathCab lately. some of their musik vids are awesome as well.
been listening to them more and more lately.. with some othersXD
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Because Ben Gibbard actually has decent songwriting talent. While Adam Young's are just flowery and sounds pleasant.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

I liked Firefly when I first heard it, and I still think it's cute, but I wouldn't pay to see them or buy their CDs... all the songs sound alike, and none of them are especially good.
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."