Blue sky Noise (Circa Survive)?

Discussions about anything music-related.
Mai

Blue sky Noise (Circa Survive)?

Post by Mai »

SO! The newest album by Circa Survive (local Pennsylvania band) finally came out, and I must say that I am pretty impressed. Anthony Green (Ex member of Saosin) has got quite the amazing voice. I hate it when people try and say that he sounds too "girly" or whatever. He is a lyrical genuis and a profound musical influence on most aspiring [prog] bands of today! He is the Thom Yorke of 2010, damn it!

Has anyone followed their prior albums (Such as "Juturna", probably my all time favorite album) let alone the newest edition?

Its positively amazing, if you ask me.

Best songs on album?
"Get Out"
AND!
"Frozen Creek"

Anyone else get the new album (or even know the band, lol)?
I felt like a race horse in a world without racetracks or a champion college footballer suddenly confronted by Wall Street and a business suit, his days of glory shrunk to a little gold cup on his mantel with a date engraved on it like a tombstone.
williamvhale
Baka Otaku

Re: Blue sky Noise (Circa Survive)?

Post by williamvhale »

There's certainly enough passion in Blue Sky Noise to show the masses where rock and roll and great songwriting can meet in a traditional compromise that everyone can enjoy. It's always been rare to find a band that has a lyricist with as much as depth as Green and and band so dedicated to making those words come to light. I'm not sure which come first, lyrics or music but it's absolutely fantastic to hear it all come to together in what is a fantastic album. Not one track on this album is a dud or is so experimental that the listener will have the urge to push forward. As a post grunge era, Jim Morrison fan stuck in a world of pop music, this album is an absolute gem.