Maximum the Hormone (マキシマムザホルモン, Makishimamu Za Horumon)

Discussions about anything music-related.
Hakuren
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Maximum the Hormone (マキシマムザホルモン, Makishimamu Za Horumon)

Post by Hakuren »

I'm not that much of a metal/rock fan, but these 4 Japanese rockers from Hachiōji have been rockin' my socks since the first time I heard them! =D>
maxi.jpg
maxi.jpg (49.16 KiB) Viewed 49703 times
They're an unique blend of punkrock, metalcore and ska, and a good example of how Japanese musicians differ from the rest of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eucS-vZ99SQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV33trFP4_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXoXPwzhgQQ

Hope you enjoy them! :rock:
"What kind of disgraceful behaviour is this... Kuchiki Rukia?"

袖白雪
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Re: Maximum the Hormone (マキシマムザホルモン, Makishimamu Za Horumon)

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Japanese music doesn't different from the rest of the world. Japanese rock/metal still use the same kinds of instruments as the rest of the world the only thing that's different is the language.....and even that depends on the band. Like Abingdon Boys School and Galneryus alot of ABS songs are in English and almost all of Galneryus songs are in English. If anything Japanese rock/metal are still being influenced by Amerikan and British metal just like it always has been. there would be no Japanese rock/metal without Amerikan and British rock/metal bands

Some bands that Daisuke and Ryo list as their influences:

System of a Down
Tool
Pantera
The Ramones
Green Day
Slayer
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Hakuren wrote:I'm not that much of a metal/rock fan, but these 4 Japanese rockers from Hachiōji have been rockin' my socks since the first time I heard them! =D>
maxi.jpg
They're an unique blend of punkrock, metalcore and ska, and a good example of how Japanese musicians differ from the rest of the world.

you're what we like to call, a japanophile.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

SASSZAIN wrote:
Hakuren wrote:I'm not that much of a metal/rock fan, but these 4 Japanese rockers from Hachiōji have been rockin' my socks since the first time I heard them! =D>
maxi.jpg

you're what we like to call, a japanophile.
when I read that hun I nearly fell off my chair lolz. Anyways its almost 04:00 I'm heading to bead
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
Hakuren
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Hakuren »

I'm familiar with that term :P

Yet I disagree.. I never was a fan of rock/metal music untill they came along. If I'd listen to them soley because they're Japanese, how come I don't enjoy Japanese rap or poppy songs?

I think they DO differ from western band. Ofcourse they have influences, what band doesn't? J-rock/metal is just a tad different than other rock/metal, with own characteristics. In my opinion, that is ;)

袖白雪
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Question: can you speak japanese fluently?
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

Hakuren wrote:I'm familiar with that term :P

Yet I disagree.. I never was a fan of rock/metal music untill they came along. If I'd listen to them soley because they're Japanese, how come I don't enjoy Japanese rap or poppy songs?

I think they DO differ from western band. Ofcourse they have influences, what band doesn't? J-rock/metal is just a tad different than other rock/metal, with own characteristics. In my opinion, that is ;)
I agree with you on the music being slightly different. I like some J-rock and metal like Dir en grey..but that's not why im a metal fan. lol.
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Hakuren
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Hakuren »

SASSZAIN wrote:Question: can you speak japanese fluently?
No, just bits and pieces I pick up from anime, but everyone knows that's the rudest form of Japanese.

But what has that to do with anything really?

袖白雪
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

If you dont understand the words, then all they are to you are part of the music. The reason you think its different is jus the words. Its subtle, but its the difference. If the words where in english, in English without japanese accents, it'd sound a lot more like what you're likely used to in western music.

just something to think about at least.

BTW anime is a poor way to learn japanese
Hakuren
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Hakuren »

SASSZAIN wrote: BTW anime is a poor way to learn japanese
Like I said:
Hakuren wrote: No, just bits and pieces I pick up from anime, but everyone knows that's the rudest form of Japanese.
But I think you have a point with the whole "words being part of the music thing"

袖白雪
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Hakuren wrote:but everyone knows that's the rudest form of Japanese.
that's where you're wrong......you seem to think that we all talk prim and proper, but we don't. The way most anime is spoken is casual talk and is used by most people 15 and up unless you're at work or in a business environment.....
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Japanese rock is completely different from American rock, just like American metal is different from german metal, even though they're influenced, they're still different.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

SASSZAIN wrote:If you dont understand the words, then all they are to you are part of the music. The reason you think its different is jus the words. Its subtle, but its the difference. If the words where in english, in English without japanese accents, it'd sound a lot more like what you're likely used to in western music.

just something to think about at least.

BTW anime is a poor way to learn japanese

Sasszain you's trollin'

Music is all about identity, I don't have to hear a Jimi Hendrix riff to know that it's a Jimi Hendrix riff even if he stood on his head and spoke in martian, it would still be Jimi Hendrix.

Actually one of my favorite musicians is Kaki King, and despite having a wonderful voice, she rarely sings in her songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDv_3nsb ... re=related

Life being what it is by kaki king. She actually sings a little in this song but it's a soothing melody that almost belies the darker lyrics underneath.

It's almost like how you could barely hear a band playing in the background but know instantly who they are.

I love the fact that she messes up twice in the beginning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8xLU471 ... re=related

^ cd version if that appeals to you more
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"