26%
no
74%

Total votes: 23

My Blood Is Poison
Newbie Otaku

Re: akito sohma gay?

Post by My Blood Is Poison »

In Japan, even in this day and age, a woman being the head of a family is taboo and so, when Akito was born, she was made to look and act like a male because of this reason.

Not only that, as others have said, Akito loves the males of the family, any male in the family 'belongs' to her. She doesn't care if they are happily taken, as long as she can ruin the relationship, like she did with Hatori and Kana, she will be happy.
Spoiler
Show
But as the manga goes on she realises she is starting to lose her power over the family. Yuki flirts with some girl on the student council, Kyou and Tohru like each other, Haru and Rin are together/not together/you know they will end back up together.

Ayame, he and his assitent get together, he loses the curse because of her, there are rumors that Shigure and Tohrus/Kyous/Yukis etc teacher will get together.

So Akito isn't liking the fact that he is losing power over the family, 'her' guys are now being taken away from her and she is near powerless to do anything about it. Akito might hate this but what can she do? The family no longer wanting to listen to her when it comes to this part of their lives.

They are, slowly, losing the curse one by one because of the people they fall in love with and wish to be with for the rest of their lives and Akito can do nothing. She might be head of the family but she is also the core of the family curse and with people losing their curse she can do nothing.
In truth, I feel sorry for her, I admit there are times I have wanted to punch her but still, thinking about it now, I feel sorry for her. The way she was brought up, the way she has been acting towards others, the fact that she will die at the age of 26 (IIRC), everything about her screams 'I need sympathy'.

I know she doesn't deserve it with half the things she does towards the other family memebers but still, how can one fault her for the way she is? She was brought up this way, if anyone is to blame, then blame her mother.

Her parents saw she wasnt a male, she shouldnt of been head of the family so she made her what she is today...
KoYue
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Post by KoYue »

Very well said. =D>
Aquí está la vela. Aquí está el camino. Ahora sígame al fin. . .
. . . stay together itsumo. . .
Chibis rule!
*~Find your reason to live~*
xFlameWolfx
Master Otaku

Post by xFlameWolfx »

Omaro wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Akito is a girl. At least in the manga she is. o_O;
^^^Supposedly yea.I'm not sure....^^^
<b>What lies before us and what lies beyond us is tiny compared to what lies within us. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. -- Thomas Jefferson</b>
KoYue
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Post by KoYue »

Aquí está la vela. Aquí está el camino. Ahora sígame al fin. . .
. . . stay together itsumo. . .
Chibis rule!
*~Find your reason to live~*
My Blood Is Poison
Newbie Otaku

Post by My Blood Is Poison »

Akito Sohma is indeed female, below is a picture from the manga volume in Japan that was brought out that told us so.

http://kawaifb.skyblog.com/pics/253821940_small.jpg

The proof is in the picture, Akito Sohma is a female.
WolfgirlAya
Master Otaku

Post by WolfgirlAya »

this is how it goes... whe Akito was born she obvoiusly was a girl, but she had to become head of the family, so her parents named her akito and told he she must be a boy. That why shy gets jelous of other girls, Ithink only hatori and shigura know that deadly secrect.[quote][/quote]
queenofpokemon
"The Wild has not left this Girl"
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yuki~ »

shigure, hatori, kureno knew about it.
I'm not sure if Ayame knew about it, but I this he did.
and then, Kureno tells Tohru about it on the volume 17
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
torhu131
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by torhu131 »

Here's the story!
Spoiler
Show
Akito is a girl! She had to become head of the family so she had to act like a boy! Ayame, Shigure, Hatori, & Kureno are the only one's of the Zodiac that know she is a girl! The story about Shigure sleeping with her mom to get back at her is true! Shigure loved Akito and promised to be her lover so when she slept with Kureno, Shigure slept with Ren! Eventually they tell each other that and on that same night they sleep with each! At the very end Shigure gets with Akito (who look really cute in a dress!!!), Hatori gets with the teacher, Momiji and Kyo love Tohru but she loved Kyo so Kyo is with Tohru and Momiji has no one, Rin and Haru get together AGAIN!!!, Hiro and Kisa get together, Kureno gets with Arisa ( or Uo), Kagura has no one cause she still loves Kyo, Ritsu gets with Shigure's editor (You can imagine how that is with Ritsu and the editor's attitudes! :D), Yuki gets with the girl off student concil, & last but not least, Ayame gets with his assitant, Mimi! The end is really good!
yuki_doll
Rookie Otaku

Post by yuki_doll »

is that guy the ox or what??
nekos make the best kind of slaves! <<333
torhu131
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by torhu131 »

Spoiler
Show
Akito is "God"...
lil_anime_girl
Baka Otaku

Post by lil_anime_girl »

Akito is not gay because Akito is really a girl.
Agrona
Baka Otaku

Post by Agrona »

Spoiler
Show
Akito is really a girl, but was raised as a guy because they didn't want a female heir.
Never go to bed angry.Stay up and fight!
Let's stay together itsumo
~AGRONA~
Lydiaquin
Baka Otaku

Post by Lydiaquin »

No, hes not gay. But the way how he dressed is kinda gay to me..
Karin Rengu
Absolute Otaku

Post by Karin Rengu »

omg people! quit repeating yourselves. In just this page, 4 different people have said the same thing.

We've confirmed 'he' is a chick. So he can't be gay.
L's Fan Club (Anti-Light)-President
Third in Command of the Black Knights
My Mod App.
Evil-chibi
Baka Otaku

Post by Evil-chibi »

Your all wrong.
Spoiler
Show
The reason Akito acts like that is coz he hates woman(even though he is one in the manga) coz' of his mother the big idiot!how dare she do that to my Akito-kun! I don't care if your a girl,I love you!!! :love:
Taylor_Chan
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Taylor_Chan »

Some people say that Akito is a chick but it's kinda creepy that "she" would diguise "herself" as a guy. It make more since that Akito is gay and so is Shigure for saying Akito is his love!!! Well, Shigure is just a little confused...
Why is love not meant for me at all? Do I deserve this?
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´