Fruits Basket 2019

Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Fruits Basket 2019

Post by Tyche »

Finally Fruits Basket gets the anime it deserves! Tell me what you think about it. Did you watch the 2001 series? Read the manga? Or is this anime your first experience with the series?

I appreciate that they continued the story because the 2001 series left out a lot! That said, I actually kinda liked the animation better in the 2001 series. Not that the 2019 version looks bad - far from it!! But I think the 2001 series captured the lighthearted comedic side of the anime better. That said, this anime is also a drama and a romance so the new art style fits that much better. It's just a personal preference to me. Nostalgia probably plays a part in that too. :mrgreen:
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Tucker
Newbie Otaku

Re: Fruits Basket 2019

Post by Tucker »

I own a few volumes of the manga and the original run. It's still one of my top 5. It was one of my first when I was really getting into anime and manga.

I'm super excited for this. I've been craving it for years and now my itch is getting scratched and its so good
Yo everyone! It's The Brown-Eyes Boy here!
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Who are your favorite characters?

Hatsuharu is probably my favorite of the zodiac, followed closely by Kisa and Rin/Isuzu. I LOVE Arisa.

When I was growing up though I wanted to be like Tohru but I like the personality of some of the other characters more than her, I just wouldn't want to be like them. XD
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Tucker
Newbie Otaku

Post by Tucker »

Alright so Hanajima is my absolute favorite character. And yeah it's a cop out but Kyo is my favorite zodiac member followed by Rin and Kisa. And yeah, Arisa is my second favorite character. I like Tohru cuz she is a sweet girl and I'm an emotional person so I actually start tearing up watching her...but she is too sweet and caring.

Like I understand not having a selfish bone in her body but damn girl. Everyone else has their faults and here she is just being perfect. And it's kinda creepy. Its unsettling. Like I know its fantasy...but she is living in a tent on her own in the woods in episode 1. And her lifestyle during that time, working till super late and then homework until like 2am and getting like 4 hours of sleep every night? Nope. Even the most resilient teenager cant do that. And keep a smile and pretend nothing is wrong in her life?

God I feel like Kyo telling her be selfish and tell us what you want lol. I relate to Kyo a lot minus the fighting ability. Lol
Yo everyone! It's The Brown-Eyes Boy here!