What I think about... Full Metal Alchemist

Jovenitto
Visitor

What I think about... Full Metal Alchemist

Post by Jovenitto »

Before my review, i'd like to introduce my evaluation method. It's more specific than just an overall grade.
Now, i'll give 4 different grades, in the folowing categories: Characters, Storyline, Animation, and Music. These can go from 1 to 10, and the final grade will be the average of these four notes.
This will make the final grade more accurate, and give more detailed info about the series, as well as make my life easier grading them.

The first "victim" will be Full Metal Alchemist.
I'll be correcting the other reviews soon, with this new eval method. So check them out.

On with the good stuff: FMA!

What a show! Easily comparable to Trigun or Cowboy Bebop.

The characters are moved forward with the strong belief in doing the right thing for them. Even the Homunculus (the bad guys) have a reason to do what they do. Ed and Al have their mission in life, Winry has her reasons, Izumi too. No one here is just wandering around the episodes.
It's clearly a 9.

The storyline has plenty of twists (no wonder I saw all 51 eps in 12 days, more or less), wether it is the origin of the Homunculus, the Ishbal incident, Scar, or Shou Tucker (really sad episode!).
The comic factor is present in almost every episode, with the "short jokes" (got it? :roll: ), and Major Louis Armstrong and his family traditions...
9.5 on this.

The animation style is much like Trigun. If you've seen Trigun, this is more of the style. An even 9.

[EDIT]
I forgot to say that the animation on FMA doesn't even use any CG (computer Generated) stuff.
It is indeed very good. That's why i gave it a 9.
Really really really really really close to Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Evangelion.

The only animes i've seen that surpass the 9 are GITS 1, and the two series (called 1st GIG and 2nd GIG), and Last Exile, with a 9.5, with some CG;
and GITS2, the perfect 10, with the most fantastic CG environments i've seen in my life...
[/EDIT]

The last category, is Music. I liked the fact that every so episodes the starting and ending credits change, visually and musically. The songs are great. Although i never noticed the in-show music, I have to agree the music i heard was indeed very good. An 8.5

Characters: 9
Storyline: 9.5
Animation: 9
Music: 8.5

Which gives a flat 9 overall. A must see. Soon to be a classic, if not one already.
Last edited by Jovenitto on Jul 05, 2005 7:41am, edited 1 time in total.
Biki
Absolute Otaku

re: What I think about... Full Metal Alchemist

Post by Biki »

interesting.
ikiBBiki :o
*~Color Me Impressed~*
In honor of Cold Revolver: I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Full Metal
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Full Metal »

i would give an overall 10 on Fullmetal Alchemist
but thats just me
:mrgreen:
I am stalking you!
smiley_meek
Visitor

Post by smiley_meek »

if i had to rate FullMetal Alchemist between 1-10

i would give it a 15! :D
Full Metal
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Full Metal »

:mrgreen: i would give it a 100 :mrgreen:
I am stalking you!
Jovenitto
Visitor

Post by Jovenitto »

Well, I am being realistic in my grades, and they highly depend on what I think of the series/movie.

As much as I like a certain anime, I have to be objective, not subjective.
If I would be subjective, "GITS2: Innocence" would receive a whoping grade of 5,000,000 (five million) (scale 1 to 10)!!! :twisted:

Can you realistically fundament your scores??? Well, can you??? :-k
Is there anything you don't like as much as everything else in the show? If so, no perfect score can be given. [-X

When you grade something, you have to stop =; , think :-k , think again :-k , and then, realising what you like and dislike, give a well fundamented score. :roll:
I really would like to know your reasons for the scores you give... he only person that i know here that actually explains the grades is Dark Lilly. There should be more users like her... (although she's a moderator, but first of all she's a user)

I would really like to have you guys as teachers in school... I always dreamed of a 150% score on my math test... or an "X", which is a lot higher that "A+"... \:D/
Rikus_Toy
Absolute Otaku

Post by Rikus_Toy »

Characters: 9
Storyline: 10
Animation: 10
Music: 8.5
Riku's Biggest Fan!! :love:
AA Sisters: 3
AA Bros: 2
AA twin: Kataya Elric
Jovenitto
Visitor

Post by Jovenitto »

I forgot to say that the animation on FMA doesn't even use any CG (computer Generated) stuff.
It is indeed very good. That's why i gave it a 9.
Really really really really really close to Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Evangelion and Last Exile (although this last one already uses CG animation).

The only animes i've seen that surpass the 9 are GITS 1, and the two series (called 1st GIG and 2nd GIG), with a 9.4, with some CG, and GITS2, with the perfect 10, with the most fantastic CG environments i've seen in my life...
Biki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Biki »

i give the series an overall ten.
*~Color Me Impressed~*
Jovenitto
Visitor

Post by Jovenitto »

why?
Biki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Biki »

because i liked it. i am not going to jugde individual categories. if that upsets you sorry. but i don't think of it in so much depth. but overall i still give it a 10.
*~Color Me Impressed~*
Jovenitto
Visitor

Post by Jovenitto »

No, it doesn't upset me.
I'm just like this, i like to know what people think of a certain subject.

If you don't have a particular opinion on the different categories, i'm not gonna make you have one... the "because i liked it" reason is enough for me. :)
Biki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Biki »

:D thanx.
*~Color Me Impressed~*
Kou Akabane
Visitor

Post by Kou Akabane »

Yeah Id say that a nine does it justice ^_^ Im pretty strict on ratings myself so its gotta be pretty good to get up to a 9, after all, it was the first series that I watched all 51 episodes in 3 to 4 days ^_^;
Pyro Psycho

Post by Pyro Psycho »

lol im giving it a 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 buuuuuuuut thats just me! :wink:
i told yuo about stares dog
crystal.tears
Uber Otaku

Post by crystal.tears »

Yes, the series IS good. But I think you people are giving it more credit than it's worth. Me, I'd give it a 7 or 8.