FRIENDS TALK

Mindless conversations that no sane person would care about.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Re: FRIENDS TALK

Post by scorpionwarrior »

I don't reckon it does anything honestly. Kids are growing immune to old time discipline. I say crack down on Peer pressure somehow.

And EL if you even need even 1 then there probably is :P
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Athos

Post by Athos »

scorpionwarrior wrote:I don't reckon it does anything honestly. Kids are growing immune to old time discipline. I say crack down on Peer pressure somehow.

And EL if you even need even 1 then there probably is :P
Oh? It seems to work just fine in my side of the hemisphere. Especially if you got the belt. Though, I have heard a wax spatula or a slipper hurts pretty bad...If you crack down on peer pressure, you might as well rename the principal of the school to educational czar.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

I know what the obvious solution is as I'm sure most people do but it won't happen most likely ever.

The reason I say it wouldn't work well is because kids these days aren't the same as a few years ago. They're a lot smarter and a lot less likely to take discipline how it's meant to be =/
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Athos

Post by Athos »

>_> I don't think they're smarter. Or maybe we should just slap shock collars on them?
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Smarter in the sense they learn earlier than normal thus thinking they're 17 when they're they're only 10 -.-. But XD that sounds like a great idea

+ тнє ѕαιηт +
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by + тнє ѕαιηт + »

I think we're the worst generation yet and the Chances are we're gonna get worse.
Shock collars sound like a good Idea, I'll go get the mustard.
High wire escape artist
Cloud Leonhart
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

Some people just need to belt their children more.
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

lol, cloud, belting works so long as your not charged with abuse charges, at least you know you get punished for doing something stupid (not just sent to your room, and lax rules that are suppose to make you feel bad)...some kids of this (my) generation make me die inside a little, these kids need some commen sense, and some sort of dignity...
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

The worst thing I have seen in parenting is when the parents back them up when their kids start acting up around other kids or adults.
But as for the parents who actually try to discipline their kids, as long as there are no physical or emotional scars left on the child, I do support corporate punishment.

There is a special ed. girl I looked after in middle school who has cuts and bruises on her legs from her stepdad belting her.
I took it up with the counselours who checked it out but told me they saw no cause to take action.
From then on her instructors kept a sharp eye on me and her if we started talking about things that were even the least bit personal then they would say "No, you can't talk about this." or "No, you can't ask about that."

I think they failed to recognise what was a threat and what was not. :roll:
Cloud Leonhart

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

Pink Supervisor|EL wrote:lol, cloud, belting works so long as your not charged with abuse charges, at least you know you get punished for doing something stupid (not just sent to your room, and lax rules that are suppose to make you feel bad).
"Go to your room now! With your TV and your video games and your cell phone and your ipod and etc, etc..."

Doesn't really do much when the kid's still got somethin' to do and doesn't bother to reflect. That's why I think belting should happen more. XD
Athos

Post by Athos »

Like I said. Builds character and manners. My parents had not problem whopping us, so no matter where we went, we were on our best behavior. And we sure didn't throw fits in stores. Sometimes, I wish their parents would take them out of the store.
Cloud Leonhart

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

Oh, yeah, fits. I kept reading that as fists for some reason....anywho~

My mother always whispers threats into my little sister's ear when she has a fit while going out. I don't think her threats are good enough, cause it isn't doing much. XD

The reason why I'm such a good boy is cause of that one time back when I was around three, my father beat me hard cause I flung a shoe at him. XD
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

Ooh, I used to get scared of my dad a lot as a kid, but now his threats do nothing for me since I feel that I'm old enough and can discipline myself.

I think that's probably the hardest part of parenting is knowing when the child has come of age and it is time for them to back off somewhat.
Since when does something have to make sense to be logical?
Cloud Leonhart

Post by Cloud Leonhart »

That was really the only time I was beat, though. I didn't act bad, cause I knew what was coming when I did. XD

I don't care what age they are, if they do something retarded, they're getting disciplined for it.
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

When I say come of age, I mean when they are ready to discipline themselves.
Of course, people never really get too old for discipline, but depending on the person, the most a parent can really do at that point is advise, then let their child make their own decisions, that's how most people make that transition from kid to adult.
Since when does something have to make sense to be logical?
~~Tsume~~
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by ~~Tsume~~ »

It's not just disciplining them, some parents just need to stop treating their kids like royalty. Just last month I saw a woman who was holding a crying 6 year old. That's ridiculous! My mom stopped holding me when i was 3 and I stopped crying over useless things a short time after that.