Changes to Mindless Chit-Chat

Mindless conversations that no sane person would care about.

What would you like to see happen to MCC?

Nothing. It's fine the way it is.
26%
Move all of the games into a subforum.
37%
Have one single thread for randomness. All other topics should have some central theme; Subforum for games.
26%
Delete MCC completely
11%

Total votes: 19

Slash
Uber Otaku

Changes to Mindless Chit-Chat

Post by Slash »

Vote. Discuss. No off-topic posts, or they will be deleted.

Mods can add options or ideas as they seem fit. Wanted to get this up so we could hear opinions from other users.
Last edited by SASSZAIN on Apr 03, 2008 9:10pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tweeks
Saint Bede
Visitor

Re: Changes to Mindless Chit-Chat

Post by Saint Bede »

Fine as it is, but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MOVE THOSE DAMN GAMES.
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Post by Jade_Steel_Hawk »

I'm with the saint. We've gotta move those game threads to a subforum if nothing else.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
..shuichi..
Absolute Otaku

Post by ..shuichi.. »

Saint Bede wrote:Fine as it is, but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MOVE THOSE DAMN GAMES.

agreed
«If you aren’t remembered, then you never existed»
Commander Sparx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Commander Sparx »

I voted for: 'Have one single thread for randomness. All other topics should have some central theme; Subforum for games.'

Because, there are topic which are let’s say stupid because they are for flaming and joking around with jokes that are not funny.

As for the games, if they are moved people might get annoyed.
Commander Sparx from Planet Delta First commando of the Central base, Long live the Sliver Blades!
Jade_Steel_Hawk

People are getting annoyed by the games taking over the entire section, too.
"The reason I have such faith in God is because He showed me there is someone I could rely on once I lost faith in humanity."
Biki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Biki »

it's not fine the way it is.

move the games.

dont delete MCC.

even if you made one topic for randomness, i almost garantee people will still spam other topics with off topic randomness so why bother?
ikiBBiki :o
*~Color Me Impressed~*
In honor of Cold Revolver: I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

I voted to have one topic for randomness, for the sole purpose as one should be enough. Personally, I'm tired of sifting through trash threads every time I log on, and guess what's in them? Absolutely nothing.

I say sticky the random thread (Call it MCC even?) and have everything else be light discussions that are too lax for off-topic.

And of course, move those games to a subforum. That way people looking for games can instantly find them, and vice-versa for the topics.
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Slash wrote:I voted to have one topic for randomness, for the sole purpose as one should be enough. Personally, I'm tired of sifting through trash threads every time I log on, and guess what's in them? Absolutely nothing.

I say sticky the random thread (Call it MCC even?) and have everything else by light discussions that are too lax for off-topic.

And of course, move those games to a subforum. That way people looking for games can instantly find them, and vice-versa for the topics.
I second this.
Biki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Biki »

double seconded! :or thirded i guess. >.>
ikiBBiki :o
*~Color Me Impressed~*
In honor of Cold Revolver: I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Gaming Goddess
Absolute Otaku

Post by Gaming Goddess »

Why move the games to a sub-forum at all? Delete the bastards :x
An ordinary girl, an ordinary waist; but ordinary's just not good enough today.
Who needs imagination when you have a television?
Half of the Dream Team. Sup Mike? :wink: Part of the Sexy Trio =P~
BIKI! =3
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Some people like their little game threads. :roll:
Some games are okay. The older ones.
josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

Unsticky all the threads except the what do you look like thread. Move the games to a Gaming Subforum. The other idea really isn't necessary and will be far too annoying to moderate. You will get jerks like myself giving you a hard time, creating threads called 'muffin' for instance. which at first seems completely random, as it is, but if i say muffins are the central theme then thats justified to go in the apparently non random thread. this idea will work for a lot more than just muffins so id really just take one change at a time to see how it goes. First change! - Game subforum.

andI can't believe you guys were considering getting rid of MCC in ur precious mod discussions. the reason MCC was created was because there was too much random bullshit/pointless stuff in off topic. And if MCC is destroyed it will all just find its way back to offtopic.
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
josh :)
Uber Otaku

Post by josh :) »

u could make an 'Isn't is strange?' subforum.

bahaha fck im funy
My Facebook Profile Add me as a friend if you want :)
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

That's not all that happens in our elite mod discussion. We usually throw parties and get completely wasted, while losing track of days at a time, no recollection whatsoever of what happened.

It is true that one person could damper the whole idea with creating threads out of spite. 'Course the reaction would be the same as what would happen if you did that in any other part of the forum: The topic would be deleted. One thread for MCC would probably get too many posts to moderate effectively. Still, there needs to be something done to stop this flood of ignorance.

Muffins would be a legitimate topic, despite how absurd it is. As long as it stays remotely on topic, you sir, have created a light discussion thread :D
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
Jade_Steel_Hawk

Slash wrote:That's not all that happens in our elite mod discussion. We usually throw parties and get completely wasted, while losing track of days at a time, no recollection whatsoever of what happened.

It is true that one person could damper the whole idea with creating threads out of spite. 'Course the reaction would be the same as what would happen if you did that in any other part of the forum: The topic would be deleted. One thread for MCC would probably get too many posts to moderate effectively. Still, there needs to be something done to stop this flood of ignorance.

Muffins would be a legitimate topic, despite how absurd it is. As long as it stays remotely on topic, you sir, have created a light discussion thread :D
Shhhhh! They're supposed to think we do serious business. :-$ 8-[
But yes, sounds good, Slash.

Banana walnut muffins are my favorite. 8-[ :mrgreen: