I Need Help Desperately....

Mindless conversations that no sane person would care about.
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

I Need Help Desperately....

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

Okay, so I have Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 on my computer. I want to make AMVs, but all of my anime episodes are in AVI format! I'm getting tired of downloading about 5 different codec programs, none of which worked. I have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer. The Sony Vegas version, again, is Pro 9.0, in case it matters. Please make sure that it DOES work. Give specific instructions (like if you need to run it as an administrator, or if you should not have any other codecs running) so that I won't get it wrong!
So far, I only have Movie Maker 2.6 and Live Movie Maker to work with. Both freeze CONSTANTLY and I'm tired of it. Sony Vegas freezes, but only instantaneously and works quickly. If somebody knows how to fix this problem (don't say YouTube; most of them don't work for me) please tell me!!
Last edited by KawaiiGirl104 on Oct 29, 2010 3:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
And what's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.
Whatever you say, I'm still taking your cake.
http://www.youtube.com/user/KawaiiGirl104/ Subscribe please!!!!
SASSZAIN

Re: I Need Help Desperately....

Post by SASSZAIN »

repost in a visible colour, then i'll help *twitch* :twitch:
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

Okay..... The font color is changed...... HELP!!!!!
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

things are freeing, that tells me its not a codec problem. Makes me think your processor is getting too much to handle, or your RAM is dying/dead. how much RAM do you have, and how fast is your processor, also, what video card are you running.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Yamasachihiko
Master Otaku

Post by Yamasachihiko »

Hello I'm new here but I wanted to try to help you... I covert avi files on my computer for making AMVs with the prism video converter I didn't install any of the add-ons just the converter it's self ,http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html It has a 14 day trail version but I would uninstall it and reinstall it right off my on computer to keep it longer. sorry if that sounded dumb but after trying different things and it worked I keep using it , also.. I forgot to uninstall it before the 14 days was up again now I cant use it :( so I'm back to square one.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

thats cause you didnt use staxrip
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

People..... MOVIE MAKER freezes a lot. NOT Sony Vegas 9.0 Pro. It's not a processor problem, but a problem with Sony Vegas codecs. I have a working converter, but I want to see if there's an easier way to make the AVIs work.
Take that into consideration when replying.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Movie maker freezes because its a peice of crap program XD why else would it be given free with the OS?
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

Well duh. But I had to download Windows Live Movie Maker because my computer came with NO video editing program.
But can someone just answer the question?! I just need a codec program that can compress/decompress an AVI file to work in Sony Vegas Pro 9.0. No converters: Freemake Video Converter is my absolute LAST resort.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

psst, if your Sony vegas cant open an avi file for editing, you messed something up. Try installing the combined community codec pack, as well as reinstalling Sony Vegas.
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

Downloaded CCCP. Reinstalled Vegas. NOTHING.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Hmm, sounds like you're using corrupt avi files then.
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

If they're corrupt, then how can I still use them in every other program??? They are most likely NOT corrupt.
But if no one can give me what I need, I'll just have to use Freemake Video Converter. Damn it. (excuse my French) Oh well. -_-
(and SASSZAIN, you are veeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrry stubborn. Bleh to you.)
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

He's trying to help you, quit getting pissy.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
Athos

Post by Athos »

KawaiiGirl104 wrote:If they're corrupt, then how can I still use them in every other program??? They are most likely NOT corrupt.
But if no one can give me what I need, I'll just have to use Freemake Video Converter. Damn it. (excuse my French) Oh well. -_-
(and SASSZAIN, you are veeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrry stubborn. Bleh to you.)

Go figure. This is what you get when you try to help a girl solve a tech issue.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

that was very sexist o-O I'm a bit angry at you for that Athos, albeit very true -.-;

If you can use the files in every other program, then by rule of deduction its your sony movie program that has the malfunction. since you've said repeatedly that it is a legal version of the program, i suggest that you contact their support team.

Also, lying is bad. Just putting that out there XD