My best friend's an orphan.

Mindless conversations that no sane person would care about.
Kaiko
Ramen Slurping Otaku
Location: I don't know. I'm not really sure how I got here, either.

My best friend's an orphan.

Post by Kaiko »

[hilight=] :cry: :cry: :cry: [/hilight] Today, I learned something terrible. My second closest friend,Bri, has't been in school for well over a month and I've been a little worried. So,during lunch, I asked my first closest friend, Jay, if Bri had transfered and Jay told me that Bri's mom had died of cancer. I had no idea. Bri's dad died of cancer when Bri was 7 and now Bri,and her siblings are orphans. They moved in with their grandparents. I feel so sorry for Bri and I want to send her a letter. But what should it say? Can you guys give me advice?
Why would anyone be racist towards baby racoons!?
SASSZAIN

Re: My best friend's an orphan.

Post by SASSZAIN »

Words of comfort for an orphan? Let her know you still love her and want to be in her life. Then make an active effort to spend time with her.

I was orphaned three times throughout my life(long story), And that'd be the words i'd wanted to have heard.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

Kaiko wrote:[hilight=] :cry: :cry: :cry: [/hilight] Today, I learned something terrible. My second closest friend,Bri, has't been in school for well over a month and I've been a little worried. So,during lunch, I asked my first closest friend, Jay, if Bri had transfered and Jay told me that Bri's mom had died of cancer. I had no idea. Bri's dad died of cancer when Bri was 7 and now Bri,and her siblings are orphans. They moved in with their grandparents. I feel so sorry for Bri and I want to send her a letter. But what should it say? Can you guys give me advice?
I have learned growing up, that the worst thing you can do is not acknowledge this persons loss. Express how deeply sorry you are for their loss and then help the them until they can learn the deal with this loss. They is not something you "get over", rather you come to terms with over time.

Your letter sounds like a fantastic idea, do it asap.
Kaiko
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Kaiko »

I emailed bri and she replied. She's doing well and will becoming to visit me and jay in a week.
Dretlin

Post by Dretlin »

That is good news.
Kaiko
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Kaiko »

Yeah but now there's a new problem. My dad's only sister died today and, well, he cried and I didn't know what to do because I've never seen him cry before,so I left the room and I've been in my room ever since. What should I Have done and or do if it happens again?
Athos

Post by Athos »

Give him a hug and then up his life insurance policy.
Member of the ModSquad 8)
Kaiko
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Kaiko »

Insureance?
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

its that stuff you get when people have accidents or fatal things happen, so that you can pay for expenses in their absence.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Yamasachihiko
Master Otaku

Post by Yamasachihiko »

I'm sorry to her about your friend's mom and your dad's sister really, I should have seen this sooner, the best thing you can do is to be there for someone when they need you.