Midnight Saga

Pretend you're someone else and show the world how geeky you really are!
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Midnight Saga

Post by Grell »

Earth, a blue planet in the Milky Way that we're all familiar with. But in a small pocket dimension, directly connected to Earth's moon, exists Midnight, a much less known city-planet. Infested with everything from shapeshifters to vampires to demons and the like, Midnight is ruled over by the council. 13 members of the different major races, they're the ones in charge of keeping order. Although, Midnight isn't protected by police. They have the Dogs, an elite set of mercenaries hired monthly to uphold the Council's laws. They have to be hired monthly- half of them don't survive.

Midnight's reputation stems from two major things-

The first is the notorious Midnight Black Market. The section of town is home to countless underhanded thieves, but as far as their concern, the illegalities of earth don't concern them on Midnight.

The second is Midnight's reputation as a crossroad of worlds. Midnight might be connected to Earth, but that doesn't mean its the only planet travelers come from.

In this roleplay, there are no race rules. All races from anything you can think of are open.

Occupations of your character, should they have one, are open as well. Waiter, hostess, mercenary, lord, noble, etc.

No godmodding. I know this might be hard for some of you, but please refrain from overthrowing the populace.

If you want your character to be a Dog (the mercenaries that work for the Council), they will have to serve under one of the council members.

Council positions are open to whoever claims them first. For the sake of the RP, we'll say there are 5 open slots for Council members. A sixth spot is taken by my character.

Council Members:
1: Alyosha - Aiden
2: Ryujin - Nyko
3: Cryth - Meushi
4:
5:
6: Kohaku - Grell

Dogs:
Otto - Aiden
Jack - Nyko
Cyt - Nyko

Other Characters:
Koryu - Grell
Aaron - Grell
Iris - Aiden

Profile:
Name:
-Serves under: (This is only needed if you're a mercenary/assassin/bodyguard for another character. Also, if you're a Dog, you have to list what council member you work under.)
Race:
Weapon:
Element/Magic: (the most you can have is two elements. Keep magic talents listed reasonable)
Appearance: (pics preferred, but not needed)
Bio: (Don't have to do this if you don't want to)

My Profiles:

Name: Koryu Orphium
-Serves under: Occasionally she will do jobs for her brother, Kohaku
Race: Demon
Weapon: Katana (The Angel Blade/God-Cutting Sword), twin pistols (Skoll and Hati)
Element/Magic: Fire, Shadows
Appearance: http://zemyxgrl.deviantart.com/art/Kory ... -151596725
Bio: Her mother died after giving birth to her younger brother, Aaron, and her father was on the council much of her childhood. After events that took place when she was 19, her father was killed and her eldest brother, Kohaku, took over his place on the Council. The position had been handed down in their family since the beginning of Midnight. Despite her mother's protests early on, Koryu was raised to be a mercenary from the time she could walk. She recently changed her last name from Ichiga to Orphium after starting the Orphium Company.

Name: Kohaku Ichiga
Weapon: A book
Element/Magic: Ice, Shadows
Appearance: (Will post later)
Bio: As the eldest son, he was always raised to be proper and well rounded in his knowledge. He often times accompanied his father to council meetings, leaving Koryu to take care of the household and Aaron. He often scolds Aaron for taking after their sister.

Name: Aaron Orphium
-Serves under: Koryu
Weapon: A croquet mallet
Element/Magic: Ice, Fire
Appearance: (Will post later)
Bio: Ever taking after his sister, when Koryu began the Orphium company, he begged her for a role. Unfortunately, Koryu only laughed at him and assigned him the mission of running errands. Not the best job, but he takes it seriously, hoping to prove he's responsible enough to move up in the company.
Last edited by Grell on Mar 28, 2010 7:59pm, edited 4 times in total.
Please, I am but a smol potate.

Past Names you'll know its me by: Demyx, Dreaming Awake, Lord Koryu
Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Re: Midnight Saga

Post by Aiden »

Name: Iris Orphium
-Serves under: Her cousin, Koryu
Weapon: Big one in the middle [name: Faylic] and Alyx and Veronica
Element/Magic: Air, Water
Appearance: http://prodigybombay.deviantart.com/art ... -104879094 [with boobs and none of the demon features except small horns hidden under her hair]
Bio: N/A but Other: haha I named my effing weapons too. xp

Name: Alyosha Nate
Weapon: Daggers and Chains
Element/Magic: Dusk [night/dark/darkness/shadows... to that effect]
Appearance: http://virus-ac74.deviantart.com/art/As ... -155469657
Bio: N/A [I [censored] suck at bio. ><]

Name: Otto Pryce
-Serves under: Alyosha
Race: Furry
Weapon: Dual Katanas [Saki and Fiona]
Element/Magic: Fire
Appearance: http://megami-no-yorokobi.deviantart.co ... e-47108083
(RAH)² (AH)³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH(LA)²
Nyko
Absolute Otaku

Post by Nyko »

Name: Ryujin Cartisus
Race: Vampire
Weapon: Two large katanas
Element/Magic: Fire
Appearance: Ryujin
Bio: He grew up in a wealthy family, but was treated like dirt. His father passed away when he was 5 and his mother was a council member until she died. Her was 17 when he took his mother's spot as a council member. He has a big heart and hates liars.

Name: "Jack"
-Serves under: Ryujin
Weapon: Several knives hidden in her clothes and three special katanas; Jade of Abyss, Accumulating Sin, Damascus Uchigatana(they were her dads).
Element/Magic: Air and Shadow
Appearance: Jack usually wears large old jeans that have many holes and cuts in them, a tank top, black and white converses, and a skeleton hoody she wears sometimes.
Bio: She doesn't remember most her life. She just woke up one day and had no memory of her life. She only remembers her name, which is on the dog tags she always wears. She stays quiet unless she has something to say. She remains distant, but she has a big heart.

Name: Cyt Gruller
-Serves under: Ryujin
Race: Furry
Weapon: Spear
Element/Magic: None
Appearance: Cyt usually wears black jeans with a flower decal and a pink skinny tee.
Bio: She grew up fighting. She grew up with four brothers, who loved to fight. She will protect Ryujin with her life. Shes a goof, but when it comes to a fight she gets serious.
I feel like I have just ripped my heart out and handed it to the devil saying, "Take me I'm heartless."
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

((Well, I would assume we should start and let others join as they wish. Are there any objections?))

Nyko
Absolute Otaku

Post by Nyko »

(I'm good with that.)
I feel like I have just ripped my heart out and handed it to the devil saying, "Take me I'm heartless."
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

((Alright then. ^ ^ I'll start.))

Koryu sat in a nearly empty bar, an empty glass sitting in front of her. She sighed, staring into the empty glass, and then leaned back on her stool. "Slow days... they suck."

Kohaku was in his office at the council house, which sits at the very heart of Midnight.

Nyko
Absolute Otaku

Post by Nyko »

Jack sighed as she walked down the street. She passed a bar and looked in the window for a second before she slipped her hands into her pockets and walked on down the street.

Cyt sat on the corner of Ryujin's desk.

Ryujin sat there for a moment thinking before he got up and walked through the council house.

Cyt hopped off Ryujin's desk and followed him out of his office.
Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

Alyosha walked into the bar from the street, looking around he walked to a seat a few away from Koryu and asked for a Rum and Coke. The glass, easily and quickly arrived in front of him, Alyosha sipped from it, his eyes glowed a bright red as he glanced at Koryu from the corner of his eye. Placing the glass down after a few sips he sat up straight and whipped his leather jacket straight, curving the bottom edges near his bare torso around him so there wasn't as much skin showing. The chains around his arms rattled a bit as he did. Going back to the table he grabbed his glass and slammed the rest of the beverage down with a sigh, he opened his mouth, his sharp, short fangs clinking his bites, chuckling a bit to himself as he remained sitting there, playing with them.

Iris sat in the back of the bar, in the dark, shaking her head and rolling her eyes at Alyosha. She sat there, drinking and playing with her hair, putting the other earbud headphone into her right ear, and went back to listening to her music, tapping her foot on one of the legs of the table.

Otto was still outside, waiting for Alyosha like "the dog he was" which he repeated with a stern tone to himself. "I'm just a dog. Just a stupid dog. A dog that must wait outside. Wait for his 'master'." Otto in Alyosha's eyes was just purely his dog. Seeing as Otto was a furry 'critter' as Alyosha put it, Alyosha had 'claimed' Otto as his own. Otto wore a spiked collar notifying that he was already owned.
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

Koryu glanced over at Alyosha, raising an eyebrow. "Having fun with that?"

Kohaku opened his door, carrying a manila envelope. He spotted Ryujin and Cyt, and smiled a bit amiably. "Good morning, Ryujin. Cyt." He tipped his head a bit towards both of them.

Aaron darted down the street, weaving through the pockets of people that were gathering along one of the main streets.
Last edited by Grell on Mar 24, 2010 7:44pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

Alyosha looked over at her, "Who asked you?" He smirked.

Iris, noticing the 'conversation', turned off her music and sat intently, listening.

Otto glared up at Kohaku then closed his eyes and nodded slowly as if saying, 'to you as well.'
Nyko
Absolute Otaku

Post by Nyko »

Jack was walking down the street, when she felt someone behind her. She turned just as Aaron grabbed for her pocket. Grabbing his arm, she looked him in the eyes. Her gray eyes turned a shade darker as she spoke, "You know its not nice to reach into people's pockets. . ." She stood there holding him by the arm.

Ryujin nodded a 'Hello' to Kohaku as he continued walking.

Cyt left Ryujin's side and walked off through the streets. She was looking for Jack.
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

((Just noticed a mistake in my last post. Fix'd.

And Nyko, by 'weaving through the pockets of people', I just meant that Aaron was squeezing by people. not literally going through there pockets. ^ ^;;))

She clicked her tongue. "Nobody. I just asked you."

Kohaku paused for a moment in thought, and then headed for the front door of the council building.

Aaron gasped, then started struggling. "Put me down!"

Nyko
Absolute Otaku

Post by Nyko »

((Sorry, misunderstading. . .))

Jack looked at Aaron realizing she grabbed the young boy and watched as the boy got away, "I'm sorry. . ." She let go of Aaron's arm and walked off.

Cyt saw Otto standing outside the bar. She walked in the bar and looked around for Jack, "Where is she?" She mumbled to herself as she walked back out of the bar and started looking up and down the streets.

Ryujin stopped in the hall and stood there thinking for a moment, "Where is Cyt? Nd Jack?" He raised a brow as he looked around.
Aiden
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aiden »

Alyosha turned around on the chair, "So you're nobody now?"

Iris sat back and wait for the outcome.

Otto got up and brushed off his ass, "It's getting cold I don't care what he says.. I'm going inside..." Otto walked into the bar and sat against the wall.
Meushi
Absolute Otaku

Post by Meushi »

(is it too late to join?)

Name:Cryth
Race: Half angel half demon
Weapon: Bow and arrow, scythe
Element/Magic: Light and Dark
Appearance: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/l ... 1269798317
Bio: not alot is known about cryth. She was placed on the council by her father as he was before he died
As I look into the Night Sky I think about my life in genral.... (-_-)
Grell
Absolute Otaku

Post by Grell »

(not at all)

Aaron huffed a bit, and started for the bar again.

Koryu raised an eyebrow. "No, nobody asked me, and I asked you." She said, curtly.

Kohaku stood in front of the council building, thumbing the envelope he held.